Whistler Stabbings - WTF?

May 25, 2015, 9:43 p.m.

The stabbing thing is not cool and obviously a very small part of the scene, I really don't care what anyone does in whistler but party is just what happens, so call a spade a fucking shovel, the oh no nothing different goes on here than any other town is BS

right so every weekend people walk around the village openly smoking a reefer in the middle of the day … in front of johnny law?

May 25, 2015, 10:02 p.m.

who goes to smithrs to party?

Uhhh ….I came to party.

Pastor of Muppets

May 25, 2015, 10:23 p.m.

party on garth

edit: uhhh….come to think of it so did I

May 25, 2015, 11:14 p.m.

holy shit, have you ever taken this miles away from where it originally was. people can either man up and say mistakes were made or try and rationalize things away to justify their thinking. have fun with whatever you choose.

First, remember I use the term Fuckers endearingly from the Ebola thread; nothing to get bent over about it.

Secondly that reply is most unlike you sir. Usually most of your posts dance around something with a net neutral lack of bias and balls. It also makes no sense to me unless there's a type in your post. Goes to show how hypocritical anyone can be and how unlikely the most PC of people are to admit they are the ones that are wrong.

All you or anyone else had/has to do is post up a 'yea I didnt think of it like that since I've never been in that situation, thankfully'. Instead you just decide to say man up or rationalize this Shogun. Makes perfect sense.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

May 25, 2015, 11:56 p.m.

First, remember I use the term Fuckers endearingly from the Ebola thread; nothing to get bent over about it.

Secondly that reply is most unlike you sir. Usually most of your posts dance around something with a net neutral lack of bias and balls. It also makes no sense to me unless there's a type in your post. Goes to show how hypocritical anyone can be and how unlikely the most PC of people are to admit they are the ones that are wrong.

All you or anyone else had/has to do is post up a 'yea I didnt think of it like that since I've never been in that situation, thankfully'. Instead you just decide to say man up or rationalize this Shogun. Makes perfect sense.

ok, let's review shall we?

- people from the city go to whistler and cause trouble including two stabbings, one of which results in a murder

- this happens on weekend known for trouble caused by out of town partiers - aka city people

- some nsmb'ers openly say it's city douchebags or city people causing the trouble
*important note: if you go back and actually read things it says city douchebags, it does not say all city people are douchebags. hence douchebags from the city came up and caused trouble which according to the rcmp appears to be factually correct

- the newbie comes in and raises a stink about whistler local's ojections to the above behaviour and makes a number of incorrect statements and goes on to call whistler locals ignorant and whiney

- as a result the newbie gets pilloried for it

it really shouldn't be this difficult to digest. honestly, how hard is it to see that singlecoil got this mostly wrong and continues to get this wrong. him calling good people ignorant is FUCKING RICH considering he DOES NOT KNOW WHAT THE FUCK HE IS TALKING ABOUT as clearly evidenced in my comments just a few posts above:

http://bb.nsmb.com/showpost.php?p=2873391[HTML_REMOVED]postcount=102

if it helps you any better i think he's a dumb fuck for taking his stance the way he did and i think you're a dumb fuck for trying to back him up on it. him trying to rationalize his points after the fact (rather weakly imo) do not discount his ignorant remarks beforehand. further to that, the man up part you don't understand is that singlecoil made some stupid and blatantly incorrect remarks he could have chosen to man up and apologize for but instead he continued on and further showed his ignorance on the matter.

if you're going to be ignorant on a topic and incorrectly call people out on based on your ignorance then you should expect to be called a dumb fuck. now you dear shogun, are faced with a choice; you can continue to ignore the evidence available and remain in the camp of the dumb fucks on this topic (population you and singlecoil apparently), or you can say "hey, maybe i misread things here and singlecoil did get things wrong." essentially you can choose to live in the camp of the dumb fucks or you can make an effort to cross the abyss of regret and join the rest of us in the camp of rational people.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

May 26, 2015, 1 a.m.

