Wikileaks freaks.....

Nov. 26, 2018, 2:26 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=208&v=_hyZktgMp4Q

Nov. 27, 2018, 2:06 p.m.

I am not saying he should be prosecuted, but when you lay down with Putin the dog you get up with Russian fleas.  :)

April 11, 2019, 12:17 p.m.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1116291566690238466

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/the-martyrdom-of-julian-assange/

Last edited by: tungsten on April 11, 2019, 1:18 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
April 12, 2019, 8:53 a.m.

You all know I think Assange has been a Russian stooge for some time now, but I still think his US extradition is BS since it is based on him stealing secrets which those that did the actual stealing deny (not too mention the many praises from the President), but this is not the beginning of anything as Hedges would have us believe.  I can't imagine Assange would have different fate 25 or 50 years ago. He pissed in a lot of different country's cornflakes including Ecuador's.  

I guess now we find out if his dead man's switch was bullshit or not.

April 12, 2019, 12:06 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

but this is not the beginning of anything

sure....

David McCraw, lead lawyer of the New York Times, wrote: “I think the prosecution [of Assange] would be a very, very bad precedent for publishers … from everything I know, he’s sort of in a classic publisher’s position and the law would have a very hard time distinguishing between the New York Times and WilLeaks.”

+ Ben Wizner, ACLU: “Any prosecution by the United States of Mr. Assange for Wikileaks’ publishing operations would be unprecedented and unconstitutional, and would open the door to criminal investigations of other news organizations. Moreover, prosecuting a foreign publisher for violating U.S. secrecy laws would set an especially dangerous precedent for U.S. journalists, who routinely violate foreign secrecy laws to deliver information vital to the public’s interest.”

+ The Washington Post, circa 2011: “A conviction would also cause collateral damage to American media freedoms. It is difficult to distinguish Assange or WikiLeaks from The Washington Post.”

Last edited by: tungsten on April 12, 2019, 12:08 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
April 12, 2019, 1:04 p.m.

A conviction for publishing state secrets would be the start of something, but that is not the case the Americans are pushing and he hasn't even been extradited yet, nevermind convicted of publishing state secrets.  Don't assume you know how this will end.  Sweden is going to open his rape case again as well so maybe he will have to face that music.

April 12, 2019, 1:05 p.m.

You all know I think Assange has been a Russian stooge for some time now, but I still think his US extradition is BS since it is based on him stealing secrets which those that did the actual stealing deny (not too mention the many praises from the President), but this is not the beginning of anything as Hedges would have us believe.  I can't imagine Assange would have different fate 25 or 50 years ago. He pissed in a lot of different country's cornflakes including Ecuador's.  

I guess now we find out if his dead man's switch was bullshit or not.

Why do you think he was a Russian stooge?

April 12, 2019, 1:40 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

A combination of things I guess.  The main one being that he was the only conduit for the Russian hacked DNC/Podesta emails to see the light of day and he released them for maximum HRC political damage.  He also had a gig for RT for a while, which is suspicious at the very least. Then there was the Russian plot to free him from the Ecuadorian embassy.  He was also obviously talking to Corsi.   There was the time Ecuador wanted to send him to Russia as a diplomat.

He was rotting in that embassy and a perfect target if you wanted to make a deal.  It is like with the Trump posse.  There is just too much Russia to be coincidence.

April 12, 2019, 2:45 p.m.

A combination of things I guess.  The main one being that he was the only conduit for the Russian hacked DNC/Podesta emails to see the light of day and he released them for maximum HRC political damage.  He also had a gig for RT for a while, which is suspicious at the very least. Then there was the Russian plot to free him from the Ecuadorian embassy.  He was also obviously talking to Corsi.   There was the time Ecuador wanted to send him to Russia as a diplomat.

He was rotting in that embassy and a perfect target if you wanted to make a deal.  It is like with the Trump posse.  There is just too much Russia to be coincidence.

How did you come by this information?

April 12, 2019, 8:42 p.m.

How did you come by this information?

WaPo, probably....lol

+ The Washington Post, 2019: “Julian Assange is not a free-press hero. And he is long overdue for personal accountability.”

April 12, 2019, 9:04 p.m.

Sweden is going to open his rape case again as well so maybe he will have to face that music.

Rape......

