Wikileaks freaks.....

Aug. 20, 2012, 11:48 a.m.

You do realize that the alleged "sexual assault" is based on a bizarre Swedish law where it was consensual and the woman "changed her mind" after the fact?

Not even remotely true. I suggest you read up on this.
The woman agreed to sex on the condition he wore a condom. He refused and still took the sex. It is alleged that force was used. The other woman alleges that he had sex with her whilst she slept. I make no judgement on wether he did these acts or not but if you feel that these allegations aren't serious or due to bizarre Swedish law then your moral compass is completely fucked. These allegations are in fact worse than those levelled at mike Tyson. Swedish law states that they can only question him in Sweden. As the allegations are so serious, he should go to Sweden.
I completely disagree with him being dragged to the US but he has absconded from police bail and has to cooperate with the police in the same way we all must.

Aug. 20, 2012, 12:07 p.m.

Not even remotely true. I suggest you read up on this.
The woman agreed to sex on the condition he wore a condom. He refused and still took the sex. It is alleged that force was used. The other woman alleges that he had sex with her whilst she slept. I make no judgement on wether he did these acts or not but if you feel that these allegations aren't serious or due to bizarre Swedish law then your moral compass is completely fucked. These allegations are in fact worse than those levelled at mike Tyson. Swedish law states that they can only question him in Sweden. As the allegations are so serious, he should go to Sweden.
I completely disagree with him being dragged to the US but he has absconded from police bail and has to cooperate with the police in the same way we all must.

You forgot the part about how the two women didn't have any complaints to lodge until after they met each other and realized he was screwing them both in the same time period. Hmmmm … so everything was copacetic before that?? Sounds like two angry women dreamed up a way to get even. He's guilty of two-timing but there is no evidence of anything beyond that. Maybe that's why, in August 2010, the Swedish arrest warrant was cancelled with the accompanying statement the charges were "without basis"?

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Aug. 20, 2012, 12:14 p.m.

Here you go
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11949341
11 days later the case is reopened. We don't know why, could be evidence, whatever.
The point is there are serious allegations made against him, regardless of what anyone suspects (this is all anyone is doing as nobody knows what happened) he needs to answer to the authorities.

Aug. 20, 2012, 12:50 p.m.

11 days later the case is reopened. We don't know why, could be evidence, whatever.

Maybe something to do with the Swedish prosecutor, Marianne Ny, whose own motives in this case have been called into question??

What has been intriguing me more is the behavior of the Sweden’s director of public prosecutions, Marianne Ny. The available information on her charges and actions against Julian Assange, the founder and head of Wikileaks, indicates that she is driven more by the politics than any respect for the law. Assange’s current lawyer compares her to role of the infamous Beria in Stalins 1930?s show trials – and from what I can see I’d have to agree. Similarly I fail to see why Interpol is involved for such a minor charge

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Aug. 20, 2012, 1:05 p.m.

It would be far easier for the US to extradite him from here (UK) than Sweden due to the ridiculous one-sided extradition agreement we have (which needs to be binned ASAP).
….

No, you're wrong. The standard for extradition in Britain is much more robust than in Sweden. This whole imbroglio was cooked up just to get him to Sweden where extradition would be swift.

The fascists in govt. there salivate at the thought of nuzzling uncle sam's foul ass crack.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Aug. 20, 2012, 1:12 p.m.

Respectfully, I'm not wrong about that.
The US and the UK have a special agreement which goes beyond the standard EU extradition process. It's horribly weighted in favour of the US and has made front page news here because of this. There have been some well publicised extraditions including one for copyright infringements (!)
Oh, and Sweden is well known as being a very liberal country, perhaps the most liberal in Europe.

Aug. 20, 2012, 1:28 p.m.

Respectfully, I'm not wrong about that.
The US and the UK have a special agreement which goes beyond the standard EU extradition process. It's horribly weighted in favour of the US and has made front page news here because of this. There have been some well publicised extraditions including one for copyright infringements (!)

The UK can not extradite Assange to the US for an alledged crime in Sweden.

Oh, and Sweden is well known as being a very liberal country, perhaps the most liberal in Europe.

Yes yes I know. Sweden is all commie blonde people gang fucking nude in public saunas right?

Well they been electing very right wing governments of late.

The Xenophobia Contagion

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Aug. 20, 2012, 1:41 p.m.

The UK can not extradite Assange to the US for an alledged crime in Sweden

Lol. Nobody could extradite assange to the us for a crime committed in Sweden. Or anywhere else! We don't know if the US have a crime to charge him with, I'm guessing they've made some shit up though.
Assange has jumped police bail here in the uk though, so he will be arrested.could the us could start extradition proceedings from there? I don't know.
Edit; here's a link from a very well known left wing British Magazine
http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/david-allen-green/2012/08/legal-myths-about-assange-extradition
It's well worth a read and will dismiss a load of misunderstanding about the facts.

Aug. 23, 2012, 9:33 p.m.

Assange to stay in Ecuadorean embassy for 'centuries'….

Aug. 23, 2012, 11 p.m.

Part of me says, "Good for them". Then the cynic in me says they're doing this for more chips at the table.

Aug. 24, 2012, 12:52 a.m.

This is pretty hilarious. It's like something from a film. The 3rd world south american country pretty clearly telling the US, UK and Sweden to fuck right off. You have to admire their courage and let's be honest, they're not actually doing anybody any harm. The US will fuck them somehow but I do love the defiant attitude.

Aug. 24, 2012, 3:42 a.m.

Good thing Bush isn't in power - the Fifth Fleet would have already be mobilized.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Sept. 24, 2012, 12:50 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yta55u2zP2U

Sept. 29, 2016, 12:32 a.m.

Nov. 5, 2016, 1:46 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sbT3_9dJY4