Wasn't there an incident last year where someone was knifed?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

May 26, 2015, 5:42 a.m.

google says yes.. and 2008

May 26, 2015, 7:32 a.m.

Awe syncro, keep crying man - I could use another river to padel down!
This whole thread started off with people beaking off about "city folk" I don't even know how you would say its a baseless thing for any of us city folk to call you guys out on.
There wasn't any concern for the people involved, it was all "oh no muh whistler, I can't continue to say I'm better than city folk if the same problems exist here".
You still don't get that half your town is former city folk, or seasonal city folk either?
You're so thick skulled it's kind of funny/sad.
I look forward to you following my posts and continuing your most mature attitude towards me, if the things I say are a reflection of who I am, maybe it's time to take a look in the mirror and at your elitist " holier than thou/any one from "the city"." Attitude.
Face the facts, it isn't "city people" that is the problem, its g'd up assholes, who just happen to live here - and if you think there aren't high profile criminals with homes in whistler, I'd have to wonder what you're smoking - because it must be some good shit! The only difference is, those types of people are at the top of the chain.
Are you so easily offended and simple that you can't understand what I was saying about whistlerites being whiney was specifically directed to certain people with clearly prejudiced attitudes, who had already said equally demeaning things about us city folk, the people who you are all so desperate to "separate from our wallets"?
All you are doing is digging a hole and beaking off at this point, you want to make a good example of what whistlerites are actially like? Show some compassion for fellow human beings, don't be prejudiced idiot and realise, whether you like in or not, city folk make your town go round, city folk from Vancouver, Burnaby, Surrey, Edmonton, Toronto, Berlin, Zürich etc etc.
Sorry if you live in a fantasy land and can't handle the truth, you live in a resort town by choice, it comes with certain perks and negative aspects and one of those is the fact that those lift chairs don't run, unless there is enough people to pack them, and those people are, you guessed it - city folk. 99.9% of which don't stab anyone, or even end up half as angry as you do over something like words.
But hey, I'm new, I don't know a thing - you are clearly an endless river od knowledge, compassion, respect and wisdom, everybody should strive to be JUST LIKE YOU.
As far as manning.up and apologising goes, I'm sure you're so likely to do that yourself too eh? Look up a few posts where I explain and apologise, and then check out where you and the other butthurt fools essentially say its my fault that friend of mine have been assaulted or killed. You guys say that shit and then get offended when I call you a name in a retaliatory, half serious post? Man up indeed.

May 26, 2015, 7:49 a.m.

:lol::lol::lol:

you continually fail to see the reality that every year punks from the city come up to whistler and cause issues. that's where the city people remark came from. if you had a better grasp of the situation you would comprehend that, but hey that seems par for the course with you. as for your wonderful statistics analysis, i can assure you that there are far more than 2/2,000,000 dingbat types from the city that have caused issues in whistler. and by the way, i'm not from whistler and am far more of a city person than yourself.

ps - no, i still don't understand why you made that statement as there really was no need for it. jfc man, i'm from the city and see this as city people going to whistler and cocking things up. you seem to be the only one here who sees things otherwise.

Every year city folk also come up to whistler and dump millions of dollars into that town, 99.999% of which don't stab anyone, just like you or I wouldn't. So why the hate? Call it for what it is: stupid gangster kids -they can be from anywhere, in fact I've lived in small towns that were controlled by bikers and other small towns that were heavenly impacted by the drug trade.
And thats my point, why get butt hurt over city folk, when city folk have done that town WAY more good than bad, according to everyone else anyway, since they are so good at seprrating us from our wallets (lol 36 bucks a night to camp sure is "seperating me from my wallet" in a big way)

May 26, 2015, 8:02 a.m.

who goes smithrs to party?

we did have a stabbing a year or 2 ago but its was local badasses known-to-police not imported talent

i did hear some Terrace locals talking about how smithers is a whister wanna be, and how every one there is realy racist, they blamed all the impoted german descendent. but if you had a stabbing 2 years ago maybe whister is the smithers wanna be.

