why get drunk, stoned, high etc?

March 18, 2006, 11:23 p.m.

a'right, I smoke weed everyday, 'cause I like to be stoned, stuff is extra funny, entertaining, tasty, etc.
I drink cause I like the taste of beer, or when I drink rum and coke, it's cause
I like the taste, and shit's extra funny, entertaining, etc.
I drink coffee cause I like the taste.
I pop pills cause it's fun to be high as fuck and you can work alot of shit out.
I eat shrooms cause I like to hallucinate and explore my mind.
I drop cid cause I like to hallucinate.
I eat MDMA cause it's fun to be high as fuck and you can work alot of shit out, and it's a cleaner drug than E.
I eat 2CB cause it's acid without the mind fuck.
I don't tell other people that they should do it cause I believe it's your choice.
I live a good life, I work 50+ hours everyweek, I have a clean appartment, a bike, good friends, drug free and otherwise. I eat well, I enjoy my life, I have a girlfriend who loves me.
I've been drug free for months at a time, and I will be again, i haven't done anything other than smokin weed for a couple months now, and have no desire to do it again, right now, though I probably will again.

any other questions about my lifestyle?

Good for you. Ive done most of the stuff that you mentioned there, plus some more. Just not a lifestyle worth living for me.

Some may say im bs'ing, but im not when I say after a really good workout the after effects are greater then any drug. The pump, adreniline(sp?) so much better for me. If i need a 'get away' then maybe a solo backpacking trip is in order. Ive realized I dont need shit to be something im not. Ive researched the shit out of most drugs and know the effects and the side effects (which i admit for the most part are small for most drugs) and to me its just not worth the money, wasted hours and in many times feeling like shit the day after.

Not to mention I cant stand the lifestyle of most moderate drug users. Drugs, shit food, little motivation to do stuff (this was me). Not to mention the numbers of people just doing this shit to fit in. Nothing pisses me off more.

March 18, 2006, 11:29 p.m.

shrug Well we all had fun.

Yes, it takes a toll on/damages the body. But so does falling off a bike and cutting/bruising yourself up. Both cost money, both are a fair time investment, both are things you do with friends. How are they different?

Biking = excercize, adreniline rush, and your right possiblle cuts bruises even death i suppose.

Drinking = get fat, lower testosterone for 3 days after just having a few, little rush, can act like an idiot and can severly ruin your life by addiction or decisions while drinking.

How you compare them is beyond me .glib. and I usually agree with most of the stuff you post on here.

And again I have no problem what so ever with going out and having a few drinks on occasion, it can be a great time! but everything in moderation.

I think many of my views have changed since living in recidence as there are actually alcoholics that are afraid to admit their problems that live with me. I can see their life going down the shitter. But they dont care because they are loaded.

March 18, 2006, 11:59 p.m.

A bit of booze is really nice on a friday dude. The last things I want to be thinking of on a weekend are linear algebra and physics and generally alcohol will keep any of that from entering my mind in that given period. It's kinda nice not to have to worry about it, that stuff gives you nightmares.

son?? your 15, you should just be glad ross isnt gay

March 19, 2006, 1:40 a.m.

From what I know of up here, the preps (probally the category I'm in) isn't the huge drug crowd. It's pretty much everyone else such as the middle kids, the whores, the 'gangsters', even the computer geeks get 'super drunk' all the time apparently. Instead of drugs, the Hicks just drink until they pass out, end up in hospital, roll their trucks, etc.

It is sick really, I'm actually quite proud to say that never once in my life have I tried, or had the urge to try, any kind of drug. Only at like weddings or other main events will I have a little to drink, and never have I gone past my limit. Say what you want, the money that would be wasted on drugs/alcohol goes to other stuff like my bike or truck. And if you say that drinking or doing drugs is done to have fun, well I'm pretty damn sure the money I use on my bike instead also ends up with a ton of fun, so really, what are the advantages of stuff like that?

you are such a loser, grow some balls and try life please

March 19, 2006, 2 a.m.

From what I know of up here, the preps (probally the category I'm in) isn't the huge drug crowd. It's pretty much everyone else such as the middle kids, the whores, the 'gangsters', even the computer geeks get 'super drunk' all the time apparently. Instead of drugs, the Hicks just drink until they pass out, end up in hospital, roll their trucks, etc.

