Wiper blades, what are you running?

March 8, 2014, 10:29 p.m.

I used rain-x fluid and then added rain-x wiper blades, they work great but I am sure any new blades will work. If you do buy the rain-x blades throw away the cleaning cloth that comes with them. I know a few people how have used the cleaning cloth on their windsheilds, after about 6 months it creates a very bad glare that is impossible to get rid of. This is well documented if you google rain-x wiper blades.

total scam. he put food before beer.

March 8, 2014, 11:12 p.m.

On Hondas and Acuras my experience is stick with the stock wipers and replace the thin rubber pieces only, cheap from the dealer. The stock wipers are low profile and less susceptible to wind and are good quality steel. Replacement blades, where you throw away the entire stock wiper, are usually cheap plastic with weak springs and don't work as well as stock.

And, those stock wipers are quite expensive… Why throw them away when you can simply replace the rubber strips?

Other car brands, probably the same story depending on the design of the stock wipers.

March 9, 2014, 12:52 a.m.

I do believe at Zed's recommendation I'm using Bosch somethings. Had them on my civic and with the rainX on the windshield, they performed quite well. I bought a set for my speed6 and even with a cracked windshield for 2 years now, they still perform admirably with little streaking.

I do believe they're not cheap, in the 20-25 range each but i've had no issues and they clip on easier than most.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

March 9, 2014, 5:26 p.m.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/bosch-evolution-wiper-blade-0219000p.html#.Ux0GTIUknIU

I use those springy single blade bracket less wipers from canuck tire and what I do is if the L and R wipers are the same length I change one blade only at a time, I put the new blade on the drivers side, swap the old driver side blade to the passenger side and thro that old passenger side blade away

this way the driver gets newer blades more often for less$

March 10, 2014, 9:14 a.m.

So nobody is rocking these anymore?

I like the idea of just replacing them regularly because the good ones don't seem to last long and the cheap ones seem to work good for a while.

March 10, 2014, 5:50 p.m.

Bosch Icon, or the PIAA ones