Who else is happy to be Canadian (not hockey related)

Feb. 22, 2014, 9:41 a.m.

You are mis-informed, KenN.

US Was Plotting Coup…that's what's going on.

Wow .. US must be really confused if they had the previous 2 Western-leaning Prime Ministers of the Ukraine poisoned or put in jail. I ought to start getting my news from random, obscure sites on the Internet, because that's where the Truth lives. Time for a Pussy Riot.

Feb. 22, 2014, 9:56 a.m.

I think canada is a great place to live and we got it so good

I think yer average canadian is mostly concerned about how much the case of beer costs every friday night

the only hope on northern gateway is court challenges from the Wetsueten/ Haisla/ Gitga-at which go on long enough for harper to get tossed

Feb. 22, 2014, 10:15 a.m.

I think you gotta be pretty delusional to think anyones gunna stop northern gateway.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Feb. 22, 2014, 10:36 a.m.

well Royal dutch shell already had a tenure but they were kicked out by 1st nations, who believed the Thaltan could pull that off?

how about the 2004 Haida vs MOF which protected nearly half the land base?

According to the laws of Canada its arguably still "their land" … other wise enbridge would already be planting pipe?

Feb. 22, 2014, 11:01 a.m.

well Royal dutch shell already had a tenure but they were kicked out by 1st nations, who believed the Thaltan could pull that off?

how about the 2004 Haida vs MOF which protected nearly half the land base?

According to the laws of Canada its arguably still "their land" … other wise enbridge would already be planting pipe?

Uhhh….they are laying pipe east of hwy 97.

Once there are enough zeros on the cheques,they will be laying the rest of it.

The royal dutch issue is a matter of opinion and perception. Curious how others are allowed to explore/mine in the area…isn't it?

It's almost embarrassing to see folks emotionally dragged into "protests" for the financial gains of their leaders.

Pastor of Muppets

Feb. 22, 2014, 11:16 a.m.

Uhhh….they are laying pipe east of hwy 97.

I can not seem to find anything online regarding Northern Gateway pipeline and the above statement.

Can you post up some info on that for us?

Feb. 22, 2014, 11:30 a.m.

It's almost embarrassing to see folks emotionally dragged into "protests" for the financial gains of their leaders.

I sense anger in this comment. Are you saying Tribal leaders tend to be shall we say flexible of morals and values?

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Feb. 22, 2014, 11:31 a.m.

Be cool to think that canadians would revolt like this but me thinks not.

Honestly, I don't think Canadians will ever hit that level of violence, but I find it interesting that people that would never normally show up to protests - doctors, research scientists - are showing up to protest at the House of Commons.

Wait until 2015, when Harper finds some arcane reason to declare a national emergency, invoke the war measures act to create a police state and suspend elections indefinitely.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Feb. 22, 2014, 11:37 a.m.

I think the further you get from the NW the less people care, once you hit wetsuet en lands which is basicly Burns lake and west people DO care

there are LNG and mine proposals all over the place and some will go thru but the question is whether Enbridge is a good project, you will find miners and oil people who don't think so

there is already a pipe going down the kinder morgan line which could be expnaded but of course that would not make any money for enbridge

there are [HTML_REMOVED]a doz mining proposals up there and not all of them will go thru, should we really just let anyone who proposes any project do whatever they want?

In any case IMO, because of 1st nations it ain't a given yet

Feb. 22, 2014, 12:20 p.m.

the public have taken over viktor yanukovych's residence:

http://imgur.com/a/DHGmb

http://zyalt.livejournal.com/1007568.html

protester's playing golf on his private course:

Feb. 22, 2014, 1:38 p.m.

Its mind numbing how much wealth some corrupt leaders amass. I guess somethings never change.

Feb. 22, 2014, 2:24 p.m.

Its mind numbing how much wealth some corrupt leaders amass. I guess somethings never change.

Thinking that place I wonder if it has been the residence for the various leaders over the years. Who simply kept adding to it over the years.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Feb. 22, 2014, 3:21 p.m.

I can not seem to find anything online regarding Northern Gateway pipeline and the above statement.

Can you post up some info on that for us?

Oh my Gord…-ts not on the interewebs,so it can't be true.

I know guys that cut the right of way.

Pastor of Muppets

Feb. 22, 2014, 4:11 p.m.

If Canada wins the game tomorrow, I'll be one proud Canadian.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Feb. 22, 2014, 5:01 p.m.

a cut right of way is not pipe in the ground