One of the messages makes clear that one of the women did not want any charges brought against Assange, “but the police were keen on getting a hold on him”. She was “shocked” when they arrested him because she only “wanted him to take [an HIV] test.” She “did not want to accuse JA of anything” and “it was the police who made up the charges.” (In a witness statement, she is quoted as saying that she had been “railroaded by police and others around her”.)

Neither woman claimed she had been raped. Indeed, both have denied they were raped and one of them has since tweeted, “I have not been raped.” That they were manipulated by police and their wishes ignored is evident – whatever their lawyers might say now. Certainly, they are victims of a saga which blights the reputation of Sweden itself. 

For Assange, his only trial has been trial by media. On Aug. 20, 2010, the Swedish police opened a “rape investigation” and immediately – and unlawfully – told the Stockholm tabloids that there was a warrant for Assange’s arrest for the “rape of two women.” This was the news that went round the world. 

In Washington, a smiling U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates told reporters that the arrest “sounds like good news to me.” Twitter accounts associated with the Pentagon described Assange as a “rapist” and a “fugitive.” 

Less than 24 hours later, the Stockholm Chief Prosecutor, Eva Finne, took over the investigation. She wasted no time in cancelling the arrest warrant, saying, “I don’t believe there is any reason to suspect that he has committed rape.” Four days later, she dismissed the rape investigation altogether, saying, “There is no suspicion of any crime whatsoever.” The file was closed.

https://consortiumnews.com/2015/07/31/kafka-like-persecution-of-julian-assange/

https://www.thenation.com/article/julian-assange-justice-foreclosed/

April 14, 2019, 3:11 a.m.

What if he's supposed to go to court for the purpose of discovery pertaining to other cases?

April 14, 2019, 9:39 p.m.

he released them for maximum HRC political damage. He also had a gig for RT for a while, which is suspicious at the very least.

https://medium.com/s/oversight/former-new-york-times-chief-lawyer-rally-to-support-julian-assange-even-if-you-hate-him-639b2d89dd92

What about the argument that Assange “hates” the U.S. and was trying to inflict damage in publishing information, essentially targeting his state of mind? Are there dangers to figuring out a state of mind with regards to legality and publishing? -----

Generally speaking, a journalist’s state of mind is totally irrelevant for deciding whether such journalists have protection under First Amendment. A journalist publishes what he or she publishes, and they should be judged on what they publish rather than what they think. If, in fact, we end up with a system where we’re looking at the journalist’s state of mind, that is a huge incursion upon the First Amendment.

A journalist, or anybody else, should be free to think about what they want to think about — it’s his or her private business, no one should be judged criminally by inner thoughts, only by what they publish.

Last edited by: tungsten on April 14, 2019, 9:41 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
April 14, 2019, 9:46 p.m.

The U.S. magically erases Ecuador’s financial troubles, ordering the IMF to release a providential $4.2-billion loan. Immediately after, Ecuadorian diplomats “invite” the London Metropolitan Police to come inside their embassy to arrest their long-term guest.

https://consortiumnews.com/2019/04/13/the-assange-arrest-you-have-the-right-to-remain-silent/

April 16, 2019, 3:58 p.m.

“You can think about censorship as a pyramid. This pyramid only has its tip sticking out of the sand and that is by intention. The tip is public libel suits, murders of journalists, cameras being snatched by the military and so on, publicly declared censorship. But that is the smallest component. Under the tip, the next layer is all those people who don’t want to be at the tip, who engage in self-censorship, to not end up there.”

“The next layer is all the forms of economic inducement or patronage, inducement that are given to people to write about one thing or another. The next layer down is raw economy, what it is economic to write about even if you don’t include the economic factors from higher up on the pyramid. The next layer is the prejudice of readers, who only have a certain amount of education so therefore on one hand they’re easy to manipulate with false information and on the other hand, you can’t tell them something sophisticated that is true. The last layer is distribution; for example some people just don’t have access to information in a particular language. So that is the censorship pyramid—what The Guardian is doing with its Cablegate redactions is the second layer.” - Julian Assange

https://www.democracynow.org/2019/4/12/chomsky_arrest_of_assange_is_scandalous

Last edited by: tungsten on April 16, 2019, 4:27 p.m., edited 2 times in total.