Whistler Stabbings - WTF?

June 4, 2015, 9:34 a.m.

Dunno the answer, I just think there needs to be a wide range of collaboration, with every stakeholder throwing something into the mix to contribute to a long term solution.

they should just ban those pesky surrey and langley people from whistler.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

June 4, 2015, 9:36 a.m.

they should just ban surrey and langley people from whistler.

Good thing I'm grandfathered in now.

***Disclaimer: this post is in no way, shape, or form intended to insult anybody, anything, any animal, any lifeform, or non lifeform, or otherwise, of any kind.

June 4, 2015, 9:50 a.m.

We could only be so lucky…

(They were all thinking it and someone had to say it…)

I just saw this now. Your humor has earned you a positive rep. Even though it was at my expense and my feelings have been raped.
:idea:

Wrong. Always.

June 4, 2015, 10:26 a.m.

they should just ban those pesky surrey and langley people from whistler.

What about those of us who have postal codes in both Langley and Whistler?

How do you troll us folk?

June 4, 2015, 10:34 a.m.

Make the May long a Jazzfest in Whistler. Nothing but Jazz everywhere. No escape from hearing Jazz anywhere from Function to Meadow Park. If any kids end up there with a knife they will be more likely to use it on themselves. Problem solved.

June 4, 2015, 10:42 a.m.

hey man, what can i say besides i'm sorry you're not smart enough to understand my sense of humor.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

June 4, 2015, 11:59 a.m.

It would just be easier if all those damn city folk would stop causing all the problems.

June 4, 2015, 2:06 p.m.

Make the May long a Jazzfest in Whistler. Nothing but Jazz everywhere. No escape from hearing Jazz anywhere from Function to Meadow Park. If any kids end up there with a knife they will be more likely to use it on themselves. Problem solved.

I'd pay one of them to stab me in the ears.

TO quote Kids in the Hall . . ..

Bruce: Wow. One thing I hear a lot is, people say, "Bruce, what's this with you and Jazz? What's the beef with you and Jazz music?"

I say, "Well, I really hate Jazz."

They say, "What do you hate about poor old Jazz?"

I say, "The sound. The sound that Jazz instruments make when they're being manipulated by Jazz players to the delight of Jazz respondents. I think of it as musical barf."

They say, "I don't think you've given Jazz a chance."

Well, I maintain, I haven't given suicide a chance, but. . .Well, I did give suicide a chance, but that was only because I was threatened with Jazz. You know. Jazz music.

One thing I hate-One thing I hate is being woken up in the middle of the night, when I'm dreaming about, say, promiscuity with dignity [Man off camera "All right."], by a rap-tap-tappin' on my window by those guys with goatee things on their faces, saying, "Hey. Can we come in? Beano's clarinet's gettin' wet." And then they go into this sorta Gene Krupa trance. Jazz schmazz. I'm sorry; I've got to go that far. Jazz schmazz.

You know what? I'd like to declare this a Jazz-free zone, about forty miles as far as the Jazz-hatin' crow flies in any direction. Just paradise. Those guys would go to work, and it wouldn't be there.

I'm gonna ask a question. What sort of music do you think there is in hell? You know, H-E-double hockey sticks? Well, I think it's probably hateful, free-form Jazz. And in heaven? Country and Western music. The choice is pretty obvious. It's not Jazz. It's not bop-a-dop bop-be-bop-bo Jazz. [to flutist:] What's that? A recorder or something? I'm not into it. Fuzz pedal, that's what I'm into. You know?

June 4, 2015, 3:38 p.m.

Last May Long I headed to Tofino with some friends on Friday afternoon and near the straight-away where the zipline is was the largest roadblock I've seen. Eight RCMP vehicles, Fisheries and Ocean truck, Conversation Officer, Commercial Vehicle Inspection and more than one tow truck hauling away vehicles for various reasons.

Is a similar roadblock set up for Whistler?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

June 4, 2015, 3:50 p.m.

Is a similar roadblock set up for Whistler?

Yep

June 4, 2015, 4:14 p.m.

I thought the ghettos of Whistler were strictly for Australians! I didn't know country bumpkins were represented too!

Wrong. Always.

June 7, 2015, 9:56 a.m.

^
The aussies are great up there. Ever had a vegemite pie from peaked in the village?

So salty, so tasty.

hey man, what can i say besides i'm sorry you're not smart enough to understand my sense of humor.

Durp, Durp, I'm so dumb.
But my lake house in whistler was really nice this weekend. I mean, really nice.

Wrap your brain around that, smart guy.

June 7, 2015, 11:51 a.m.

Durp, Durp, I'm so dumb.
But my lake house in whistler was really nice this weekend. I mean, really nice.

Wrap your brain around that, smart guy.

:lol:

i don't know what's better, that fact that you bit hard or that you felt it necessary to brag about your monie$.

all kidding aside tho, i am glad you had fun this weekend. so did i.

Ellen Langer

June 8, 2015, 11:02 a.m.

Bragging about money is fucking lame.
:ohthedrama:

Wrong. Always.