COVID-19

March 22, 2020, 3:36 p.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

Posted by: Kieran

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

Anyone else read the articles about Chinese telecom companies losing 8-15 million people recently? Or that coal usage/importation was down 2/3s a few weeks ago?

Yeah, I read about that and was laughing out loud with some of the tinfoil comments that followed the article.

My big question on this is where are the bodies? And I'm saying that because the Nazis struggled to cope with disposing 3 million bodies over a 3 year period. So I very much doubt that the Chinese had the capability of making those numbers just disappear in 3 months. I think we'd smell the stench from here.

Plus over a month ago I was listening to talk radio and they were interviewing a British guy living in Wuhan, and he never said anything about army trucks carrying out hordes of bodies which is what would be needed to take away those numbers on a daily basis. See the picture of Italy and the line of trucks needed to take away just a few hundred from Lombardy.

Perhaps its like Syncro said at the top of the other page - they're welded into their home still? There was rumors of dumptrucks removing bodies in Wuhan early on... there was also the rise in Sulfur from the same area. There was rumors of a huge order of mobile "incinerators" within China.. They back to work?

I don't buy that. Too many cameras and opportunities out there to share what's going down. Maybe if it was 30 years ago then yeah something like that could happen.

But at the same time I don't believe the official numbers, who does? But 8-15 million? Nope!

Last edited by: Kieran on March 22, 2020, 3:38 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 22, 2020, 8:39 p.m.

Posted by: Kieran

I don't buy that. Too many cameras and opportunities out there to share what's going down. Maybe if it was 30 years ago then yeah something like that could happen.

But at the same time I don't believe the official numbers, who does? But 8-15 million? Nope!

Maybe thats how many people fled the country?

March 22, 2020, 9:25 p.m.

Fox New says everything is being blown out of proportion.  The headline: "Flatten the curve, not the economy".

March 22, 2020, 9:42 p.m.

There are more incinerators firing to dispose of all the excess, covid-infected, disposable medical equipment.

Coal importation would also obviously go down what with the reduced energy demand of everyone not going to work.

For phone accounys quite a few people in China have more than one phone number. The lockdown would have likely caused a lot of people.to cancel unneeded cell phone accounts.

Last edited by: Fast-Orange on March 22, 2020, 9:45 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
March 23, 2020, 2:56 a.m.

Posted by: switch

Fox New says everything is being blown out of proportion.  The headline: "Flatten the curve, not the economy".

Well... Internets now saying Pompeo said this "was a live exercise", Trump replies "wish you would've told us"...

March 23, 2020, 8:45 a.m.

There are going to be conspiracy theory spin-offs over this virus for years to come.

March 23, 2020, 12:39 p.m.

Posted by: Fast-Orange

There are more incinerators firing to dispose of all the excess, covid-infected, disposable medical equipment.

Coal importation would also obviously go down what with the reduced energy demand of everyone not going to work.

For phone accounys quite a few people in China have more than one phone number. The lockdown would have likely caused a lot of people.to cancel unneeded cell phone accounts.

Regarding the coal - most of China's electricity comes from coal fired plants. Unless no ones home using power, I doubt energy usage would drop that much.

As for more phone numbers, each number is a phone correct? I didnt read the whole article but these were dead usage accounts iirc. I'm sure you've seen the video's of them shovelling cell phones on the floor at "a crematorium".

March 23, 2020, 12:43 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

There are going to be conspiracy theory spin-offs over this virus for years to come.

There already is: latest being covid is a fear tactic for an under reported h3n2 flu variant. Why I'm not sure other than implementing Agenda2020 and the super tinfoil shit. But thats one of the latest. So many more already I doubt we'll have to wait years for tinfoil. I'm sure we all could hash up a good one together.

Last edited by: aShogunNamedMarcus on March 23, 2020, 1:02 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 24, 2020, 9:28 a.m.

The Amazon delivery network is a potential hotbed for coronavirus spread. While health officials advise against meetings of 10 or more people, Amazon warehouses have 100, 500, or even 1500 employees working in a single location. From these warehouses, drivers and cargo handlers like me are dispatched all over the region, entering thousands of apartment buildings, businesses, and residences to deliver packages.

Despite this clear potential for danger, Amazon has not taken many simple precautions to prevent an outbreak. For example, neither Amazon nor our contractor has provided basic supplies like hand sanitizer for our trucks, to disinfect between deliveries, in spite of repeated requests from workers. 

At our delivery station, we have also not seen any increase in our paid sick leave to account for the virus threat. Many of our coworkers would face a difficult choice if they experienced symptoms of coronavirus: go to work and risk infecting your coworkers, or miss as many as 5 days of pay (the time it can take to get tested for COVID-19 and receive the results). In the context of high rents, low wages, and no support for paid leave, many of them will be forced to take the risk and come to work. 

On top of this, there has been remarkably little communication from Amazon management about precautions and procedures, including the question of what happens if one of our coworkers were to test positive for COVID-19. This question has become even more urgent, after an Amazon associate recently tested positive at a delivery station in New York City and five tested positive at a warehouse in Spain. In New York, employees say that it was co-workers—not Amazon management—that informed them of the positive test result, and that workers were asked to come in for their shift after the case was discovered. Amazon should communicate clearly with its employees and contractors about this threat, and they should immediately shut down any facility where a positive coronavirus case is found, with full pay for all affected workers. 

These problems are not isolated to Seattle and New York........... 

https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/03/24/putting-profits-before-workers-safety-inside-amazon-during-the-covid-19-crisis/

Last edited by: tungsten on March 24, 2020, 9:30 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 24, 2020, 11:48 a.m.

Simple, unionize.

March 24, 2020, 1:17 p.m.

March 24, 2020, 1:31 p.m.

Why did the 18th Century Great Plagues take place mostly in the 19th century?

March 24, 2020, 5:02 p.m.

Who knows.

March 24, 2020, 9:41 p.m.

Boy, those native americans sure got fucked, didn't they? 90%? Holy shit!

March 25, 2020, 8:58 a.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

Boy, those native americans sure got fucked, didn't they? 90%? Holy shit!

It literally emptied villages in a season.  One of the old-timers back home told me a story of taking a boat up the coast with a native friend of his so he could visit family and when they got there nobody was left.  Those that survived just moved to the reserve.  There were thousands of small villages up and down the coast and they virtually disappeared.