COVID-19

Jan. 12, 2024, 9:35 p.m.

I mask up at malls, airports, anywhere I'm inside with large groups of people or myself or family is sick.

Jan. 13, 2024, 4:01 a.m.

I do enjoy that “I’m sick, staying home, sorry” has been normalized, even when its just a cough or sniffle.

Jan. 13, 2024, 8:42 a.m.

Posted by: heckler

I do enjoy that “I’m sick, staying home, sorry” has been normalized, even when its just a cough or sniffle.

Indeed. That will wane in time though. Where I worked before I retired we had to tell people to go home before they infected us with whatever that had. I think during the heart of the pandemic many people many deniers never considered the economic implications of staff missing work. A lot of work. And infecting co-workers too. 

My buddy went to Mexico and then Calgary for Christmas. Ended up with the worst flu he’s ever had. Tested for Covid twice and it wasn’t that. He was in bed for several days. Now his partner is sick with what would appear to be the same thing. One reason I hate air travel. A good way to get sick.

Jan. 13, 2024, 9:03 a.m.

I mask on airplanes, there’s always a few coughing infectious twits on a plane, that’s about it.

Jan. 13, 2024, 10:18 a.m.

Posted by: andy-eunson

My buddy went to Mexico and then Calgary for Christmas. Ended up with the worst flu he’s ever had. Tested for Covid twice and it wasn’t that. He was in bed for several days. Now his partner is sick with what would appear to be the same thing. One reason I hate air travel. A good way to get sick.

My mom tested negative C-19 twice with a horrible hacking cough before we eventually, convinced her to visit the doctor for pneumonia medicine.  Father-in-law did the same, left the pneumonia too long.  Thankfully both are recovering.  Sigh.

Jan. 13, 2024, 1:47 p.m.

Caught it finally a few months back. Was mild for me, half a day of chills and aches, heart rate up a bit. Rested up in bed for a few days and that was it. Poor wife ran the gauntlet of all the symptoms and had a lingering cough for weeks. 

Haven't worn a mask in ages, I stay home when I'm sick. I don't make a thing about it if I'm requested to put one on, it's whatever.

April 22, 2024, 5:40 p.m.

Hot off the press is a review of the adverse effects of the covid vaccines. A quick synopsis is that the study looked at the whether the evidence:

- establishes a causal relationship
- favours acceptance of a causal relationship
- is inadequate to accept or reject a causal relationship
- favours rejection of a causal relationship

One of the key complaints about the covid vaccines was the potential for myocarditis and death from myocarditis. While the review did establish a causal link between the vaccines and myocarditis, it's important to note that the numbers were quite low in one large study at 1%, yet the risk of myocarditis from the virus itself was much higher at 11%. (p.196) It was also noted that the prognosis of myocarditis after covid vaccination appears to be much less severe than myocarditis from other causes.

https://nap.nationalacademies.org/read/27746/chapter/1

Last edited by: syncro on April 22, 2024, 5:43 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
April 22, 2024, 5:52 p.m.

I heard somewhere that young athletes suddenly having heart problems has always been a thing. Something about the strain of high level athletics exposing issues in the heart people are sometimes born with.