May 26, 2015, 9:28 a.m.

think of it as one man's delusion, the guy who bought the ski hill came from the Whistelr management, planned to build the next Whistler which was of course a pipe dream, then the 08 downturn in the economy happened … the RE is sitting there unsold. Buddy tried to buy the shames lifts when they went under which did not endear him in any way to the shames locals in any case he is history, Shames is a coop, HBM is just a local hill with a very strong ski club background, the hills have borrowed parts from each other and I think the hatchet has been buried we are just one big kumbya singing narthern ski tribe

Actualy it was dutch and swiss who came here early on and the question would be racsist against whom? CLACK at the mills has indirectly kept out the EI usually found anywhere there is a mill in BC, the FN for sure get marginalized but that is universal from all white people

that stabbing was totally local not any imported talent which is what this thread is about, the cops will tell you they are very busy dealing with the same known 30 trouble makers in smitehrs, in PG they deal with the same known 100 trouble makers, I wonder how that shakes out in a transient pop like whistler?

btw I am pretty sure there have been many studies done/thesis written on these subjects

May 26, 2015, 12:57 p.m.

hmm, you're either missing things in the conversation you're choosing to ignore things that don't suit your agenda

Awe syncro, keep crying man - I could use another river to padel down!
This whole thread started off with people beaking off about "city folk" I don't even know how you would say its a baseless thing for any of us city folk to call you guys out on.

- the very first post mentioned nothing about city people
- the second post mentioned a specific demographic of city people
- another post mentioned gangsters from surrey
- i'm not from whistler, i live and work in the city, in the downtown core in fact
- as one of the city folk, i agree with the notion that it's people from the city causing these issues in whistler because well, they are

There wasn't any concern for the people involved, it was all "oh no muh whistler, I can't continue to say I'm better than city folk if the same problems exist here".

- yes this is true, but don't trot out your sympathies now to try and prop up your false argument, if this really was a concern for you you would have mentioned this first before going on a rant about whislter people being ignorant and whiney

You still don't get that half your town is former city folk, or seasonal city folk either?

- i get that, but it's irrelevant to the topic at hand
- i'm not from whistler, i live and work in the city, in the downtown core in fact

You're so thick skulled it's kind of funny/sad.
I look forward to you following my posts and continuing your most mature attitude towards me, if the things I say are a reflection of who I am, maybe it's time to take a look in the mirror and at your elitist " holier than thou/any one from "the city"." Attitude.

Face the facts, it isn't "city people" that is the problem, its g'd up assholes, who just happen to live here -

- yes you finally get it, this is what people have been saying all along

and if you think there aren't high profile criminals with homes in whistler, I'd have to wonder what you're smoking - because it must be some good shit!

- i don't smoke anything

Are you so easily offended and simple that you can't understand what I was saying about whistlerites being whiney was specifically directed to certain people with clearly prejudiced attitudes, who had already said equally demeaning things about us city folk, the people who you are all so desperate to "separate from our wallets"?

- damn, now you've gone and lost the differntiation again between all city people and some
- those specific whistler people happen happen to be very good people and one of them in a far better person than you or i will ever be and is someone i have a huge amount of respect for
- if you are ever fortunate enough to meet and get to know patrolskid you will see how wrong you were with your comments

All you are doing is digging a hole and beaking off at this point, you want to make a good example of what whistlerites are actially like? Show some compassion for fellow human beings, don't be prejudiced idiot and realise, whether you like in or not, city folk make your town go round, city folk from Vancouver, Burnaby, Surrey, Edmonton, Toronto, Berlin, Zürich etc etc.

- simply trying to show you the error of your thinking, unfortunately that's not working

Sorry if you live in a fantasy land and can't handle the truth, you live in a resort town by choice, it comes with certain perks and negative aspects and one of those is the fact that those lift chairs don't run, unless there is enough people to pack them, and those people are, you guessed it - city folk. 99.9% of which don't stab anyone, or even end up half as angry as you do over something like words.

