Why does Oregon have to be full of Americans.

March 22, 2013, 6:24 p.m.

So oregon experts if you were taking your family down to oregon for a week what would your itinerary look like?
I have one day of biz in portland and i could drag my clapped out 1975 tent trailer with me but i wouldnprefer not to
In was thinking of packing bikes but at most all id want to do is a couple 2 hour trail rides with the kids

Leave the trailer home, we rent a managed 2 bedroom condo on Nye Beach in Newport (dead center of the Oregon Coast). Walk out the back door to bistros and shops, out the front to the beach, watch grey whales every morning from the deck, then day trips up and down the coast, fire and bevis on the beach in the evenings when the wind dies down.. friggin paradise there

PM me if you wants details and the number book the condo, it runs about a grand a week, all in, pool and hot tub too, Just need to to stock the fridge. Well worth it.

Heres the view from the deck south:

View from the living room north:

Evening view from ground zero on the beach:

March 22, 2013, 9:40 p.m.

You can rent a whole house for 6-800 a month in town, on the water for 1000. I'm sure you can get a weekend rent for 3-400 or so

http://www.florence-oregon-rentals.com/

March 22, 2013, 11:16 p.m.

Oceanfront camping at Yachats [HTML_REMOVED] at Beachside State campground near Waldport. Very nice. If I went again, I would take motos [HTML_REMOVED]/or quads [HTML_REMOVED] camp at Jessie M. Honeyman State park campground. And also, what's with the roadside coffee shacks every 10 miles along the coast? I overdosed on chai-tea lattes.

Thread killer

March 22, 2013, 11:29 p.m.

Oceanfront camping at Yachats [HTML_REMOVED] at Beachside State campground near Waldport. Very nice. If I went again, I would take motos [HTML_REMOVED]/or quads [HTML_REMOVED] camp at Jessie M. Honeyman State park campground. And also, what's with the roadside coffee shacks every 10 miles along the coast? I overdosed on chai-tea lattes.

stayed at honeyman, I would go before may 1st. Best time of year imo

March 23, 2013, 12:18 a.m.

The espresso hut is a proud tradition.

www.vitalmtb.com

March 23, 2013, 6:01 a.m.

This.

Or push for Cascadia, but expanded to include Oilberta, so we can get royalty cheques like AK(They count for Cascadia right? Cuz if not, include them as well. That panhandle has some legit things in it)

no.

March 23, 2013, 7:31 a.m.

no.

Push that out in all directions to include AK, ID, AB, MT, WY, the dakotas, SK, NWT, northern California, northern NV, and the yukon and you would have one hell of an economic powerhouse.

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

March 23, 2013, 8:14 a.m.

I bet this thread turns into an argument or dies. It's the only way it can go.

March 23, 2013, 8:32 a.m.

Not sure if its been pointed out, but the thread title is incorrect.

I have spent enough time outside of Vancouver, west coast, and abroad to know that todays Vancouverite is one of the least friendly, sociable, people on face of the Earth.

On the flip side I find our American counter parts to be much more engaging and friendly. There exists such a thing as casual conversation among strangers, socializing is much easier.

March 23, 2013, 8:47 a.m.

Not sure if its been pointed out, but the thread title is incorrect.

I have spent enough time outside of Vancouver, west coast, and abroad to know that todays Vancouverite is one of the least friendly, sociable, people on face of the Earth.

On the flip side I find our American counter parts to be much more engaging and friendly. There exists such a thing as casual conversation among strangers, socializing is much easier.

I find Vancouver very friendly when I visit.

March 23, 2013, 9:50 a.m.

I bet this thread turns into an argument or dies. It's the only way it can go.

FUCK YOU ASSHOLE, YOU'RE WRONG!

if you had jesus in your life you wouldn't be such a horrible, horrible person.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

March 23, 2013, 10:12 a.m.

Whoa

March 23, 2013, 11:37 a.m.

I grew up in Florence and moved back up here 2 years ago… Mom still lives there so always gotta place to stay when ever I return, SCORE!!!

March 23, 2013, 1:05 p.m.

I used to make similar comments about Americans but no more! Now it's the Western Australians I look to avoid.

March 23, 2013, 1:16 p.m.

FUCK YOU ASSHOLE, YOU'RE WRONG!

if you had jesus in your life you wouldn't be such a horrible, horrible person.

I HAVE JESUS IN MY LIFE! HOW THE FUCK DO YOU THINK MY LAWN STAYS PERFECT???