It is sick really, I'm actually quite proud to say that never once in my life have I tried, or had the urge to try, any kind of drug. Only at like weddings or other main events will I have a little to drink, and never have I gone past my limit. Say what you want, the money that would be wasted on drugs/alcohol goes to other stuff like my bike or truck. And if you say that drinking or doing drugs is done to have fun, well I'm pretty damn sure the money I use on my bike instead also ends up with a ton of fun, so really, what are the advantages of stuff like that?

can i borrow a sweater vest? or maybe a collared shirt with the collar pre-poped?

March 19, 2006, 5:12 a.m.

Its weird i've never taken drugs i[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;ve never got hammered or even slightly tipsy I am seventeen and everyone I know was shocked when I told them drugs and excessive alcohol are a complete waste of money and money in which I could spend on other interest such as my bike. I[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;m not saying drinking[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;s bad but I hat it when people say "oh I just spent [HTML_REMOVED]#163;90 on alcohol and got completely hammered it was great" No its not you wake up with a terrible hangover and no recollection of the night before and you[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;ve just wasted a load of money what[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;s so good about that. And drugs well that[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;s pure stupidity sorry bit it is.

March 19, 2006, 6:08 a.m.

drugs are good mmm'kay.

everything in moderation …

psychedlic class drugs mmmmmm

March 19, 2006, 7:14 a.m.

I haven't read the whole thread so if someone has already posted this point, I apologize:

So, why the heck would people spend thousands of dollars for the purpose of putting their bodies in uneccesary danger while pointing their multi-thousand dollar machines downhill.

I mean these guys are crazy. These bikes are not even serving as transportation going from point A to B. There are even lifts designed to that these people can increase their likelyhood of injury by going even faster and more often. On the top of that, these wackos not only go downhill, but they put these silly obsticles on the trail that throws them even higher in the air, again, increasing their likelyhood of messing themselves up even more.

Some might argue that it feels good, but if you already feel good in life, why the hell would you expose yourself to this unnecessary dangerous nonsense….

… I don't get it.

Pedro

PS: Mountain Biking = a drug of choice.

Pedro does bring up some good points, but being only one R off of Pedo …. discounts much of that

"ANYONE can have the American dream…but not EVERYONE can have the American dream"

"Looking for a fight, look a gypsy in the eye…"

March 19, 2006, 10:16 a.m.

Ohmigod. I agree with Pedro.

This space intentionally left blank.

March 19, 2006, 11:07 a.m.

Extremly well said Pedro. But id prefer to invest thousands into something materialistic than something which doesnt last very long and makes you very ill.

March 19, 2006, 11:18 a.m.

i do drugs and drink because i bow to peer pressure. plus cheap pizza tastes better when you are baked.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

March 19, 2006, 11:30 a.m.

cheap pizza tastes better when you are baked.

The real reason the war on drugs failed.

Ya, I sig my own quotes.

www.gnarwhale.com

March 19, 2006, 1:37 p.m.

oh, and also, I have had a hangover from only one drug other than booze, and that was Salvia, which gave me a headache for 3 days.
But as we all know, headaches don't exist, it's all in your head.
booze hangover, the only one I've ever had, also lasted 3 days, but required 23 beer in about 3 hours to achieve, then going to work for 8am the next day…ask eryn about that night, she remembers it better…

Trucks and Guns.

March 19, 2006, 3:44 p.m.

When drinking starts interfering with the things you WANT to do and the things you NEED to do in life, it's time to step in and call it quits.

For me, I know I can go out and have some beers with friends and still go to work the next day, still go for a ride the next day and still live a good life. I can afford to buy a few beers here and there, so it's alright. For some people, they don't have the restraint to say "I've had a few, it's time to go home-I need to get up in the morning" and they proceed to keep drinking, even if they have a commitment the next day such as work or whatever, or even if money is really tight.

I have wasted alot of my time and money on booze and drugs, and I'm sick of it. I like my beer, but I find my life is alot better because I know when enough is enough-wether it be for just having "one more beer" or whatever. I enjoy my wine or beer with dinner once and a while, and I'll go out for some beers with friends once and a while, but when it becomes your only weekend passtime, or even if it's something your doing semi-regularly it drags you down, alot.

Alot of it is based on "the scene" your in. People get caught up in what other people are doing; people make stupid decisions…it's sad to see. When it happens to someone especially close to you it's even worse.
When you stop drinking, stop doing drugs or what have you and you stop hanging out in "the scene", you find that most of those people who were your "friends" actually don't give two shits about you, because you were only another person to get high with or another person to drink with. it's sad but true.

March 19, 2006, 5:08 p.m.

It's to numb whatever pain you have so that for a short period of time you feel happy and enjoying life. To hide from the reality that is one's life.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/