wiring problems.

Dec. 7, 2008, 6:33 p.m.

So I'm going to be lifting my truck within the month, and I was wondering if anyone knows about wiring or any other problems associated with a 2 inch body lift?

Btw, not sure what the gas is up there, but I got half a tank for $6.

It is the moments in between disaster that we must find joy and meaning to life.

I can mud bog farther, its s chevy

Dec. 7, 2008, 6:54 p.m.

FAIL.

You must be crappy at imperial measurements too b/c 6 bux for a half tank means you have a 40L ish tank.

Either that or your gas prices owns ours.

Why would you have wiring issues when your BODY is lifted as a whole? Maybe extend brake lines?

lifting your ghetto truck would be equally gay as lowering a civic. Actually you know what, just lift the fuck out of it, take it big!

oh hai!

Dec. 7, 2008, 6:56 p.m.

Here we go again.

orders keg

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Dec. 7, 2008, 7:01 p.m.

So I'm going to be lifting my truck within the month, and I was wondering if anyone knows about wiring or any other problems associated with a 2 inch body lift?

are those metric dollars?

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Dec. 7, 2008, 7:07 p.m.

From now on every time you post I will be referring to my post on your don't judge thread.

You're a dumbass and not for just this post but for every one in this thread.
:fruit:

How the hell did you get a half a tank for $6? Gas is still $1.89/gallon here in Vermont which is a little higher but there is no way that Texas is under a dollar. Do you have a 4 gallon tank?

We need a bullshit flag smilie here.

Dec. 7, 2008, 7:16 p.m.

Lots of problems with a body lift. But anyways, have a good look and anything that is attached from the frame to the body will need to be extended, moved or at least watched when you lift it.

Hug a logger, you'll never go back to trees

Dec. 7, 2008, 7:24 p.m.

From now on every time you post I will be referring to my post on your don't judge thread.

How the hell did you get a half a tank for $6? Gas is still $1.89/gallon here in Vermont which is a little higher but there is no way that Texas is under a dollar. Do you have a 4 gallon tank?

We need a bullshit flag smilie here.

$1.89/gallon… $6 for half a gallon…

That's 6.34 gallons by my count…

FAIL.

You must be crappy at imperial measurements too b/c 6 bux for a half tank means you have a 40L ish tank.

Either that or your gas prices owns ours.

Why would you have wiring issues when your BODY is lifted as a whole? Maybe extend brake lines?

lifting your ghetto truck would be equally gay as lowering a civic. Actually you know what, just lift the fuck out of it, take it big!

Fail? How does $6 = 40 Litre tank?

At least if you're going to trash him, don't make yourself look like an idiot.

Dec. 7, 2008, 8:28 p.m.

$1.89/gallon… $6 for half a gallon…

That's 6.34 gallons by my count…

At $1.89 a gallon, $6 would give you 3.17 gallons of gas. He stated that he paid $6 for half a tank meaning that his car/truck has a 6.34 gallon tank with those numbers.
Lowest price in TX is $1.34 so $6 would give you 4.47 gallons of gas. That's an 8.94 gallon tank. I still an waving the bullshit flag until someone corrects my shitty math.

How the hell did you come up with 6.34 gallons of gas at $1.89 a gallon with him paying $6? Unless you meant that he had a 6.34 gallon tank?
My 4 gallon tank line above was just a thrown out number for BS sake.

Dec. 7, 2008, 10:48 p.m.

I filled up for 1.41/gallon. I might have a problem with my gauge, because I was working inside my truck, and wanted the heat on, so it was idling for like… 1 hour, and I lost about a 1/4 tank.

I think my tank is hella small. Maybe a 10gal tank? Cause i was right above "E", put $6 in it, and was barely under 1/2.

It is the moments in between disaster that we must find joy and meaning to life.

Dec. 7, 2008, 10:56 p.m.

Unless your wanting to run new tires I wouldn't install a body lift if you don't have to. It will give you a couple more inches of bumper clearance but that's it. That being said I just installed one on mine to get my tires to stop rubbing and it has help up good and I have been happy with it. Check a forum on your truck and buy the kit made for yours because it will come with all the extensions that you will need.

About a week before your going to install hit all the nuts and bolts with a healthy dose of PB Blaster. And continue to do so every day. at some point before you install it remove every frame bolt you can and install the new bolts then switch them back to the originals. This will let you know whats going to be a pain in the ass when you install. And it will also save a bunch of time when you do install it.

Dec. 7, 2008, 10:59 p.m.

Unless your wanting to run new tires I wouldn't install a body lift if you don't have to. It will give you a couple more inches of bumper clearance but that's it. That being said I just installed one on mine to get my tires to stop rubbing and it has help up good and I have been happy with it. Check a forum on your truck and buy the kit made for yours because it will come with all the extensions that you will need.

About a week before your going to install hit all the nuts and bolts with a healthy dose of PB Blaster. And continue to do so every day. at some point before you install it remove every frame bolt you can and install the new bolts then switch them back to the originals. This will let you know whats going to be a pain in the ass when you install. And it will also save a bunch of time when you do install it.

The minimum size i want is 28's, but 33's or 31's are what im really aiming for. I'm no poser, Im going to actually put my truck through the shit.

Dec. 7, 2008, 11:11 p.m.

At $1.89 a gallon, $6 would give you 3.17 gallons of gas. He stated that he paid $6 for half a tank meaning that his car/truck has a 6.34 gallon tank with those numbers.
Lowest price in TX is $1.34 so $6 would give you 4.47 gallons of gas. That's an 8.94 gallon tank. I still an waving the bullshit flag until someone corrects my shitty math.

How the hell did you come up with 6.34 gallons of gas at $1.89 a gallon with him paying $6? Unless you meant that he had a 6.34 gallon tank?
My 4 gallon tank line above was just a thrown out number for BS sake.

Your genius math just proved how I came up with 6.34 gallons…

Why would I be talking about how many gallons of gas he got when the rest of you are talking about his tank size?

f a i l .

Anyways, BS indeed.

Dec. 7, 2008, 11:25 p.m.

The minimum size i want is 28's, but 33's or 31's are what im really aiming for. I'm no poser, Im going to actually put my truck through the shit.

I dont know what truck you have so I have no idea on tire clearances issues you may run into. Find a 4wheel forum for your truck a ton more good info than you will find here. If you want to run 33's find out what lift it will take to run them and go from there. Tires cost a lot so you will be better off IMO going with the 33's and running whatever lift you need if your actually going to be driving it.

Dec. 8, 2008, 12:15 a.m.

you idled for an hour
nice

Dec. 8, 2008, 12:54 a.m.

Go with 31s. You shitty chevy front axles are already going to be under enough strain.

And for the gas thing, its probably a 60L tank. Which would get him over a quarter tank and his his gauge is out or its parked on a hill, it could look like half. Meh.

Wiring, dont worry about it. There should be enough slack even in your brakelines to do a 4-6" body lift without major issues.

4x4 mantra : As low as possible, as high as necessary. Get your tires first and see if they fit without the body lift. You might just need to baha your fenders a little or smash some fender wells a bit.