wtf is the deal?

Dec. 26, 2002, 10:26 p.m.

K before I even start I wanna say i dont wana turn this into an argument, or a discussion. I just want a simple question asnwered. I dont give 2 shits what you have to tell me about marijauna being bad for you.

I have heard numerous times "smoking a joint is equally as harmful as smoking 10 cigarettes." Now I have two questions…

1. Where is this "fact" coming from from?
2. Is this true, is it infact a "fact"?

Now im not saying its not harmful, i just want to know if this is true and the sources of this rumour.

Thanks
Kyle

"If you're one of those riders who can come up with a list of tricks to learn and then tick them off like a checklist, good for you. But this one goes out to all of us sketchy, "hang-on" riders who get it done one step at a time. We may not be the ones getting the sponsors and video parts, but we sure are having fun"

Dec. 26, 2002, 10:30 p.m.

go smoke out of a bong. look at how shitty the water becomes.
If you can't figure out that any kind of smoke is bad for your lungs, then I feel sorry for you.

Cookies on the other hand…

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Dec. 26, 2002, 10:35 p.m.

MJ smoke has more tar than cigarette smoke, but less of other chemicals such as arsenic and cyanide.

All smoke is very harmful though, from any substance.

Dec. 26, 2002, 10:40 p.m.

mmm… cookies :)

Dec. 26, 2002, 10:43 p.m.

17) Isn't smoking marijuana worse for you than smoking cigarettes?
There are many reasons why it is not. You may have heard that `one joint is equal to ten cigarrettes'' but this is exagerrated and misleading. Marijuana does contain more tar than tobacco - but low tar cigarettes cause just as much cancer, so what is that supposed to mean? Scientists have shown that smoking any plant is bad for your lungs, because it increases the number oflesions' in your small airways. This usually does not threaten your life, but there is a chance it will lead to infections. Marijuana users who are worried about this can find less harmful ways of taking marijuana like eating or vaporizing. (Be careful - marijuana is safe to eat - but tobacco is not, you might overdose!) Marijuana does not seem to cause cancer the way tobacco does, though.

Here is a list of interesting facts about marijuana smoking and tobacco smoking:

• Marijuana smokers generally don't chain smoke, and so they smoke less. (Marijuana is not physically addictive like tobacco.) The more potent marijuana is, the less a smoker will use at a time.
  • Tobacco contains nicotine, and marijuana doesn't. Nicotine may harden the arteries and may be responsible for much of the heart disease caused by tobacco. New research has found that it may also cause a lot of the cancer in tobacco smokers and people who live or work where tobacco is smoked. This is because it breaks down into a cancer causing chemical called `N Nitrosamine' when it is burned (and maybe even while it is inside the body as well.)
  • Marijuana contains THC. THC is a bronchial dilator, which means it works like a cough drop and opens up your lungs, which aids clearance of smoke and dirt. Nicotine does just the opposite; it makes your lungs bunch up and makes it harder to cough anything up.
  • There are benefits from marijuana (besides bronchial dilation) that you don't get from tobacco. Mainly, marijuana makes you relax, which improves your health and well-being.
  • Scientists do not really know what it is that causes malignant lung cancer in tobacco. Many think it may be a substance known as Lead 210. Of course, there are many other theories as to what does cause cancer, but if this is true, it is easy to see why NO CASE OF LUNG CANCER RESULTING FROM MARIJUANA USE ALONE HAS EVER BEEN DOCUMENTED, because tobacco contains much more of this substance than marijuana.
  • Marijuana laws make it harder to use marijuana without damaging your body. Water-pipes are illegal in many states. Filtered cigarettes, vaporizers, and inhalers have to be mass produced, which is hard to arrange `underground.' People don't eat marijuana often because you need more to get as high that way, and it isn't cheap or easy to get (which is the reason why some people will stoop to smoking leaves.) This may sound funny to you - but the more legal marijuana gets, the safer it is.

It is pretty obvious to users that marijuana prohibition laws are not ``for their own good.'' In addition to the above, legal marijuana would be clean and free from adulturants. Some people add other drugs to marijuana before they sell it. Some people spray room freshener on it or soak in in chemicals like formaldehyde! A lot of the marijuana is grown outdoors, where it may be sprayed with pesticides or contaminated with dangerous fungi. If the government really cared about our health, they would form an agency which would make sure only quality marijuana was sold. This would be cheaper than keeping it illegal, and it would keep people from getting hurt and going to the emergency room.

Dec. 26, 2002, 10:46 p.m.

The point is, Grimace, is that smoking pot isn't doing you any favours. while it may not be as bad for you, it's still quite bad for you. You can copy and paste all you want, the end result will still be the same to your body.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Dec. 26, 2002, 10:47 p.m.

Smoke is bad. Doesn't matter where it comes from.

Dec. 26, 2002, 10:50 p.m.

i dont get cigs they dont get you ripped, all they give you is a nasty hack

Dec. 26, 2002, 10:51 p.m.

so if pot is decrim'd, will there be commercial places producing it? what is to stop them from adding nicotine into pot?

Dec. 26, 2002, 10:57 p.m.

I realize that any smoke inhaled in the lungs bad!!! I just wanted clarification as to whether this rumour ive been hearing was true or not. I just cant understand justifying a bit more tar being worse than all those fucking cancer causing chemicals and shit. Cigs are gross IMO… harmful or not bud imo is a lot safer to be smoking.

Eating it.. god id love to be able to do that on a regular basis, good luck on my parents letting me.

"If you're one of those riders who can come up with a list of tricks to learn and then tick them off like a checklist, good for you. But this one goes out to all of us sketchy, "hang-on" riders who get it done one step at a time. We may not be the ones getting the sponsors and video parts, but we sure are having fun"

Dec. 26, 2002, 10:59 p.m.

Originally posted by SyC cHyLd

Eating it.. god id love to be able to do that on a regular basis, good luck on my parents letting me. **

Maybe it's time for a powerpoint presentation:)

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Dec. 26, 2002, 11:14 p.m.

Yup, weed really isn't healthy. Sure, it's less killer than cigarettes, but it's still less healthy than not smoking it.

http://www.cyberetrothreads.com

ya fuck you windows. fuck you too door.

Dec. 26, 2002, 11:45 p.m.

Originally posted by Keefer
Yup, weed really isn't healthy. Sure, it's less killer than cigarettes, but it's still less healthy than not smoking it.

see see.. u agree:D lots of others agree.. im still unclear where this rumor of 1joint=10 cigs. who the fuck made this shit up?

Dec. 27, 2002, 12:19 a.m.

Whoa grimace did you go to Weed University?

Dec. 27, 2002, 1 a.m.

Originally posted by wheeler
Whoa grimace did you go to Weed University?

:lol:…Weed Academy

Weed just has more tar than cigs but none of the wierd cancer chemicals like fermaldahyde and stuff like that….I don't know which is better……I'd say just don't touch either

MSN me at: [email protected]
www.bigringbikes.cjb.net
www.cyberetrothreads.com