Wikileaks freaks.....

Aug. 18, 2012, 9:11 p.m.

Aside from Farmer's idiotic prose regarding this matter…

Ya, to the OP - this is ridiculous. The covert actions and plans that we've had to endure, whether knowingly or in ignorance, need to be brought to light. People aren't supposed to be sheep - most of us do want to know wtf is happening whether or not the truth is hurtful or the like. I've been onboard to counter-culture thinking for almost 2 decades, doing my own reading, my own research, and wondering why all the 'stuff' I was getting access to, wasn't entirely blown wide open for the public to consume.

Granted, people sometimes like ignorance, but I'm not one of them. The sooner the injustices, the lies, the umbrella of government and financial high level corruption are brought to light - the better. I know the "administration" may eventually fold and "allow transparency through audit" of whatever nature; bodies and organizations hired from within to give the guise that "something right is being done". And inevitably, it won't result in anything but more smoke and mirrors. But if the initial news can just plant ONE seed into the minds of the more intellectual or free-thinking people to seek more or always question the given, the better. And please note my use of the term "news" has little if anything to do with your typical broadcast bullshit syndicated entities.

Assange is a crusader*. And unfortunately, he'll more than likely treated like one once they get their hands on him. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Dirty

[EDIT: * Crusader: The rebellious, anti-authority, cool type of crusader; not to be confused with the evil religious or government sponsored crusader]

"I'm addicted to surfing."

Aug. 18, 2012, 10:27 p.m.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Meet Barack Obama

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Aug. 19, 2012, 12:02 a.m.

Meet Barack Obama

LOL two party system….

iforonewelcome.com

Aug. 19, 2012, 8:36 a.m.

Meet Barack Obama

Somebody should start teaching journalism classes based on that website. The integrity is unbelievable.

Aug. 19, 2012, 8:54 a.m.

LOL two party system….

Not much worse than what we have here in Canada. It sucks down south because you really
can't have another point of view than the two. And when you do (ala Nader) you skew the
results of one of the parties or another (why Bush was elected in the first place).

I see this here, where the system is so convoluted and you really only have one form of
conservatism here and all the others are just different flavors of left/moderates. So, when
you choose anything other than conservative you spread the vote and you're left with a
conservative government. So unless you have the one of the other parties so overwhelmingly
voted for, you will have essentially a conservative system. Which, didn't matter 20 yeas
ago, but with the USA style of right invading the conservative government it's going to
suck just as bad up here real soon as much as it does down south.

Maybe if we were to vote in a multi tiered system where you voted for your 1st, 2nd and
third choices and the results were multi tiered until a voter majority was achieved then
the multi-party system would be better.

I'm not so sure that the leader of the nation should be chosen by the government instead
of the people either.

But, it's all what you're used to and grew up with I guess. What makes the USA system
bad is the electoral college and that with all it's "pro democracy" rhetoric, it is in
the end a republic, not a democracy.

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

Aug. 19, 2012, 12:26 p.m.

. And when you do (ala Nader) you skew the
results of one of the parties or another (why Bush was elected in the first place). .

No, please…… Still Smearing Ralph Nader for 2000

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Aug. 19, 2012, 12:29 p.m.

"On Wednesday night, after a threat was sent to this embassy, the police descended on this building. You came out in the middle of the night to watch over it, and you brought the world's eyes with you.

Inside this embassy in the dark, I could hear teams of police swarming up inside the building through its internal fire escape.

But I knew there would be witnesses, and that is because of you.

If the UK did not throw away the Vienna Conventions the other night, it is because the world was watching. And the world was watching because you were watching.

So the next time that somebody tells you that it is pointless to defend those rights that we hold dear, remind them of your vigil in the dark before the embassy of Ecuador. Remind them how, in the morning, the sun came up on a different world, and a courageous Latin American nation took a stand for justice.

There is unity in the oppression. There must be absolute unity and determination in the response."

- Julian Assange

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/blog/2012/aug/19/julian-assange-statement-ecuadorean-embassy-live

Aug. 19, 2012, 1:46 p.m.

he is either a troll or a sheeple of the tenth degree; ignore this ignoramus.

I'm leaning towards the first, although I do believe that there are some thing that the POTUS, DOD, etc have the right to know that the general population doesn't.

I am impressed at how well I played that one though.

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

Aug. 20, 2012, 2:56 a.m.

Proving once again that Britain is America's bitch.

Not exactly news, is it? We've not had a govt with the balls to the the US to get fucked for far too long.
Saying that, this guy needs to answer rape charges in the same way that anyone else would. It would be far easier for the US to extradite him from here (UK) than Sweden due to the ridiculous one-sided extradition agreement we have (which needs to be binned ASAP).
I don't care what happens to him personally. He can't be surprised about all this can he? If you poke the bear and all that……

Aug. 20, 2012, 6:58 a.m.

Saying that, this guy needs to answer rape charges in the same way that anyone else would. It would be far easier for the US to extradite him from here (UK) than Sweden due to the ridiculous one-sided extradition agreement we have (which needs to be binned ASAP).

For the thousandth time: There are no rape charges!!! He has never been charged with any crime!!!

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Aug. 20, 2012, 9:16 a.m.

OK OK poor wording but he is wanted for questioning for allegations of sexual assault.

Aug. 20, 2012, 9:25 a.m.

You do realize that the alleged "sexual assault" is based on a bizarre Swedish law where it was consensual and the woman "changed her mind" after the fact?

Aug. 20, 2012, 9:54 a.m.

OK OK poor wording but he is wanted for questioning for allegations of sexual assault.

And he has indicated quite clearly that he is more than willing to have a conversation with any representative of the Swedish gov't or police force who comes to visit him in the UK.

Why does a person need to be extradited for questioning about unproven allegations, esp if that person is willing to have a conversation at any time? Has the Swedish justice system forgotten about telephones?

And this:

You do realize that the alleged "sexual assault" is based on a bizarre Swedish law where it was consensual and the woman "changed her mind" after the fact?

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Aug. 20, 2012, 10:05 a.m.

And he has indicated quite clearly that he is more than willing to have a conversation with any representative of the Swedish gov't or police force who comes to visit him in the UK.

Why does a person need to be extradited for questioning about unproven allegations, esp if that person is willing to have a conversation at any time? Has the Swedish justice system forgotten about telephones?

Kn.

For once I agree with you KenN. It doesn't sit well with me how this case is being handled. I guess the governments don't like it when their hands are caught in the cookie jar.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
— Sigmund Freud

:canada: :usa:

Aug. 20, 2012, 11:42 a.m.

For the thousandth time: There are no rape charges!!! He has never been charged with any crime!!!

Kn.

I still can't hear you. Sound off like you've gotta pair.

;)

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/