March 31, 2020, 11:07 a.m.

So licking toilet seats is now OK?

March 31, 2020, 12:08 p.m.

If thta's your thang....

March 31, 2020, 12:28 p.m.

Posted by: Kieran

Posted by: KenN

Its going to be interesting to see how the 3rd world countries fair in relation to the West. Will herd immunity prove actually better in the long run?

I've seen arguments for that they might actually get it over and done more quickly with less deaths.

Allowing it to spread 'naturally' will certainly get it over with more quickly, but it absolutely will not result in fewer deaths.

No one knows that. All these 'models' that you see are just that.

There are theories that it will mutate into a less deadly virus if left to run naturally.

We simply don't know and to claim anything other than that is simply speculation.

"Letting it spread" naturally didn't work so well with the 1918 influenza.

March 31, 2020, 12:33 p.m.

Posted by: tungsten

If thta's your thang....

You've not seen those sad fucks on Instagram trying to prove a point that this virus is nothing?

Posted by: switch

Its going to be interesting to see how the 3rd world countries fair in relation to the West. Will herd immunity prove actually better in the long run?

I've seen arguments for that they might actually get it over and done more quickly with less deaths.

Allowing it to spread 'naturally' will certainly get it over with more quickly, but it absolutely will not result in fewer deaths.

There are theories that it will mutate into a less deadly virus if left to run naturally.

We simply don't know and to claim anything other than that is simply speculation.

Totally different set of circumstances. In both available health care and public information about the virus.

Last edited by: Kieran on March 31, 2020, 12:34 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
March 31, 2020, 12:39 p.m.

I'm sure you have a very high immune system from doing this, keep doing it.

Places like Haiti are being talked about like it's going to get decimated, but with so many people living in poverty - unsanitary conditions would the number of infected be less per capita? See what happens in India. People are starving they don't give a fuck about a virus.

Last edited by: Brocklanders on March 31, 2020, 12:40 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 31, 2020, 12:50 p.m.

Posted by: Brocklanders

I'm sure you have a very high immune system from doing this, keep doing it.

Places like Haiti are being talked about like it's going to get decimated, but with so many people living in poverty - unsanitary conditions would the number of infected be less per capita? See what happens in India. People are starving they don't give a fuck about a virus.

Hahaha. See my toilet licking comment above.

I doubt we'll ever know the true numbers in those countries. Makes you realise how lucky we have it.

March 31, 2020, 4:59 p.m.

https://youtu.be/6Af6b_wyiwI

March 31, 2020, 9:38 p.m.

If anyone has seen the Netflix documentary Pandemic, Jacob Glanville runs Distributed Bio which has been working to find an antibody therapy.

Possibly the best news I've heard for a while. But giving it to the military to test gives me the creeps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDBVwqNOBXY

March 31, 2020, 11:45 p.m.

https://youtu.be/s0IzJaicTi8

Last edited by: tungsten on March 31, 2020, 11:49 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
April 1, 2020, 12:27 a.m.

If thta's your thang....

You've not seen those sad fucks on Instagram trying to prove a point that this virus is nothing?

Totally different set of circumstances. In both available health care and public information about the virus.

In the USA, they let it spread in some cases, and social distanced in others.  The difference was dramatic.  That's the model.

April 1, 2020, 8:39 a.m.

If thta's your thang....

In the USA, they let it spread in some cases, and social distanced in others.  The difference was dramatic.  That's the model.

Seattle vs New Orleans.  Lock Down vs Mardi Gras.  I don't think New Orleans will do well.  Florida is looking bad now too as well after Spring Break.

April 1, 2020, 10:14 a.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

If thta's your thang....

Seattle vs New Orleans.  Lock Down vs Mardi Gras.  I don't think New Orleans will do well.  Florida is looking bad now too as well after Spring Break.

How much is that going to be down to public health? New Orleans people are probably not as healthy as Seattle people on the whole and I'm sure the health care system is way better also.

Florida is just full of functioning addicts so I guess they are going to be hit hard.

April 1, 2020, 10:22 a.m.

If thta's your thang....

The difference is still being played out? And some places have been infected longer than others. Total lockdown doesn't seem to have helped Italy or Spain. Who knows, things may turn out differently, I only hope all these measures being taken don't fuck us all in the long term, I've been listening to arguments from both sides and neither seem to know.

April 1, 2020, 11:42 a.m.

The difference is still being played out? And some places have been infected longer than others. Total lockdown doesn't seem to have helped Italy or Spain. Who knows, things may turn out differently, I only hope all these measures being taken don't fuck us all in the long term, I've been listening to arguments from both sides and neither seem to know.

It's hard to know when they dont know too much about it or dont tell us too much about it, other than to be afraid and concerned about covid19 and not sars2.  Maybe Baba Yaaga came back?

April 1, 2020, 1:03 p.m.

Total lockdown doesn't seem to have helped Italy or Spain. 

Oh?  And exactly what is the basis for this claim?  Spain and Italy were late to respond, so the situation got out of control, but can you cite facts suggesting that it would have been no different without the lockdown?