Why Freedom Became Free-Dumb in America

Jan. 9, 2021, 9:57 a.m.

Incredible that the rioters thought there would be no arrests made after the fact.

Jan. 9, 2021, 2:02 p.m.

If he wanted 5 minutes of fame that guy sure got more than his moneys worth.

Jan. 9, 2021, 2:10 p.m.

everbody who did not mask is going to get caught

remember the stans cup riots , the first time in 94 no rioters got caught but in 2011 everybody got caught

the big difference was social media so hundreds of people taking movies and putting them on FB

the canucks still sucked so that didnt change

Jan. 9, 2021, 2:58 p.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

hundreds of people taking movies and putting themselves on FB

Fixed for today...

Jan. 11, 2021, 8:32 a.m.

remember the stans cup riots , the first time in 94 no rioters got caught but in 2011 everybody got caught

the big difference was social media so hundreds of people taking movies and putting them on FB

It didn't make any sense.  In 94 it was dark by the time the riots started and it was in a packed area so there was some anonymity for the looters and smashers to get away with their deeds.  In 2011 it was in broad daylight, it was spread out so you could easily see everyone, and cameras and were everywhere posting to social media, yet those stupid kids all went rampaging.

Jan. 11, 2021, 8:54 a.m.

I remember watching the rioters on vid but also what struck me was the people in the surrounding crowds, they all had their phone out in front of them taking vidya

so they were watching the riot on social media thru the screen on their phones instead of the actual riot

i don't think the selfie or ducklips had been invented yet in 2011

they know who some of these capitol hill rioters are and they have some on no-fly lists, fine upstanding americans with good jobs/ high positions in business with no fucking brains

Mob metality I went to one of those 1st night new years things back in the day and i didnt like it, I felt like it wouldn't take much for shit to happen

Last edited by: XXX_er on Jan. 11, 2021, 12:39 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
Jan. 11, 2021, 11:05 a.m.

what was really scary were the threats/intimidation to the news media people that were  there...  I'm surprised none of them died by the Trump baffoons.    Amazing how 1 person could f&ck a country so bad.

Jan. 11, 2021, 1:33 p.m.

Posted by: LoamtoHome

what was really scary were the threats/intimidation to the news media people that were  there...  I'm surprised none of them died by the Trump baffoons.    Amazing how 1 person could f&ck a country so bad.

More like one family and an ever changing cast of facilitators, most with their own political aspirations who would hate to lose the Retrumplican base. As far as stirring the pot went last Wednesday, I think jr’s speech played a huge role.

Jan. 11, 2021, 2 p.m.

Well to be fair, if the Canucks sucked in 11, then there were like 28 teams that sucked more.

Jan. 11, 2021, 3:08 p.m.

with or without the ducklips?

Jan. 12, 2021, 12:03 a.m.

Posted by: syncro

As an aside, IMO philosophy should be taught in high school.

Screw that - get them out/graduated by 16. Dont get me wrong, philosophy would be a great elective but I think we need to drastically overhaul some shit in the curriculim.  Or basically, have the options for students who want to work in trade's available sooner without having to drop out which would give the student's who want to pursue post sec and higher thinking the same option.

For my aside, anyone else seen enough of the results from "Career & Attitude Planning" ?

Jan. 12, 2021, 12:19 a.m.

And because it totally fits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCen-DosMjQ

Jan. 12, 2021, 6:02 a.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

Screw that - get them out/graduated by 16. Dont get me wrong, philosophy would be a great elective but I think we need to drastically overhaul some shit in the curriculim. Or basically, have the options for students who want to work in trade's available sooner without having to drop out which would give the student's who want to pursue post sec and higher thinking the same option.

For my aside, anyone else seen enough of the results from "Career & Attitude Planning" ?

Fuck that! I don’t want any sixteen year olds out on the site with me. I have enough to focus on never mind worrying about someone who can’t even grow facial hair getting squished.

Love the Metallica.

Last edited by: FLATCH on Jan. 12, 2021, 6:04 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Jan. 12, 2021, 10:39 a.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

Screw that - get them out/graduated by 16. Dont get me wrong, philosophy would be a great elective but I think we need to drastically overhaul some shit in the curriculim.  Or basically, have the options for students who want to work in trade's available sooner without having to drop out which would give the student's who want to pursue post sec and higher thinking the same option.

They should graduate at the same time, but I have long been an advocate of retooling high school to actually help the 70% that don't go to college get something more useful out of school.  There has to be more options than woodshop.

EDIT:  I haven't been to high school in a long time, maybe they do better now.

Jan. 12, 2021, 10:49 a.m.

I'm pretty sure they still  make hash pipes in HS

Most of the guys i remeber in shop were slow & pretty fuckign useless and i don't imagine that has changed