COVID-19

March 12, 2020, 6:42 p.m.

FO here's one you can analyze for us to let us know if it's fake or not

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/fhgmkq/wuhan_residents_powerful_live_stream_freakout/

March 12, 2020, 7:12 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

FO here's one you can analyze for us to let us know if it's fake or not

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/fhgmkq/wuhan_residents_powerful_live_stream_freakout/

Congratulations. You found the Chinese equivalent of an Alex Jones listener.

March 12, 2020, 7:15 p.m.

What if I told you that there were loads of Chinese people that listen to Alex Jones that are convinced the entire western world is a dystopian nightmare and sleep well at night knowing they live in China. Would that blow your mind?

Last edited by: Fast-Orange on March 12, 2020, 7:15 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 12, 2020, 7:22 p.m.

Posted by: Fast-Orange

What if I told you that there were loads of Chinese people that listen to Alex Jones that are convinced the entire western world is a dystopian nightmare and sleep well at night knowing they live in China. Would that blow your mind?

No, not at all which I why I asked about that vid.

March 12, 2020, 7:24 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

No, not at all which I why I asked about that vid.

News flash. The Chinese are not a hive mind. They don't actually share uniform opinions about everything.

March 12, 2020, 7:26 p.m.

News flash. The Chinese are not a hive mind. They don't actually share uniform opinions about everything.

I don't doubt that. But, the level of info that comes out of China in regards to the general goings on of life over there seems to not exactly be an open river of information.

March 12, 2020, 9:32 p.m.

what if I told you there are loads of chinese people in Canada who don't trust mainland chinese ?

March 12, 2020, 10:23 p.m.

They've been doing  great job unfortunately our government is in no way prepared to accomplish anything like it.

At about 4pm Thursday Ontario government announced all public funded schools are closed an extra 2 weeks after Spring Break next week.  Understandable as hearing that locals are still jumping on planes to take the family to Disney Land or fly to Jamaica as one MTB club member I just heard is.  Makes sense as some seem to be stupid.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6668240/coronavirus-ontario-schools-closed/

Meanwhile found out a former courier friend to hoping see her Nana one last time is driving from Comox to Ottawa. Because the facility her Nana said in a email that if you fly they won't let you in.

March 13, 2020, 2:54 a.m.

public life is gonna be on lockdown in whole europe in the next days it seems. what a time to be alive

March 13, 2020, 9:11 a.m.

Spring Break is coming at a good time. My wife has respiratory issues and schools are breeding grounds for germs so I think there will be a lot of reading and going to walks in the forest. My office still hasn't said anything about our plans but I can work from home and I plan to. I can't imagine we will be far from Italy with respect to shutting shit down by early next week. Delaying these measures just seems stupid at this point.

The virus has sucked so much oxygen out of the room I haven't had any time to worry about the economy.

Johns Hopkins Map

Last edited by: chupacabra on March 13, 2020, 9:13 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 13, 2020, 9:15 a.m.

We've just had the Grandparents cancel their spring break visit from the UK.

We talked through all the issues and possible outcomes. With them both having heart issues and being in the age bracket of most concern it seemed the sensible option.

It coming folks. But people out there seem to think it's not going to affect their community. We are behind what's happening in Italy and Spain but we are only weeks away from it blowing up.

March 13, 2020, 10:35 a.m.

Official position from Canadian gov as of this morning - avoid all international travel, inbound international flights will be limited to landing at airports that will have extra screening set up.

March 13, 2020, 1:05 p.m.

Asking anyone arriving here to quarentine for 14 days. This just threw a monkey wrench into my industry and now I'm off for who knows how long as of today. Can't have a film production without most of the actors being from the USA

Will the feds close the border with the USA? This is going to be interesting...loaded up on stuff yesterday. Say goodbye to fresh fruit for a while when the wholesalers run out.

Pretty bizarre, never thought I would see this happen. Hopefully the feds get their shit together and keep the numbers down. The USA on the other hand is going to be a shitshow, I guess Bernie's universal health care is looking pretty good to the millions of uninsured in the US right now.

The lift lines at Whistler just became a non issue. So there's that. 

Anyways, out for ride we go.

Last edited by: Brocklanders on March 13, 2020, 1:14 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 13, 2020, 1:34 p.m.

Posted by: Brocklanders

The lift lines at Whistler just became a non issue. So there's that.

I'm not in a hurry to trap myself in a gondola with 7 strangers during an outbreak of an airborne viral pandemic. So I guess Fitzsimmons/Garbo/Emerald up?

Last edited by: Couch_Surfer on March 13, 2020, 1:36 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
March 13, 2020, 2:09 p.m.

Plus all the people in it before you.  They say it can live for 12 hours on metal.  I would pass on that too.