would i be over reacting.....

March 1, 2007, 4:34 p.m.

I'll ask again, what breed of dog was it

next time, try the crocadile dundee trick with it, where he hipnotizes the thing by wobbling one hand at it

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

March 1, 2007, 6:50 p.m.

my friend has a dog. he loves the dog to death. and has done his absolute best to train it. but it's a * up dog. he does all he can to make sure the dog doesn't hurt anyone. he loves that dog. But the dog was raised by some ass holes for the first years of it's life and it's prone to lashing out at anyone it doesn't know making any kind of move. It's a big * dog too. Half Black Lab half German Shepard.

It is a handsome stoic dog, but it'll kill you.

anyway. to make the point… some dogs are really * up. but they are still dogs and still loved by their owners and shit happens. Car accidents happen. Broken arms happen. Sometimes, believe it or not, * up dogs get away from their owner.

I am not sure of the exact scenario, but it sounds like you were being a pretty solid asshole. As if the owner is not aware of whats going on.

Be angry. Exude intelligence. State facts. I know she **** up… make that clear to her… but don't cry like a baby and threaten to kill the dog with your yuppie ass golf club. that does nothign but make you look dumb and anger her. that's my two cents.

Edited by mod for language

March 1, 2007, 7:22 p.m.

rather break the owners kneecap.

March 2, 2007, 11:25 a.m.

my friend has a dog. he loves the dog to death. and has done his absolute best to train it. but it's a * up dog. he does all he can to make sure the dog doesn't hurt anyone. he loves that dog. But the dog was raised by some ass holes for the first years of it's life and it's prone to lashing out at anyone it doesn't know making any kind of move. It's a big * dog too. Half Black Lab half German Shepard.

It is a handsome stoic dog, but it'll kill you.

anyway. to make the point… some dogs are really * up. but they are still dogs and still loved by their owners and shit happens. Car accidents happen. Broken arms happen. Sometimes, believe it or not, * up dogs get away from their owner.

I am not sure of the exact scenario, but it sounds like you were being a pretty solid asshole. As if the owner is not aware of whats going on.

Be angry. Exude intelligence. State facts. I know she **** up… make that clear to her… but don't cry like a baby and threaten to kill the dog with your yuppie ass golf club. that does nothign but make you look dumb and anger her. that's my two cents.

so I take it you support rehabilitation over the death penalty?

I'm all for rehabilitating humans but **** up dogs need to die IMO. A dogs life is not worth the safety of others.

Oh and BTW the lady told me it had been mere months since her dogs last attacked a cyclist and she had them both, off-leash 50 ft away from one of vancouvers busiest bike routes….if that isn't reckless, inconsiderate behaviour I don't know what is.

Some dog owners often remind me of self righteous cigarette smokers who just expect everyone to put up with their shit. It's like their love for their dog and their belief that their dog has the right(and not the privilege) to run free trumps others right to not be bitten.

edited by mod for language

www.natooke.com

March 2, 2007, 11:26 a.m.

I'll ask again, what breed of dog was it

I adressed this question already…… look back a few pages….

www.natooke.com

March 2, 2007, 11:34 a.m.

I got a buddy who was into rescueing ****up dogs

her 1st dog BOO was afraid of its shadow but the second one she rescued was bad to the bone

she got her nose baddly ripped by the bad one ,fortunatley the surgeon put it all back togetehr and it looks ok but it sure looked BAD 1 week after.But errin did learn her lesson , had the dog put down and said "I'm glad it was me instead of some little kid"

Dogs have to live by our rules of be put down IMO

nobody likes it but thats the reality

edited by mod for language

March 2, 2007, 11:38 a.m.

I like puppiemutts, but any dog that bites me gets a beating. I've kicked them before, and will again the next time one runs at me while pedalling.
If one actually broke my skin and made me bleed, it's carcass would be flung into the nearest Korean restaurant.

My old neighbor's dog attacked my sister and ripped up her face a bit, on our property. Neighbors sent it off to a friends house before I got home, because they knew I'd be after it with a shotgun. Cops eventually got to it before I did…
Any animal that attacks a human needlessly should be put down, period.

The best things in life all start with the letter B
Hooray for: Bacon, Bikeys, Boobies, Boards, and Beer!

March 2, 2007, 11:47 a.m.

oh. i get it.

March 2, 2007, 8:57 p.m.

my dog thinks that he's saving people when theyre biking or doing some activity thats not on their feet by pulling them off. Once your off he'll be all happy and want you to pet him. It's really annoying, but I havent figured out how to get him to stop.

March 2, 2007, 10:21 p.m.

i got bitten by some guys dog, he just stood there lookin like he had downs syndrome. Pissed me of highly. Thinkin back, I should have called him and his dog on it.

March 3, 2007, 9:06 a.m.

Given this tidbit of information she is well aware of how her dogs react to cyclists. If I were in your shoes I would have been equally upset. If she can't control her dogs it is her responsibility to not let them off the leash. It's too bad you didn't get to inflict a little damage on the owner.

oh and I asked the lady if her dogs had attacked cyclists before and she said "not for a few months now…"

March 3, 2007, 2:51 p.m.

Bukkake, always remember that a 9 iron can make quite the divot, even in animal flesh. :nerd:

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells