Worlds Perception of Vancouver.

June 16, 2011, 12:03 a.m.

I'm just worried for my sister. The last text I got from her was…

" Im at the front of the crowed with my friends to see what happened and the police are threatening to start rubber bullets and tear gas."

I later heard from another budy the rubber bullets are happening and saw all the tear gas on the news.

Lota innocent fans are goina be hurt because of curiosity and the extremists

Let us know what happened. Hope she's OK.

You can bet no hockey fans were responsible for instigating things tonight. This was going to happen win or lose.

June 16, 2011, 12:29 a.m.

Yup…after a certain point, you're an accessory to…not a spectator. Move it or lose it.

June 16, 2011, 12:38 a.m.

Shit was going down either way, just like 94… this was predetermined.

June 16, 2011, 1:08 a.m.

Innocence ends after forty-five minutes of loitering in my books.. no fucking reason to be there now.

Just cus someone wants to see the commotion doesnt mean they wanna cause more. Go fuck yourself. Sister and her friends got pepper sprayed for wanting to see what was going on.

June 16, 2011, 1:21 a.m.

Just cus someone wants to see the commotion doesnt mean they wanna cause more. Go fuck yourself. Sister and her friends got pepper sprayed for wanting to see what was going on.

by hanging around they just add to the problem and it makes it harder for the police to control the situation.

it suks your sis got pepper sprayed but hanging around to watch the riot is absolutely fucking stupid.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

June 16, 2011, 1:25 a.m.

"Someone wantin' to see thu commosion" was a major fucking problem in the first place. If the mouth-breathing, slack-jawed yokels were able to deduce that bad shit was coming down and the end-story was clear, this would have been contained in minutes.

Instead we're here yelling at each other.

Absolutely ZERO fucking pity from me. People had over a fucking hour to get outta dodge.

June 16, 2011, 1:27 a.m.

They can watch it on youtube tomorrow.

Of course they got pepper sprayed, they got pepper sprayed because they were too dumb not to leave before the gas flew. Anyone who stuck around to gawk is just as bad as the rioters themselves.

www.natooke.com

June 16, 2011, 1:29 a.m.

lol - no love for kevin_m31's sis.

maybe you can change our minds if you post some nekked pics of her.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

June 16, 2011, 1:42 a.m.

Made online front page on Swiss news here. Apparently Norwegian news as well…

http://www.tsr.ch/
http://www.vg.no/
http://www.nrk.no/

That's embarrassing.

June 16, 2011, 1:45 a.m.

Her fault. If she felt, like she should have, she wouldn't have been in that situation. The people hanging around wanting to see whats going on where a huge part of the problem. If they were smart, they'd have left because trying to see whats happening in a riot is not a smart idea.

www.ryanrose.ca

Yeah?

June 16, 2011, 1:48 a.m.

I can assure you guys that anyone who got pepper sprayed or shot at with rubber bullets was a part of the problem. The cops were being more than fair and were only doing those things to the groups of people causing shit.

Out of all the people I witnessed damaging shit, not one person looked anything like a Canucks fan. Clearly they saw footage of the 94' riots and figured that is what they must do because they are too stupid to think otherwise.

This is the best season the canucks have ever had and it is really embarrassing to be a fan at the moment. I hoped that people would celebrate the success we have had, but instead they destroyed the city that they are cheering for.

Apparently the rapture has begun.

[HTML_REMOVED]end drunk post[HTML_REMOVED]

June 16, 2011, 2:06 a.m.

Out of all the people I witnessed damaging shit, not one person looked anything like a Canucks fan.

definitely, when I got caught up in the shitstorm near waterfront when windows were broken and shit was being stolen not a single person that was either stealing or had stolen gave a shit about the Canucks. Most of the "rioters" I saw were plain clothes people that saw this as an excuse to vandalize or steal

nobody is this dumb.

June 16, 2011, 4:42 a.m.

:uk: Englishman here about the OP!

WOW! I have dreamt of moving to the north shore for a while now but this has really put a downer on things! I just don't get it! We have massive sporting events in the UK (European cup final: Man U Lost) and we hardly ever get this sort of thing and never on this sort of scale!

I know that when i get home my Gf will have had second thoughts about moving… which will essentially mean i won't be going! Thanks alot assholes!

I know the north shore is a long way from there and that the folk seem alot more relaxed but its all 'Vancouver' in many people's eyes and you guys are gonna suffer for it! In fact the whole of BC is gonna suffer i imagine, especially with tourism being a big part of your income!

As i said before… I just don't get it!

June 16, 2011, 5:50 a.m.

:uk: Englishman here about the OP!

WOW! I have dreamt of moving to the north shore for a while now but this has really put a downer on things! I just don't get it! We have massive sporting events in the UK (European cup final: Man U Lost) and we hardly ever get this sort of thing and never on this sort of scale!

I know that when i get home my Gf will have had second thoughts about moving… which will essentially mean i won't be going! Thanks alot assholes!

I know the north shore is a long way from there and that the folk seem alot more relaxed but its all 'Vancouver' in many people's eyes and you guys are gonna suffer for it! In fact the whole of BC is gonna suffer i imagine, especially with tourism being a big part of your income!

As i said before… I just don't get it!

europeans are much more respectful when it comes to these things..

Ha Ha! Made you look.

June 16, 2011, 5:53 a.m.

really?

because something happened 2 times in the 41 years of a sporting franchise? That's a pretty ridiculous thing to say and unless you were in the downtown core last night right after the game, you would be pretty much unaffected by it all.