Whistler Stabbings - WTF?

May 26, 2015, 10:11 p.m.

I think Hitler would've liked to have a torchlight parade in Whistler………

He had a dog, he couldn't have been that bad of a guy.

Thread killer

May 26, 2015, 11:32 p.m.

He had a dog, he couldn't have been that bad of a guy.

Yeah, plus he made the trains run on time. Not like here. Hey, that gives me an idea……

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

May 27, 2015, 2:19 p.m.

Whether it is douchebags rioting in Vancouver and ruining the playoffs, or douchebags stabbing people in Whistler and ruining the long weekend I think we can all agree that we should drop a glass dome over Surrey from March until September.

I dunno, there seem to be a lot of hot girls in Surrey, wassup with that?

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

May 30, 2015, 9:43 p.m.

Might fuck around and kill ya

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

May 30, 2015, 10:13 p.m.

Might fuck around and kill ya

What a handsome arm.

May 30, 2015, 11:45 p.m.

Because once they were hot and naive, now the are hot and tainted so they have to live in Surrey.

Define "tainted".

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

May 31, 2015, 12:43 p.m.

Define "tainted".

Are you doing a risk/reward analysis?

I'm the best at being modest !

May 31, 2015, 8:49 p.m.

I actually retract my comment about Surrey girls. It was unnecessary and juvenile. There are nice people and shitty people everywhere.

I'm the best at being modest !

May 31, 2015, 11:18 p.m.

. There are nice people and shitty people everywhere.

Truth.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

June 4, 2015, 7:14 a.m.

Never said it was justified, but out of the 5 people I know who have been stabbed randomly, its been in a party centric place like a club or party town, just how she goes. And you guys are offended I Labeled you all
As winers? I only did that sarcastically and comparatively because of the labeling of all city folk as "the problem", don't get your panties in a bunch over something that wasn't even serious.
I understand it's a pretty mellow place most of the time like blue mountain, but much like blue mountain, its promoted as party town and generally speaking, this attracts many people who have lost a few too many brain cells partying before - not just from the city, but from everywhere.
If you take personal offense to a comparative statement made in jest, its time to take a deep breath and learn to read contextually.
My point is, if youre going to label city dwellers as thr problem, you best be okay with being labeled as well.
Whistler wouldnt even exist as it does today without the city people visiting.
As far as partying and stabbing going hand in hand…well, not many peopoe get stabbed at grocery stores you know what im saying?
As far as how i should feel sorry for some dumbass kids having to live with taking someones life…fuck 'em, i hope they get whats coming, and the kid who got stabbed, if he was a gang banger too, fuck him as well. I feel sorry for the witnesses and parents. But all life decisions come with cobsequences. Play with fire? You probably going to get burned, play with gangs and you probably going to get shanked. Simole cause and effect aint it?

Ummm…beg to differ. I've partied a lot in Whistler, never have I come close to seeing a stabbing. Oh, have never stabbed or been stabbed.

And now as a part time resident (summer) who rents out to tourism in the non-summer months, we block Canada May Long and U.S. may Long out. We either come up or don't rent out at all. This year we came up. Great vibe with Go Fest and all the other stuff (dance competition). Waking up, walking across the street to get coffee and seeing yellow tape down the road really sucked.

Dr. Lewis, who contributes here, had a great suggestion: close down the clubs for those weekends.

***Disclaimer: this post is in no way, shape, or form intended to insult anybody, anything, any animal, any lifeform, or non lifeform, or otherwise, of any kind.

June 4, 2015, 7:21 a.m.

Hey closing down the clubs was my idea! I should be a Dr. Anyway I'm sure the club owners wouldnt like the loss of revenue however if the city could give some sort of tax break or incentive then I'm sure it could work.

June 4, 2015, 7:31 a.m.

Here it is. Second half of article.

http://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/whistler/surveys-show-82-per-cent-of-attendees-satisfied-with-go-fest/Content?oid=2656564

***Disclaimer: this post is in no way, shape, or form intended to insult anybody, anything, any animal, any lifeform, or non lifeform, or otherwise, of any kind.

June 4, 2015, 7:33 a.m.

Hey closing down the clubs was my idea! I should be a Dr. Anyway I'm sure the club owners wouldnt like the loss of revenue however if the city could give some sort of tax break or incentive then I'm sure it could work.

That was his suggestion as well. The clubs need to be part of the solution. For two weekends a year, hopefully this is given serious consideration.

June 4, 2015, 7:49 a.m.

people who went into clubs said they weren't even half full. again, underage kids were the problem, not night clubs. Clark is a good friend, I respect his opinion, but I disagree with this position.

June 4, 2015, 8:43 a.m.

people who went into clubs said they weren't even half full. again, underage kids were the problem, not night clubs. Clark is a good friend, I respect his opinion, but I disagree with this position.

This time. There have been many violent incidences in the past where it all occurred on exiting the clubs.

There can't be one solution only, there need to be several measures put in place to change the culture. Go Fest is one, bringing in dance comps is another. By closing down the clubs, it allows the law enforcement to better allocate resources, and spread their presence. Plus, it becomes another deterrent to that "Bad Apple" quotient that want to come up.

The hospitality industry needs to step up their game, too. Obviously it is too easy to circumvent the measures in place, so maybe have a couple of RCMP assigned to every hotel, and have them become the judge, jury, and enforcement of unruly guests.

Dunno the answer, I just think there needs to be a wide range of collaboration, with every stakeholder throwing something into the mix to contribute to a long term solution.