COVID-19

March 15, 2020, 1:38 p.m.

Roads are dead all over the GVRD today listening to the am730 was eerie. The bridge and tunnel report didn't have a single slow spot. Seems people are choosing to stay at home which gives me hope.

March 15, 2020, 1:41 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

The difference here, in BC at least, is that the government has been very upfront about this from the beginning and they are constantly telling us what to do and what not to do in response to the virus. Compared to many other jurisdictions it seems like we have a better grip on things.

I know your reply was for Mr Orange but I'm curious about why Vancovuer didnt really get going, case wise, first. Before Iran, SK and Italy. Somewhere on the west coast should've been hot spot #2 behind Wuhan. Are we waiting on the other strain to get here (as in did one mutate and end up in SK/Italy/Iran)? We cant say its just because we wash our hands more.

I'm also unagreeable that the government is being upfront and or truthful. If you mean provincially, perhaps but federally the idiot in charge is making an easy road for a non confidence movement in my opinion. Thats IF you had confidence in him before.

March 15, 2020, 1:42 p.m.

Posted by: Adam-West

So the town goes on lock down then what? When do they lift it?

They dont.

I for one welcome our new NWO & WHO overlords.

March 15, 2020, 1:45 p.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

Posted by: syncro

The difference here, in BC at least, is that the government has been very upfront about this from the beginning and they are constantly telling us what to do and what not to do in response to the virus. Compared to many other jurisdictions it seems like we have a better grip on things.

I know your reply was for Mr Orange but I'm curious about why Vancovuer didnt really get going, case wise, first. Before Iran, SK and Italy. Somewhere on the west coast should've been hot spot #2 behind Wuhan. Are we waiting on the other strain to get here (as in did one mutate and end up in SK/Italy/Iran)? We cant say its just because we wash our hands more.

I'm also unagreeable that the government is being upfront and or truthful. If you mean provincially, perhaps but federally the idiot in charge is making an easy road for a non confidence movement in my opinion. Thats IF you had confidence in him before.

The reason we don't have more confirmed cases is because we don't have enough tests kits to test enough people. We have no idea how many people have it right now.

March 15, 2020, 2:29 p.m.

Posted by: Fast-Orange

The reason we don't have more confirmed cases is because we don't have enough tests kits to test enough people. We have no idea how many people have it right now.

So without testing, its the flu and society can go on and function normally? There's other ways to tell if a killer virus is moving around your locale.

March 15, 2020, 8:22 p.m.

https://youtu.be/RN2ZttJXdsw

March 15, 2020, 9:57 p.m.

BC Global has an update from Dr. Bonnie Henry daily at 3:30. News of what the province is doing about the virus. People need to stay calm & ride this one out.

March 15, 2020, 9:59 p.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

BC Global has an update from Dr. Bonnie Henry daily at 3:30. News of what the province is doing about the virus. People need to stay calm & ride this one out.

Stay calm and just stay home for a bit.

Easy.

March 16, 2020, 5:47 a.m.

fuck, that’s what i’m most afraid off 😔

https://www.velonews.com/2020/03/news/spanish-restrictions-putting-pinch-on-cyclists_507946

March 16, 2020, 5:47 a.m.

So, here is something interesting...Spain & Italy have banned cycling.

https://www.brujulabike.com/italy-prohibits-bike-riding-coronavirus/

The thought is to reduce the potential of getting hurt for doing something recreational and taking away from the 1st responders & medical support (hospital, docs, etc) from dealing with patients fighting the COVID-19.

I am still planning on riding as it brings me a great mental/emotional escape from the world for a couple hours but will be riding to not crash.

Will you keep riding too?  Change your riding style and such?

Cheers, Mike

March 16, 2020, 7:29 a.m.

Quick stats with links to graphs.  The "update" data (new cases, new deaths, etc.) is refreshed at different times of the day for the various countries in the list.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

March 16, 2020, 9:14 a.m.

Posted by: Mbcracken

So, here is something interesting...Spain & Italy have banned cycling.

https://www.brujulabike.com/italy-prohibits-bike-riding-coronavirus/

The thought is to reduce the potential of getting hurt for doing something recreational and taking away from the 1st responders & medical support (hospital, docs, etc) from dealing with patients fighting the COVID-19.

I am still planning on riding as it brings me a great mental/emotional escape from the world for a couple hours but will be riding to not crash.

Will you keep riding too?  Change your riding style and such?

Cheers, Mike

Was thinking this on Saturday, but in respects to sliding down a mountain. 

I'm definitely going to bubble-wrap myself wherever possible.

March 16, 2020, 9:22 a.m.

Well, it feels pretty real now. Our office has gone to a skeleton crew so there will only be 2 or 3 people there at any given time and in 3 separate parts of the building. I am working from home today and in the office tomorrow. We are locking the doors and people will need to arrange meetings or pickups.

If they say don't ride I won't, but I will until then. Especially with this weather. I think the last thing we need right now is people questioning the measures we are taking. That is how this all falls apart.

Trudeau has a big announcement at 10 apparently and it's supposed to be big.

The CDC has now strongly recommended canceling all gatherings of over 50 people.

Last edited by: chupacabra on March 16, 2020, 9:45 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 16, 2020, 10:55 a.m.

Really cool simulators. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/corona-simulator/

March 16, 2020, 12:25 p.m.

closed down then rapha clubhouse today, no more work for the foreseeable future. feels strange. there were still a lot of people in the city today. from wednesday on only necessary stores are allowed to open, will see if that’s enough or we also get a curfew here.