Why is buying cars in the US so cheap?

April 16, 2007, 11:03 p.m.

When my bro purchased his h2 from the states he saved 15 grand.

He still wasted all that money on a stupid version of a tahoe…

Play : Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com

April 16, 2007, 11:04 p.m.

He still wasted all that money on a stupid version of a tahoe…

nah his h2 is cool, 23 inch rims, chrome everything, he even put an intake and exhaust on it. I think it looks cool.

April 16, 2007, 11:17 p.m.

When my bro purchased his h2 from the states he saved 15 grand.

I hope he spent the 15G on making his johnson bigger..

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

April 16, 2007, 11:22 p.m.

I hope he spent the 15G on making his johnson bigger..

nah he did spend 15 dollars on buying a hat that says "I have a small penis"

April 16, 2007, 11:29 p.m.

nah his h2 is cool, 23 inch rims, chrome everything, he even put an intake and exhaust on it. I think it looks cool.

:lol:

Sober

April 17, 2007, 12:07 a.m.

Hate on what you want, But I think the h2 is awesome.

April 17, 2007, 12:31 a.m.

http://www.fuh2.com/

:canada:

April 17, 2007, 12:52 a.m.

The H2 is a tax loophole. Under the current tax laws, business owners can deduct nearly half the cost of their H2s. If you are in the highest tax bracket, that's a tax savings of nearly $10,000! The government rewards you more savings for buying an H2 than you'd get for buying an electric car.

energy use in the us right now = coal

charging up an electric vehicle = coal

The H2 is a death machine. You'd better hope that you don't collide with an H2 in your economy car. You can kiss your ass goodbye thanks to the H2's massive weight and raised bumpers. Too bad you couldn't afford an urban assault vehicle of your own. Or could you…?

safer in an h2

The H2 is a polluter. Based on G.M.'s optimistic claim that it gets13 mpg, an H2 will produce 3.4 metric tons of carbon emissions in a typical year, nearly double that of G.M.'s Chevrolet Malibu sedan.

refer to my first one

I am in no way defending h2's but h2's which are realitevly new burn cleaner than say a 20 year old diesel merc or a rusted out tercel.

April 17, 2007, 12:57 a.m.

yes, but don't forget the economy of scale

intelligent designer jeans
cornichons > dills

April 17, 2007, 1:19 a.m.

safer in an h2

refer to my first one

I am in no way defending h2's but h2's which are realitevly new burn cleaner than say a 20 year old diesel merc or a rusted out tercel.

The electric car is still more efficient, even when the the base source of the electricity is considered.

They may burn cleaner, but producing slightly lower emissions per L while consuming 2-3X as many L's is still bad.

This space intentionally left blank.

April 17, 2007, 1:21 a.m.

The electric car is still more efficient, even when the the base source of the electricity is considered.

They may burn cleaner, but producing slightly lower emissions per L while consuming 2-3X as many L's is still bad.

noone who owns a hummer drives a hummer as a means of getting to and from work. It's a pleasure vehicle.

I don't understand why h2's get such a bad rep but some other cars that get similar mileages (alot of exotics and sport cars come to mind) but are viewed as "cool"

April 17, 2007, 1:37 a.m.

I don't understand why h2's get such a bad rep but some other cars that get similar mileages (alot of exotics and sport cars come to mind) but are viewed as "cool"

I had a response longer response but accidently closed the window, anyways to address this point:

As with many things perception is more important than truth. That and the fact that people like simple black and white solutions and easy scapegoats.

H2 driver=bad guy
Prius driver=good guy

SUV that gets 20 mpg=environmental terrorist
Minivan that gets 20 mpg=no problem

like travelling?
like eating meat?
like eating imported food?
like buying imported goods?

Well then you can't really avoid hypocrisy in condeming gas guzzlers.

April 17, 2007, 1:41 a.m.

I had a response longer response but accidently closed the window, anyways to address this point:

As with many things perception is more important than truth. That and the fact that people like simple black and white solutions and easy scapegoats.

H2 driver=bad guy
Prius driver=good guy

SUV that gets 20 mpg=environmental terrorist
Minivan that gets 20 mpg=no problem

like travelling?
like eating meat?
like eating imported food?
like buying imported goods?

Well then you can't really avoid hypocrisy in condeming gas guzzlers.

Hypocrisy is one way to look at it, but justifying a gas guzzler with the fact that you're raping the world in other ways is its own evil.

This space intentionally left blank.

April 17, 2007, 1:45 a.m.

Hypocrisy is one way to look at it, but justifying a gas guzzler with the fact that you're raping the world in other ways is its own evil.

QFT

April 17, 2007, 2 a.m.

I'm not, in the scope of this argument, supporting gas guzzlers what I'm saying is that they are too easy a scapegoat.

What I'm saying is that in the scheme of saving the world buying a NEW CAR (hybrid or slightly more efficient in general) is possibly the least effective way to make any difference.

Changing your lifestyle is, but that ultimately requires more effort than just buying something.

Edit: Basically, I'm NOT trying to say that owning a gas guzzler is OK because you do all those other things. Instead what I'm saying is that you should be evaluating the other choices in your life BEFORE you worry about what kind of car you're driving, or more importantly what kind of car someone else is driving.