wiring problems.

Dec. 20, 2008, 12:58 a.m.

pretty much. That starter will have NO affects on how your truck runs, you could run it without a starter and you wouldnt notice any difference. The grinding is most likely the gear on your starter motor not returning fast enough or something is sticking. If its running bad after you fucked with your suspension, then you fucked with your motor as well. Body lifts suck, only do suspension lift :) Id say just throw some 30s on it, and do a nice job of cutting your fenders and you'll be golden. Reason i say that is because if you where looking to do anything really crazy offroad, you would have bought a different truck. To just get out there, i say 30s and cut the fenders.

Dec. 22, 2008, 12:53 a.m.

pretty much. That starter will have NO affects on how your truck runs, you could run it without a starter and you wouldnt notice any difference. The grinding is most likely the gear on your starter motor not returning fast enough or something is sticking. If its running bad after you fucked with your suspension, then you fucked with your motor as well. Body lifts suck, only do suspension lift :) Id say just throw some 30s on it, and do a nice job of cutting your fenders and you'll be golden. Reason i say that is because if you where looking to do anything really crazy offroad, you would have bought a different truck. To just get out there, i say 30s and cut the fenders.

i know some where i can buy some used tires… i like 30s and 31s. not that big of a difference though. I don't think i will need to trim my finders, but yeah it should be easy if i need to.

I can't seem to find Isuzu suspension lifts for my truck. google comes blank for me. I know someone who is willing to put it in for me if i buy the stuff. I heard i can add an extra leaf spring, not sure if thats true.

Would i have drive shaft issues or anything with a suspension lift? im trying to keep it relatively low cost, once im working again i can put more money into my truck.

Im not sure what you consider crazy off roading… I just wanna be able to get to places that I need to on my bike. Im considering maybe 1 or 2 inch wheel spacers as well, Opinions on that? i know a wider base + mud gets slung everywhere, and maybe better turning with bigger tires?

other then that heres an update on my situation:
It took me 45 minuets to bolt the new starter in, due to my bad wrist, but its it. I need to grab a wire connection loop thing (forgot real name) the little things that crimp onto a wire so it can be put on a bolt.

and I pulled out my carpet, it the original with some "new" stuff on top. It was pretty dirty. specially the carpet backing. so its bare metal with some of that sound proofing stuff right now. Im gonna sand it down tomorrow morning. Later tomorrow afternoon ill sell the both starts to O'Reilys. yeah 2 of 'em, the bunk one thats stock, and the one that works, but doesn't fit that I got from Discount Pick and Pull. they will buy them for $15 each.

Anyone heard of herculiner? Its a paint on bed liner… the sample on the side of the box looks good. its $7 for a can.
looks like this:

heres the finished product.

It is the moments in between disaster that we must find joy and meaning to life.

I can mud bog farther, its s chevy

Dec. 22, 2008, 1:03 a.m.

i got bored, so i was searching through this one for some entertainment.

I kinda skimmed through most but my head is starting to hurt.

Do yourself a favor and scrap the truck. It's going to go soon and you can't afford it.

oh hai!

Dec. 22, 2008, 2:01 a.m.

yea its old and busted… but its all i got. seriously think i would keep this if i could do better?

It is the moments in between disaster that we must find joy and meaning to life.

Dec. 22, 2008, 8:27 a.m.

I can't seem to find Isuzu suspension lifts for my truck. google comes blank for me.

Im considering maybe 1 or 2 inch wheel spacers as well, Opinions on that?

http://www.pureisuzu.com/pickup.htm Lots of suspension options if your pockets are deep.

As for wheel spacers a lot of people bad mouth them. I have two 1 1/4" spacers on the front of my f150 to keep the tires off the suspension. I beat the hell out of that truck and never had a problem. So as long as you buy good one's and make damn sure they are tight you should be fine.
Check out the Spidertrax wheel spacers.

Hug a logger, you'll never go back to trees

Dec. 22, 2008, 11:36 a.m.

www.independent4x.com for all your Isuzu needs. This business is the only Isuzu fab shop that carries a full line of isuzu stuff, and they're happy to build custom stuff if you need it.

Your pup only needs longer shackles and a T-bar crank for the cheapest lift possible. Over 2" you're looking into addressing other stuff.

Herculiner is a good product. It doesn't fade over time, applies nicely with a brush and is less expensive than the POR15 stuff. Ebay has a bunch of different size containers up for grabs.

Dec. 22, 2008, 4:03 p.m.

ok the starer is in.. and the starter it self works, but the rest of the truck magically broke, haha. but seriously, after we jumped it it ran ok. but i turned on the blinker and it died, lol it didnt do that before the original starter died… so we jumped it again and drove it around, not using the blinkers, lol. revved it up in the drive way, sounded good, revved higher and black and clear (water?) came out the muffler. cranked it up one more time and when i revved it the egine just died, almost like i turned the key….

anyone know about the blinker thing, and the other problems?

Dec. 22, 2008, 4:47 p.m.

Maybe check ALL your fuses, then check for sparks in the ignition?

your coils are probably fucked by now.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

oh hai!

Dec. 22, 2008, 5:29 p.m.

problem is it is an izuzu

that is the most reatrded thing ever even a retarded would say thats retarded

Dec. 22, 2008, 9:29 p.m.

problem is it is an izuzu

Enlighten me on your vehicle.

Dec. 22, 2008, 11:35 p.m.

User error.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Dec. 23, 2008, 1:54 a.m.

no you failed because you managed to open a calculator to do the stupid calculation to prove that PB is wrong, when I can clearly just look at his numbers and it's wrong. i just threw a 40 in case his tank is bigger than other people's "6 dollars for half a tank" tanks. Nice edit too BTW.

gtfo
__

Dec. 23, 2008, 5:29 a.m.

I have auto tech 1st and 2nd period.

I love this thread.

It gives me hope for the future and comfort in the fact that our kids are getting the best education possible and will be able to succeed in life and support us in our golden years.

Pastor of Muppets

Dec. 23, 2008, 7:22 p.m.

wal mart exchanged the battery, and gave me the one that their books said I needed, its bigger. It starts and the blinkers don't kill the engine any more, weird. But im not complaining. It still "stutters" or "bucks" when i pull past 1/2 throttle in 1st and 2nd gear, don't know why. any thoughts on that?

P.S. I put down a first coat of bed liner in the cab, looks good so far, I will post pictures if yall wanna see the end result.

Dec. 23, 2008, 11 p.m.

fuel filter, and try cleaning the MAF sensor.