COVID-19

March 25, 2020, 10:39 a.m.

Wait a minute, how old are you ?

March 25, 2020, 11:49 a.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

Why did the 18th Century Great Plagues take place mostly in the 19th century?

Because man! When the luddites started counting centuries after B.C., they fucked up thinking zero was a place holder or more than an insignificant digit.

March 25, 2020, 11:50 a.m.

Posted by: tungsten

Or how old was his native friend?!

March 25, 2020, 12:16 p.m.

Posted by: tungsten

LOL.  The old guy was well into his 90's when I was a kid in the '80s, so I assumed he was talking about the early years of the town I grew up in.  He was in town from the very beginning of the white man arriving, so around 1910ish, but I probably screwed up the story and he wasn't on the trip now that I look at the dates.  He was probably just relaying the story from a guy he knew.  It was a long time ago and I was just a kid.   Small Pox didn't even hit the west coast until 1862, so that makes a lot more sense.

March 25, 2020, 6:26 p.m.

Lol, Chupacabra is immortal!

March 25, 2020, 6:27 p.m.

They say if you are a smoker and get this virus, you are done.

March 25, 2020, 9:05 p.m.

The leaders of the United States of America will have the blood of hundreds of thousands on their hands if the don't do a 180 soon.

I've shit on the Liberal's and Conservative's here non-stop, but I'm somewhat happy in the belief they would never do a small percentage of the shit going on down south.

To all the American's here, sorry, hope you find a way out of this.

March 25, 2020, 10:34 p.m.

https://youtu.be/goQ_eEeutbk

March 26, 2020, 8:54 a.m.

Trump wants packed churches for Easter.  He is truly stupid.  That doesn't even help the economy if that is his argument.

March 26, 2020, 9:05 a.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

Trump wants packed churches for Easter.  He is truly stupid.  That doesn't even help the economy if that is his argument.

such a fucking disaster.

March 26, 2020, 9:41 a.m.

This could go in the Trump thread too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkMwvmJLnc0

March 26, 2020, 9:45 a.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

Posted by: Fast-Orange

There are more incinerators firing to dispose of all the excess, covid-infected, disposable medical equipment.

Coal importation would also obviously go down what with the reduced energy demand of everyone not going to work.

For phone accounys quite a few people in China have more than one phone number. The lockdown would have likely caused a lot of people.to cancel unneeded cell phone accounts.

Regarding the coal - most of China's electricity comes from coal fired plants. Unless no ones home using power, I doubt energy usage would drop that much.

As for more phone numbers, each number is a phone correct? I didnt read the whole article but these were dead usage accounts iirc. I'm sure you've seen the video's of them shovelling cell phones on the floor at "a crematorium".

Yes most of China's electricity comes from coal fired plants. 

There are also about a quarter billion electric vehicles in China that people haven't been driving but yeah I can see how you'd prefer to believe that millions are dead.

March 26, 2020, 2 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

The leaders of the United States of America will have the blood of hundreds of thousands on their hands if the don't do a 180 soon.

I've shit on the Liberal's and Conservative's here non-stop, but I'm somewhat happy in the belief they would never do a small percentage of the shit going on down south.

To all the American's here, sorry, hope you find a way out of this.

I'll put my usual flipside on this with a bit of Jim Morrison: we should already have blood on the streets its up to my ankles..

March 26, 2020, 2:06 p.m.

Posted by: Fast-Orange

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

Regarding the coal - most of China's electricity comes from coal fired plants. Unless no ones home using power, I doubt energy usage would drop that much.

As for more phone numbers, each number is a phone correct? I didnt read the whole article but these were dead usage accounts iirc. I'm sure you've seen the video's of them shovelling cell phones on the floor at "a crematorium".

Yes most of China's electricity comes from coal fired plants. 

There are also about a quarter billion electric vehicles in China that people haven't been driving but yeah I can see how you'd prefer to believe that millions are dead.

Ok so what do the EVs or your crass assumption have to do with this inconsistency of millions of users? If you noticed, I accentuated the crematorium because you, me and everyone else who saw that video clip has no idea where or what was really going on. I assume if China or the CCP let that video out, they wanted us to see it; along with all the others.

You seem to know all things China and defend it or set us straight so I'd like to ask you what you know about the Wuhan protests in Summer 2019?

March 26, 2020, 10:32 p.m.