Wikileaks freaks.....

Sept. 28, 2020, 2:31 p.m.

Let's get one thing straight right off the bat.  Assange was never a journalist.  I still think he should be protected by the law, but what he did wasn't journalism, and the way he time released it, especially in 2016, lacked any kind of sense that he was objective.  

The MSM is being far too quiet about this trial, I agree with that, but is that because people don't give 2 shits about Assange or because of a conspiracy?  Maybe a bit of both.  Assange helped to elect Trump so he pissed off a lot of the people that would normally stand up for him.  The only ones that still love him are people like you that think all his Russian connections and the timing of his releases to harm the Clinton campaign are coincidences.

Sept. 28, 2020, 6:31 p.m.

https://consortiumnews.com/2020/09/28/letter-from-london-the-surreal-us-case-against-assange/

Last edited by: tungsten on Sept. 28, 2020, 10:17 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Dec. 1, 2020, 12:17 a.m.

https://video.emergeheart.info/videos/watch/f2467447-f5a8-45c9-8d08-804d6a2d4747

https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/11/30/the-planet-cannot-heal-until-we-rip-the-mask-off-the-wests-war-machine/

Last edited by: tungsten on Dec. 1, 2020, 12:20 a.m., edited 2 times in total.
Dec. 2, 2020, 12:52 p.m.

I am not a fan of Assange and it was clear he aided Trump in 2016, but I can't see how there is a case against him.  He is not really a journalist, but Wikileaks is a publication and somehow he has been placed in the role that Chelsea Manning is already paying the price for.  I think the US will find a way to put him in jail, but this case just highlights once again how important it is to define journalism so that it can be protected and so that we can fight fake news.  

Should there be some kind of association that regulates journalism similar to the bar for the legal profession?  It could qualify journalists, be used to protect it's members from censorship and it could be used to maintain a code of conduct that would forbid the promotion of provable lies?  There will always be editorialists that have their own agenda, but promoting non-truths even after knowing they are not true ought to be a disqualification from calling yourself a journalist.  In this most basic form, Assange is a journalist.  He took info from a source and published it.  For example, how hard would it be to prove that there is no evidence of widespread voter fraud.  If you continue to say this you should no longer be a journalist.  

Thoughts?

Dec. 2, 2020, 5:34 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

I am not a fan of Assange and it was clear he aided Trump in 2016,

Thoughts?

Teh kool-aid is oozing outta' yer eye-sockets! ffs....lol....

https://youtu.be/tLJj_L56-YA

But in this case, what is so appalling is that–and I want you to discuss the range of your book. Because you know, people are dismissing Julian Assange, or are hostile to him–as many democratic politicians, they call–can’t call him a traitor, since he’s not an American citizen. But they were really hostile because he inconvenienced or harmed Hillary Clinton’s campaign for president. Which, after all, has never been the standard of judging the value of journalism. I mean, Daniel Ellsberg harmed Richard Nixon’s reelection campaign with the revelations of the Pentagon Papers–big deal. You know, that’s not the test of journalism, whether it’s inconvenient. But the fact is–and discuss the charges against Julian Assange; they predate anything to do with telling us what was in Hillary Clinton’s speeches to Goldman Sachs and others, or what was in the Podesta files about undermining Bernie Sanders’ campaign. This all relates these charges to journalism that he did in 2010–correct me if I’m wrong. And why don’t you tell us the kind of journalism–the range, the scope, you know, of powerful people [who have] been disturbed by this, which does range from Russia to the U.S. with stops along the way in Africa and the Mideast, and actually credit for fueling the Arab Spring reprisal against Mideast dictators.

https://scheerpost.com/2020/04/01/tariq-ali-the-plot-to-discredit-and-destroy-julian-assange/

Last edited by: tungsten on Dec. 2, 2020, 5:50 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
Dec. 3, 2020, 2:20 p.m.

Why do you care if I like him or not?  I agree with you and the gentlemen in the video that he didn't commit a crime and should be free.  Unless there is anything to the sexual assault charges, I can't see that he did anything wrong.

Assange made himself a tool of Russian propaganda.  I don't care that he hurt Hillary Clinton, I care that he allowed himself and his podium to be used for political reasons and for revenge.  We know he was in direct communication with Roger Stone.  Did Ellsberg time the release of the Pentagon papers with the Democrats for maximum political impact?  Is that the test of journalism?  

The fact they I dislike him yet I still support him legally should be enough for you to understand that I don't drink the Kool Aid.  You can't say the same.  You defended fucking Khaddaffi FFS just because Amerika bad.

Jan. 25, 2021, 9:29 p.m.

https://youtu.be/ENbtRucfuE0

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Jan. 25, 2021, 9:37 p.m.

You defended fucking Khaddaffi FFS just because Amerika bad.

No, I defended Gathafi because Libya good and Gathafi the patsy.

Jan. 26, 2021, 11:11 a.m.

Gaddafi had the balls to stand up to the Americans, that's why the CIA had him killed.

Jan. 26, 2021, 2:10 p.m.

He was a serial rapist that had a streamlined system where young girls were pulled from schools, tested for STDs, then sent to his rape room so he could repeatedly rape them and then leave them to die on the street.

He would have his rivals killed and then he kept their bodies in a freezer so he could check in on them once in a while.

But I am sure in other ways he was a great guy.  /s

Jan. 26, 2021, 5:29 p.m.

The CIA did basically the same thing with Allende in Chile, Noriega (ex-CIA collaborator) in Panama & Mosaddegh in Iran. The list goes on. Not to say these guys are all model citizens. Just that the USA always portrays themselves as doing the right thing.

Jan. 26, 2021, 7:22 p.m.

He was a serial rapist that had a streamlined system where young girls were pulled from schools, tested for STDs, then sent to his rape room so he could repeatedly rape them and then leave them to die on the street.

He would have his rivals killed and then he kept their bodies in a freezer so he could check in on them once in a while.

But I am sure in other ways he was a great guy.  /s

keep guzzling teh kool aid bub. ffs sakes you're a frothing adherent of teh pizzagate pedo saga too aren't you.

Jan. 28, 2021, 12:29 p.m.

Posted by: tungsten

But I am sure in other ways he was a great guy. /s

keep guzzling teh kool aid bub. ffs sakes you're a frothing adherent of teh pizzagate pedo saga too aren't you.

This was from victim and witness testimony so you are free to believe all of these people (mainly women) are liars if you want, but it is a bit ironic to accuse me of acting like a Qanon nut while you are dismissing multiple rape allegations against a powerful authoritarian. He even had his own all female guard (which he raped of course). You have to admit, it is pretty odd for women to come forward and tell their stories about him raping them in a country wear being a rape victim often means more abuse and scorn by even your family.

But I am drinking the Kool Aid?

Last edited by: chupacabra on Jan. 28, 2021, 12:30 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Jan. 28, 2021, 1:43 p.m.

When I googled that there were many stories about his behaviour  from different angles and many different sources. I’d say there has to be some truth to it. Where there’s smoke there’s fire. You know that Tung.

June 29, 2021, 2:52 p.m.

A major witness in the United States’ Department of Justice case against Julian Assange has admitted to fabricating key accusations in the indictment against the Wikileaks founder. The witness, who has a documented history with sociopathy and has received several convictions for sexual abuse of minors and wide-ranging financial fraud, made the admission in a newly published interview in Stundin where he also confessed to having continued his crime spree whilst working with the Department of Justice and FBI and receiving a promise of immunity from prosecution.

https://stundin.is/grein/13627/

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.