COVID-19

Dec. 22, 2021, 6:54 p.m.

How the north island boundary starts in Comox I'll never know,and thanks alot wierd bible camp for this out break..

Dec. 22, 2021, 7:04 p.m.

Posted by: Madman

This is a nice compilation of data on the situation here in BC.

https://www.chly.ca/local-news/2020/3/28/covid-19-on-vancouver-island-by-the-numbers

Thoughts on Pfizer and Merck's new drugs? Hoping they take the strain off our health care system once they are approved.

Great data link.

Dec. 23, 2021, 11:42 a.m.

Posted by: Adam-West

How the north island boundary starts in Comox I'll never know,and thanks alot wierd bible camp for this out break..

Bible camp down my way had an outbreak a few months back. Found out after some of their staff dropped by my work during their outbreak. So thoughtful.

Dec. 23, 2021, 5:07 p.m.

https://www.chly.ca/local-news/2020/3/28/covid-19-on-vancouver-island-by-the-numbers

Thoughts on Pfizer and Merck's new drugs? Hoping they take the strain off our health care system once they are approved.

My first thought was whether the deniers/anti vax/anti establishment folks will accept it. FDA gave it emergency approval. Will that make it too experimental. Or as long as it’s not an injection people may think it’s safer? If some are willing to take ivermectin maybe this is what they’ve been waiting for. I do hope it works though.

Dec. 23, 2021, 6:59 p.m.

Bible camp down my way had an outbreak a few months back. Found out after some of their staff dropped by my work during their outbreak. So thoughtful.

So very Christ-like of them to share like that.

Dec. 23, 2021, 7:22 p.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

My first thought was whether the deniers/anti vax/anti establishment folks will accept it. FDA gave it emergency approval. Will that make it too experimental. Or as long as it’s not an injection people may think it’s safer? If some are willing to take ivermectin maybe this is what they’ve been waiting for. I do hope it works though.

Curious as well. Hopefully it indirectly improves vaccine supplies to countries that need it most.

Dec. 23, 2021, 9:25 p.m.

My first questions about them is time required. How long do you take them for? Then, whats in them and what is it usually used for treating?

If these were the ones I read about back in Sept, then these would be essentially daily hiv like treatment caps. Remember when some of us were commenting on airborne aids earlier in this thread? Who knew.

Last edited by: aShogunNamedMarcus on Dec. 23, 2021, 9:25 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Dec. 23, 2021, 9:30 p.m.

Thoughts on China's new lockdown?

Dec. 23, 2021, 11:34 p.m.

I'd guess that they will use this as more reason to not get vaccinated.  Too bad, because this latest wave is really spiking.

Dec. 24, 2021, 6:52 a.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

Thoughts on China's new lockdown?

Yup, everyone who thinks what’s happening here at home is communism should take a look at real communism. I remember when all this got going two years ago when there were videos floating around of the Chinese military locking down whole cities with armed soldiers patrolling the streets.

Dec. 30, 2021, 12:13 a.m.

Seems the "wildly" popular Dr Daniel Nagase has been at it again promoting lies about problems with the vaccines, this time that it's causing stillbirths.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/covid19-vaccine-false-claims-stillbirth-1.6261062

Dec. 30, 2021, 11:44 a.m.

A vaxed religious bro tells me the about half the god heds are also anti-vax, when Covid races thru a group they send one person in to get the Covid test so they know its Covid but  fearing religious persecution they don't report the rest so the #'s are actulay much higher amongst those who follow the sky-guy

up here when we had the highest numbers in the province the christian school closed with > 40 cases, an out break from a wedding, a rodeo dance, the drunken annual telkwa BBQ

At xmas I was at a dinner with a loud mouth anti-vax-god-hed and he was talking about covid vax magnetizing people ... I had to leave the room

Last edited by: XXX_er on Dec. 30, 2021, 11:46 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Dec. 30, 2021, 4:57 p.m.

So now healthcare workers will be able to continue working if they test positive, but i have to isolate for 2 weeks?

Seems legit.

.....time for a revolt.

Dec. 30, 2021, 5 p.m.

Probably don't have any other choice cause there's no workers?

Dec. 30, 2021, 6:01 p.m.

Posted by: three-sheets

So now healthcare workers will be able to continue working if they test positive, but i have to isolate for 2 weeks?

Seems legit.

.....time for a revolt.

To be honest folks that can't handle this ^^^ are not going to revolt. Requires too much discipline and self-sacrifice.