Why build a pipeline? Why can't we consume our own oil?

March 3, 2012, 7:57 a.m.

Anyone here cruise in one of these yet? 160 km per charge.

Haven't driven in one but there is one I've seen around PoMo multiple times. It's actually a really nice looking car in person. You'd never know in any way it's an electric car until you notice the lack of tailpipes.

March 3, 2012, 8:35 a.m.

There are some cool plans to start stashing spent rods in those deep mtn ranges under water onthe ocean floor. Cant see any problems with that at all.
Uh oh what do you know? We live the way that wind blow….

Oct. 8, 2014, 1:35 p.m.

Old thread, but the best fit for this news story.

Keystone be darned: Canada finds a surprise route around Obama
http://www.theprovince.com/business/energy/Keystone+darned+Canada+finds+surprise+route+around+Obama/10273062/story.html

Oct. 8, 2014, 1:48 p.m.

Can't wait to see the price point Teslas. I hope they deliver.

viperfunk.com

Oct. 8, 2014, 8:01 p.m.

https://www.nwrpartnership.com/project

Oct. 8, 2014, 8:33 p.m.

Can BC be excluded from all environmental costs when spills happen or is this more of the same, "socialize the losses"?

Oct. 8, 2014, 9:28 p.m.

You know who really don't like the keystone xl project? The Koch Brothers. They have a refinery in the midwest that gets it tarsands oil cheaper than if the pipeline was there. How much money do they have to spend on anything they don't want? As much as is necessary.

Oct. 10, 2014, 10:05 a.m.

The bulk of the US's imported oil comes from us??

http://www.consumerenergyreport.com/research/crude-oil/where-the-us-gets-its-oil-from/

There is a small interesting clause in the NFTA agreement that states that exports from Canada can not be reduced and have to stay at the same rate per month as the past three months averaged. Right now the USA makes up 2/3's of our production.

I have have a feeling the Chinese portion of oil shipped will partially come out of the US Portion as Beijing has leveraged the US controlled debt on Washington. Or something of that nature.

**Big thanks to:

Morpheus Cycles
Industry Nine Componentry
RaceFace
- Velocity Cycles - **

Oct. 10, 2014, 10:58 a.m.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/industry-news/energy-and-resources/neb-delays-enbridge-plan-to-ship-oil-through-reversed-line-9-pipeline/article21037016/

" Currently, only six of the 104 major water crossings it has identified have valves within a kilometre of the banks on both sides, the regulator noted. “I think this is a major setback for Enbridge,” said Adam Scott, project manager with Toronto-based Environmental Defence, which had opposed the project. “They clearly just figured they could get this thing rubber-stamped, and push through without actually improving the safety of the pipeline. So we’re happy to see the NEB has said no.”

Industry wouldn't do anything wrong if we let them police themselves …would they?

Oct. 10, 2014, 11:17 a.m.

the free hand of the market will protect the environment!

Oct. 10, 2014, 4:35 p.m.

Y The Koch Brothers. How much money do they have to spend on anything they don't want? As much as is necessary.

Ditto the Waltons…….

http://www.ilsr.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/ILSR-WaltonSolar-Report-Final.pdf

Bastards.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Oct. 10, 2014, 8 p.m.

the free hand of the market will protect the environment!

All that profiting will trickle-down into environmental protection

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Oct. 12, 2014, 12:53 p.m.

We heat our homes with fossil fuel. Plastic is made from crude oil. We luv our cars/trucks. There are pipe lines connecting every single refinery in north America.
How is this pipe line different from the one that runs right beside the Coquitlam water shed?. Or the Pipe line that runs beside the Coquihalla river?
Roads are made from crude oil. Do you like heating your home? are you making a huge effort to consume less fossil fuel?
Im all for the pipe line. Why? I am consumer of fossil fuels. I need them! Selling raw materials like crude oil is how BC pays for infrastructure. They could raise your taxes instead of generating revenue from the Pipe line.

common sense…..Whats common about sense?!

Oct. 12, 2014, 12:57 p.m.

the government is so stupid, if everybody made more money theyd pay more taxes and those taxes could pay for more things.
fuck are they dumb.
herp derp.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Oct. 12, 2014, 1:14 p.m.

the government is so stupid, if everybody made more money theyd pay more taxes and those taxes could pay for more things.
fuck are they dumb.
herp derp.

so what's your solution? give everyone high paying government jobs?

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer