Whistler Stabbings - WTF?

May 19, 2015, 12:24 a.m.

What he said. Sometimes you just have to call it for what it is.

The Persian Empire?

May 19, 2015, 2:39 p.m.

I tells ya, I'm about a 9mm away from becoming the next Charles Bronson.

Wrong. Always.

May 19, 2015, 6:12 p.m.

I tells ya, I'm about a 9mm away from becoming the next Charles Bronson.

.475 Wildey Magnum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS9BdSChngE

May 19, 2015, 6:27 p.m.

May long weekend sucks.

May 19, 2015, 6:37 p.m.

This. I was pretty saddened to wake up Sunday morning to hear this happened 2 min from my place.

There was a small element in town you could tell was there just to stir it up.

Yeah, I spent a summer living just above Showcase in the lower village, there were certainly times that certain elements of society would congregate along the village walk and try cause trouble. Thankfully they seemed to mostly piss off by the winter time..

May 19, 2015, 6:51 p.m.

May long weekend sucks.

I had a great weekend…a bunch of good rides, some trail building, dog walks, good times with friends…just avoid the village and things are pretty sweet

May 19, 2015, 7:22 p.m.

I had a great weekend…a bunch of good rides, some trail building, dog walks, good times with friends…just avoid the village and things are pretty sweet

I had a good weekend but I've certainly given up on camping or road trips. Save those for another day.

May 19, 2015, 9:56 p.m.

Yes, a lot of stupid parents renting hotel rooms and pretending they are staying with them to circumvent the occupancy rules and then taking off back to the city or wherever… Leaving tons of highschool grad kids throwing up off the balconies and so on… Awesome

Where is that Baltimore mom to provide a lesson in parenting?

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

May 19, 2015, 10:06 p.m.

Where is that Baltimore mom to provide a lesson in parenting?

problem is she wasnt smacking the shit out of other parents…sorry, thats an insult to real parents.

She wasnt smacking the shit out of welfare surrogates.

Pastor of Muppets

May 21, 2015, 12:58 a.m.

Not sure what Whistler can really do that they aren't already doing. Promoting events to get their usual outdoor crowd up, upping police forces, road check on the way into town. Maybe just keep in mind that we shouldn't dissuade other legit tourists from going by perpetuating how "terrible" it is, because really it's still a fun weekend. The more families and people that aren't G that are up there, the less the bro's will wanna go.

I go every year that weekend. Despite going out late (albeit not to the clubs) usually my only interaction with bro-fest-long-weekend is reading about it in the paper when I get home.

May 21, 2015, 12:40 p.m.

chooses to live in party town - bitches about partying and bullshit that comes along with it - labels all city dwellers as violent/douchebags.
….
This is like CHOOSING to live in the east side next to all the clubs and then bitching about what goes down there like it's some sort of surprise…:dizzy:
Not sure what to tell you guys, but even being from Ontario, I have known for years that Whistler caters to party folk and as much as you might all hate it, it's kind of the reason the town exists - (yes I know, it's all about the biking and snow boarding and all that…) but lets be real here, people from all over the world book trips to Whistler with several things in mind: Getting some quality time on the mountain, experiencing beautiful BC and partying at one of the worlds party-centric get aways.
It's really unfortunate that this shit happens, but I think if you are a decent person who stays out of all that shit, you're probably not going to be stabbed up there.
Now go ahead and flame me for being from somewhere else and not really knowing anything, or being from the city etc. It does shine a particular light on Whistler folk as being ignorant and winey - I mean…if we are going to generalize…
For reals though, you're probably all all-right people, much like 90% of the people from the city, a bad apples bound to grow on every tree you know.

May 21, 2015, 12:46 p.m.

chooses to live in party town - bitches about partying and bullshit that comes along with it - labels all city dwellers as violent/douchebags.
….
This is like CHOOSING to live in the east side next to all the clubs and then bitching about what goes down there like it's some sort of surprise…:dizzy:
Not sure what to tell you guys, but even being from Ontario, I have known for years that Whistler caters to party folk and as much as you might all hate it, it's kind of the reason the town exists - (yes I know, it's all about the biking and snow boarding and all that…) but lets be real here, people from all over the world book trips to Whistler with several things in mind: Getting some quality time on the mountain, experiencing beautiful BC and partying at one of the worlds party-centric get aways.
It's really unfortunate that this shit happens, but I think if you are a decent person who stays out of all that shit, you're probably not going to be stabbed up there.
Now go ahead and flame me for being from somewhere else and not really knowing anything, or being from the city etc. It does shine a particular light on Whistler folk as being ignorant and winey - I mean…if we are going to generalize…
For reals though, you're probably all all-right people, much like 90% of the people from the city, a bad apples bound to grow on every tree you know.

your continuing stellar efforts to make friends here is simply top notch.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

May 21, 2015, 1:10 p.m.

….

May 21, 2015, 1:23 p.m.

….

you almost admit you have no fucking clue. This is a once a year, two night thing, thanks to kids who are underage and bring their tough guy gang banger culture out for a couple days of machismo. It's not representative of Whistler the other 362 days a year. Thanks for coming out though.

May 21, 2015, 1:52 p.m.

….

Let's but this in Ontario terms so you actually understand.

Blue Mountain / Collingwood is a nice safe place to be all year, plenty of visitors there to enjoy the outdoors and still get drunk and party. The odd bar fight but nothing serious.

Two days a year every young gang banger from Jane and Finch decide they need to take their junk show on the road and head to Blue for the May 2-4 weekend. TONS of fights, stabbings and now a death.