Whistler Stabbings - WTF?

May 26, 2015, 1:23 p.m.

Reading this thread, I feel as if I have been near-fatally stabbed by the internet.

We could only be so lucky…

(They were all thinking it and someone had to say it…)

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

May 26, 2015, 1:25 p.m.

google says yes.. and 2008

Holy shit! Stop the press.

We need moar details.

May 26, 2015, 1:31 p.m.

I'm somewhat surprised this thread has not yet invoked Godwin's law.

Why is there a law that God win's? Isnt that sort of a given?

May 26, 2015, 1:34 p.m.

syncro,
you've got a lot of free time on your hands, you working at the moment or you looking for employment? I can't even keep up with that lol.
Longstory short, we're both assholes to each other, words were said - time to move on.
We're both reading and saying things out of context and it's just getting personal now.
So I am sorry I may have said something offensive about Mecca…errr…Whistler - you're right I am inexperienced, but there's a lot of experienced people agreeing with my "overshadowed" points as well…so that's saying something.
The thing I personally found offensive about what was said, is the general attitude that this whole thread starts off with. If things are being done in Whistler, that's great, but two people stabbed in one weekend (unrelated stabbings) to me, would signify that there is still some work to be done. With such a small population, that's pretty crazy to see happen and I have to agree, the towns people have a right to be a little off-put by such a thing going on.
Like I said, we're all a little jealous of the people who live up there and don't have to deal with this shit on a regular basis, I am sure it's as wonderful of a place as anyone makes it out to be, but I could also say the same about a lot of places, including the city (I mean really, if you've never lived outside of Metro Van in another city, you'd see why I think we all have it pretty good here).
Should you wish to school me more, let's do it in person (I'll leave my knife at home and make sure the beer is served in something other than a stabbable bottle - first round is on me).

May 26, 2015, 1:45 p.m.

syncro,
you've got a lot of free time on your hands, you working at the moment or you looking for employment? I can't even keep up with that lol.
Longstory short, we're both assholes to each other, words were said - time to move on.
We're both reading and saying things out of context and it's just getting personal now.
So I am sorry I may have said something offensive about Mecca…errr…Whistler - you're right I am inexperienced, but there's a lot of experienced people agreeing with my "overshadowed" points as well…so that's saying something.
The thing I personally found offensive about what was said, is the general attitude that this whole thread starts off with. If things are being done in Whistler, that's great, but two people stabbed in one weekend (unrelated stabbings) to me, would signify that there is still some work to be done. With such a small population, that's pretty crazy to see happen and I have to agree, the towns people have a right to be a little off-put by such a thing going on.
Like I said, we're all a little jealous of the people who live up there and don't have to deal with this shit on a regular basis, I am sure it's as wonderful of a place as anyone makes it out to be, but I could also say the same about a lot of places, including the city (I mean really, if you've never lived outside of Metro Van in another city, you'd see why I think we all have it pretty good here).
Should you wish to school me more, let's do it in person (I'll leave my knife at home and make sure the beer is served in something other than a stabbable bottle - first round is on me).

thanks for the offer but i'll pass on the beer as i don't drink. and thanks for proving my point about the reading comprehension at least.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

May 26, 2015, 2 p.m.

i'll pass on the beer as i don't drink.

Ya could only imagine what a few drinks would to do your psyche /bartender psyhcologist.

May 26, 2015, 2:10 p.m.

Ya could only imagine what a few drinks would to do your psyche /bartender psyhcologist.

if i do drink a fair bit (which has happend maybe 2 or 3 times in the past 20yrs) i get really mellow and non-confrontational. having a drink for me means maybe one or two and that's it as i don't see any value in getting liquored up.

thanks for caring enough to make that insinuatuion though - back to bartender psychology class for you.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

May 26, 2015, 2:22 p.m.

This thread reminds me exactly why I hate 98% of people in Ontario.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

May 26, 2015, 2:40 p.m.

Whether it is douchebags rioting in Vancouver and ruining the playoffs, or douchebags stabbing people in Whistler and ruining the long weekend I think we can all agree that we should drop a glass dome over Surrey from March until September.

May 26, 2015, 3:28 p.m.

if i do drink a fair bit (which has happend maybe 2 or 3 times in the past 20yrs) i get really mellow and non-confrontational. having a drink for me means maybe one or two and that's it as i don't see any value in getting liquored up.

thanks for caring enough to make that insinuatuion though - back to bartender psychology class for you.

Lol, I wasn't suggesting we go get "liquored up" as I don't do that either - one or two for me as well, but I'd assume you had assumed I drink my face off? Much rather smoke personally..but I get ya, too cool for school man - shame on me for suggesting we get past our differences, or at least see where we lie with them in a more understandable setting.

May 26, 2015, 4:10 p.m.

think of it as one man's delusion, the guy who bought the ski hill came from the Whistelr management, planned to build the next Whistler which was of course a pipe dream, then the 08 downturn in the economy happened … the RE is sitting there unsold. Buddy tried to buy the shames lifts when they went under which did not endear him in any way to the shames locals in any case he is history, Shames is a coop, HBM is just a local hill with a very strong ski club background, the hills have borrowed parts from each other and I think the hatchet has been buried we are just one big kumbya singing narthern ski tribe

i heard he never made a final payment for some work he contracted out at HBM too, some pretty serious slander going on out there.

May 26, 2015, 4:36 p.m.

Lol, I wasn't suggesting we go get "liquored up" as I don't do that either - one or two for me as well, but I'd assume you had assumed I drink my face off? Much rather smoke personally..but I get ya, too cool for school man - shame on me for suggesting we get past our differences, or at least see where we lie with them in a more understandable setting.

sigh

no, i had not assumed you were thinking drink your face off. as i stated in my reply to you (the post you quoted was actually for someone else and not related to your invite) i pretty much never drink and if i do it's not beer. and thb at this point in time i'm just not interested in taking the time to meet. but, if we happen to cross paths on the trails or in a group ride somewhere feel free to say and i will do the same.

anyway, good luck with your new life here in vancouver, it's a cool place to live and the sheer amount and quality of riding that's available within a few hours of the city really can't be beat anywhere else in the world.

Ellen Langer

May 26, 2015, 4:43 p.m.

i heard he never made a final payment for some work he contracted out at HBM too, some pretty serious slander going on out there.

yeah buddy never really caught on that he wasn't in whistler anymore, did not endear himself anywhere up narth lots of contracters would only work for cash so there are all kinds of stories and it would seem he got voted off the island by his 2 partners end of 2014 but I think the shames/HBM thing is OK now and HBM staff seem pretty happy in 14/15 season

May 26, 2015, 8:41 p.m.

HBM staff seem pretty happy in 14/15 season

good to know, its nice to support a company that have staff that enjoy there job.

May 26, 2015, 9:46 p.m.

I think Hitler would've liked to have a torchlight parade in Whistler………

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.