Worlds Perception of Vancouver.

June 16, 2011, 6:01 a.m.

really?

because something happened 2 times in the 41 years of a sporting franchise? That's a pretty ridiculous thing to say and unless you were in the downtown core last night right after the game, you would be pretty much unaffected by it all.

Your city had a riot mate! A riot in a large civilized city in the west… Thats rare no matter where your from but these things happen!

Normally however they happen when people are protesting politics, or human rights! It is pretty bad to have 2 in 41 years…. because of hockey!

The fact it happened in the downtown is even worse! Thats the center of your city, its not even like this was a small riot that left a pub/bar and escalated, This was a full blown street war for several hours in a city we plan to move to!

Don't take this lightly… Its a big thing and it will reflect badly worldwide!

Edit: and its up on the BBC News website! This is now officially global news about… a Riot… In Vancouver!

June 16, 2011, 6:08 a.m.

No it wont, but we can all look forward to the government stepping in and coddling us with some new stupid laws that we probably deserve.
thanks a lot assholes.

fuck I hate people

Ha Ha! Made you look.

June 16, 2011, 6:17 a.m.

Just cus someone wants to see the commotion doesnt mean they wanna cause more. Go fuck yourself. Sister and her friends got pepper sprayed for wanting to see what was going on.

Then your sister and her friends are stupid cunts….

If there are no spectators then there are no riots.

June 16, 2011, 6:18 a.m.

Your city had a riot mate! A riot in a large civilized city in the west… Thats rare no matter where your from but these things happen!

Normally however they happen when people are protesting politics, or human rights! It is pretty bad to have 2 in 41 years…. because of hockey!

The fact it happened in the downtown is even worse! Thats the center of your city, its not even like this was a small riot that left a pub/bar and escalated, This was a full blown street war for several hours in a city we plan to move to!

Edit: and its up on the BBC News website! This is now officially global news about… a Riot… In Vancouver!

Well said…

June 16, 2011, 6:29 a.m.

wow, if I had some time I'd look up UK's glorious history, and I'm pretty sure people still go there.

in a week this will be a bad memory, and no one is changing their travel plans to Vancouver based on this incident. It's not like there is a big civil unrest in the city and this could happen at any given time.

I'm in no way saying this isn't a disgusting display of stupidity, but it's just news and there will be something new to talk about tomorrow.

June 16, 2011, 6:35 a.m.

I punched "riot" and "football" into the google machine and it didn't bring up one single hit…….cause we all know there has never been anyone upset over a football match.

does anybody have the big roll the eyes smiley?

As a Vancouverite, I think this is a massive embarassment and I must say I'm pissed of the actions of a few, but for someone on the other side of the globe to be all upset at the prosepect of coming here after a riot…..I guess I'd say don't come. Inless of course your into riots, because, like really, it's the only thing Vancouver has to offer.

June 16, 2011, 6:38 a.m.

No it wont,

I can understand where your coming from: People will forget in the long run! however at the minute its big news and it has put shadows of doubt in my mind regarding my preconceptions of the place and i imagine i'm not the only one!

Don't forget as well that vancouver has many awards for being a fantastic place to live… then people see this! People expect it to be better than 99% of cities in the world, but at the moment all they see are a bunch of knobs destroying the place and acting like drunken idiots! Doesn't do it any favours thats for damn certain!

June 16, 2011, 6:45 a.m.

I punched "riot" and "football" into the google machine and it didn't bring up one single hit…….cause we all know there has never been anyone upset over a football match.

As a Vancouverite, I think this is a massive embarassment and I must say I'm pissed of the actions of a few, but for someone on the other side of the globe to be all upset at the prosepect of coming here after a riot…..I guess I'd say don't come. Inless of course your into riots, because, like really, it's the only thing Vancouver has to offer.

WOW! Someone had their sarcasm cereal for breakfast!

Everyone knows about the huge problems with football, the old saying is that its 'thugs playing at gentlemen' and rugby is 'gentlemen playing at thugs'! No wonder they fall back to their natural element after the game!

These riots reflected badly on the UK and there is conciderable evidence to support the fact that opinions on our country dropped when these riots were reported in the foreign media!!

Does no-one see where i'm going here… Thats right to the OP! A riot in your city is never going to do anything except lower peoples opinion of the city… Surely thats obvious!

June 16, 2011, 6:49 a.m.

Don't forget as well that vancouver has many awards for being a fantastic place to live… then people see this! People expect it to be better than 99% of cities in the world, but at the moment all they see are a bunch of knobs destroying the place and acting like drunken idiots! Doesn't do it any favours thats for damn certain!

Why don't you look at your own country before you get on a high horse about how bad we are. It was an isolated incident.

But please, please change your mind. We have ever so few immigrants. Vancouver is turning into a poor, downshodden old ghost town…really it is. The city needs your judgemental presence here oh so badly….

www.natooke.com

June 16, 2011, 6:53 a.m.

Why don't you look at your own country before you get on a high horse about how bad we are

Because the OP wasn't asking for opinions on the UK?? If you want i have a ton… most are bad BTW!

June 16, 2011, 6:53 a.m.

Here it is. :rolleyes:

Oh, and this was in… the UK?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30ThJblpDLs

June 16, 2011, 6:54 a.m.

rep gun stuck, can someone please rep FO for me…

June 16, 2011, 7:02 a.m.

Here it is. :rolleyes:

Oh, and this was in… the UK?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30ThJblpDLs

Still not relevent to the op though is it!

OP asks if this has lowered the worlds opinion of vancouver, I come on FROM THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD and state it has and all i get is flamming and abuse with very little intelligent argument and the classic 'TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE' childish argument!

June 16, 2011, 7:09 a.m.

Who cares what the world thinks of us anyway ?

Maybe its just me but I really don't want more people coming here.

Victoria is a much nicer city anyway..

June 16, 2011, 7:14 a.m.

Still not relevent to the op though is it!

OP asks if this has lowered the worlds opinion of vancouver, I come on FROM THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD and state it has and all i get is flamming and abuse with very little intelligent argument and the classic 'TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE' childish argument!

It's okay if people's opinions have been lowered.

It's when you said you were reconsidering moving to van because of it that made you sound like a prick. Despite the riot Vancouver is still a very safe city when compared to…well any of yours.

www.natooke.com