Worlds Perception of Vancouver.

June 16, 2011, 7:20 a.m.

Still not relevent to the op though is it!

OP asks if this has lowered the worlds opinion of vancouver, I come on FROM THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD and state it has and all i get is flamming and abuse with very little intelligent argument and the classic 'TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE' childish argument!

Apologies. We're all a little shell-shocked and sensitive this morning - and we were last night as well.

Part of the shock relates to how surprised everyone is. I did not think this would happen at all. I figured our city had grown up since 1994 - in fact I was convinced we had. I never would have bet on this outcome no matter what the odds.

Vancouver has - and remains - an amazing place to live. We also share the zone with some despicable, childish morons it turns out.

June 16, 2011, 7:27 a.m.

Heard 2 people died or something

Ha Ha! Made you look.

June 16, 2011, 7:32 a.m.

It's okay if people's opinions have been lowered.

It's when you said you were reconsidering moving to van because of it that made you sound like a prick. Despite the riot Vancouver is still a very safe city when compared to…well any of yours.

Well i never meant to make it sound like i was being judgmental, Its not me who's been put off! My Gf however isn't 100% convinced in the first place of the move and she is the sort of person who this news will scare.

I agree that vancouver is safer than the UK completely! The UK has an appauling number of little S**ts who cause no end of danger to people trying to go about their lives! If anyone has seen 'ATTACK OF THE BLOCK' at the cinema it is not an exageration and the rough ends of the uk are easily as bad as that! I live in a fairly bad area at the moment and its one of the reasons to get the hell out…. That and the awesome biking and climbing in your neck of the woods that we just can't compete with!

June 16, 2011, 7:33 a.m.

Apologies. We're all a little shell-shocked and sensitive this morning - and we were last night as well.

Vancouver has - and remains - an amazing place to live. We also share the zone with some despicable, childish morons it turns out.

Thats quite alright… And i'm sure we have more childish morons than you by quite some way!

June 16, 2011, 7:42 a.m.

Just cus someone wants to see the commotion doesnt mean they wanna cause more. Go fuck yourself. Sister and her friends got pepper sprayed for wanting to see what was going on.

It is 90% the fault of people 'just wanting to see what was going on'

It made the cops lives harder , more dangerous and gave the asshole rioters an audience

It is one thing to be there but once the riot act was playing over loud speakers and cars were on fire… Sticking around is dangerous and stupid (and really selfish)

this space is intentionally blank, other than this note about it being blank.

June 16, 2011, 7:53 a.m.

Just cus someone wants to see the commotion doesnt mean they wanna cause more. Go fuck yourself. Sister and her friends got pepper sprayed for wanting to see what was going on.

go home and watch it on the news - sorry but no sale - hope she learns from this…

Play : Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com

June 16, 2011, 7:59 a.m.

its ok hatchleader, its safe again now, buildings are still shiny, mountains are still green and skies are still blue… and its still better than anywhere in the uk.

June 16, 2011, 8 a.m.

Part of the shock relates to how surprised everyone is. I did not think this would happen at all. I figured our city had grown up since 1994 - in fact I was convinced we had. I never would have bet on this outcome no matter what the odds.

agreed - think some parents need to have their heads knocked - wtf did you think your kids were doing 3 or 4 hours after the game ended…

June 16, 2011, 8:07 a.m.

Forget what the world thinks; I am ashamed and very disappointed.

I thought there would be trouble because we do have an element of young shitheads who have no understanding of the word "respect". A bunch of urban American wanna-be hoodlums that are nothing more than cowards.

I also thought the city would have ramped up for this possibility, and am extremely disappointed with the lack of security.

If serious penalties/charges are not laid down, and if heads don't roll with the planners, this type of incident will happen again.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

June 16, 2011, 8:28 a.m.

On better thoughts, hope this will scare away mainlanders from buying our properties.

So funny cus I've been thinking the same thing. It's the only bright side I can see to this disgrace

June 16, 2011, 8:35 a.m.

I thought there would be trouble because we do have an element of young shitheads who have no understanding of the word "respect". A bunch of urban American wanna-be hoodlums that are nothing more than cowards.

well said

June 16, 2011, 8:44 a.m.

Well i never meant to make it sound like i was being judgmental, Its not me who's been put off! My Gf however isn't 100% convinced in the first place of the move and she is the sort of person who this news will scare.

In the city's defense - I heard on CBC radio this morning that there are tons of people just showing up on the streets with garbage bags cleaning up the mess in their city.
Warms the heart to hear the real people of the city care.

viperfunk.com

June 16, 2011, 8:45 a.m.

Why don't you look at your own country before you get on a high horse about how bad we are. It was an isolated incident.

But please, please change your mind. We have ever so few immigrants. Vancouver is turning into a poor, downshodden old ghost town…really it is. The city needs your judgemental presence here oh so badly….

I'm with Hatchleader, although I do believe his reaction is too much. Whenever anyone thinks of football and England, they think of riots and hooliganism, although the occurrence of it is also rare and represents a really small minority of fans. The world will be looking at Vancouver and hockey fans and making the same conclusions that we do about footie fans.
It's all media sensationalism really. If there was a parade and everyone was good, do you really think that global news would be reporting what a lovely place Vancouver is? Of course not.

June 16, 2011, 8:49 a.m.

Heard 2 people died or something

I think you might have heard wrong. Amazing that nobody did.

ski faster, I hear banjo music

June 16, 2011, 9:58 a.m.

In the city's defense - I heard on CBC radio this morning that there are tons of people just showing up on the streets with garbage bags cleaning up the mess in their city.
Warms the heart to hear the real people of the city care.

this!