- there's a lot of good folk in whistler who live and work there year round so people from the city have a great place to recreate. without the locals there would be no whistler for city people like you and i to enjoy. before whistler became what it is, there was a small village with locals doing their thing without any of these hassles.

But hey, I'm new, I don't know a thing - you are clearly an endless river od knowledge, compassion, respect and wisdom, everybody should strive to be JUST LIKE YOU.

- i wouldn't say i'm an endless river of knowledge, but i try to read up on a topic so i'm not talking about it blindly. you could learn from that as evidenced by this post of yours:

if nobody is willing to do anything (like become more strict with enforcement on this weekend) other than point fingers, nothing will change

which is blatantly wrong.
- you also incorrectly mentioned a few other times that whistler should have an increased police presence for this weekend when they in fact do have an increased police presence for this weekend which is documented in most of the articles on the topic

As far as manning.up and apologising goes, I'm sure you're so likely to do that yourself too eh? Look up a few posts where I explain and apologise, and then check out where you and the other butthurt fools essentially say its my fault that friend of mine have been assaulted or killed. You guys say that shit and then get offended when I call you a name in a retaliatory, half serious post? Man up indeed.

- i went all the way back to the start and didn't see you step back from your comments about whistler residents being ignorant and whiney, just a rationalization for your behaviour
- if there was a direct apology maybe you could find that post and quote it?
- i have not said anywhere in this thread that it's your fault friend's of youre have been assaulted or killed

you have made so many incorrect assunmptions and blantantly wrong statements that i have lost count. to be fair to you though, you have raised some valid points (which i have said previously - http://bb.nsmb.com/showpost.php?p=2873250[HTML_REMOVED]postcount=90 ) but for the most part your entire take on this has been off the mark. people tried nicely to explain it to you and you either didn't get it, tried to rationalize it away or respoded with more nonsense. whatever the issue is, it should be pretty clear that a vast majority of the people here have taken issue with your response to this topic (and other you've been involved in during your short time here). look you seem like a nice guy and you're excited to be here which is awesome, vancouver can be a great place to live, but so far you're not really doing yourself any favours.

wrt my previous post yes it was a bit strong and i apologize for calling you a dumb fuck. as for me i've clearly pointed out my issues with your posts (as have others) and you're either willing to address them or you're not. either way, good luck and maybe one day you'll actually get to spend some time in whistler to get a better idea of what the place is about than just basing it off of heresay and secondhand or incomplete information.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

May 26, 2015, 1:09 p.m.

Reading this thread, I feel as if I have been near-fatally stabbed by the internet.

Wrong. Always.

May 26, 2015, 1:19 p.m.

ok, let's review shall we?

essentially you can choose to live in the camp of the dumb fucks or you can make an effort to cross the abyss of regret and join the rest of us in the camp of rational people.

There's nothing rational about your knee jerk reply since you still fail to see what I was actually stating, which was pretty clear since it's not based on tinfoil or people having to think outside the so called box (for a change). I was in no way defending any ignorance as that deals with it self.

I took exception to you fuckers on here caring more about a town's holy reputation than the fact that you same fuckers think a new member from out of province deserved to see his friends die, all the while making the stabby stabby jokes AND still you fuckers try to keep the moral high ground. The only way you fuckers can do that is to band together like a high school clique, much like I alluded to in that Eboler thread.

In the gif/video thread, Zedbra said something about the user base being stagnant along with a whole bunch of other whiney shiat - not very hard to see why is it when one of the Admin's actually condones the issue…?

Seriously, re-read the tripe you posted in regards to what I posted. Good to see the real Splinky warrior keyboard hero appeared so easily after being called out.

This was both a solid troll and a real post.

Fa la la la laaaa la la la lol.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

May 26, 2015, 1:21 p.m.

I'm somewhat surprised this thread has not yet invoked Godwin's law.