Whistler Stabbings - WTF?

May 18, 2015, 9:36 a.m.

Two stabbings on the May long weekend ? First some kid is murdered, then a second kid is stabbed a day later.

Am I missing something as to what goes on up there on the long weekend ? Is the 'summer crowd' really different from the winter crowd / mtb group ? Are there a bunch of 'Surrey gangsters' spending time up there ?

Anyone with any insight ?

May 18, 2015, 9:38 a.m.

It's pretty much just this weekend when al the city douche bags come up. Rest of the year it's pretty nice

meh

May 18, 2015, 9:42 a.m.

Man city folk are annoying.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

May 18, 2015, 9:44 a.m.

Garfinkle bouncers love beating the hell out of the summer weekend douchebags.

yeah bro!!

May 18, 2015, 9:55 a.m.

You nailed it. Surrey gangsters. One weekend a year. May. Whistler has been trying for years to have the may long weekend cancelled.

www.northshorebillet.com

May 18, 2015, 10:04 a.m.

Yeah man, I love it in Whistler in the summer. Great mountain bike trails, hanging at the GLC to watch the bike park, taking the dog to Lost Lake, drinking beer on the dog beach dock, etc…

This just doesn't make sense with the crap up there this weekend. Mind you, I can't name a single club up there, so, there's a side of Whistler I just don't see.

Can we encourage all these douches to just stay home ? How about Whistler organizes a massive 'yoga festival' or move the Gran Fondo to the same weekend ?

May 18, 2015, 10:12 a.m.

Yeah man, I love it in Whistler in the summer. Great mountain bike trails, hanging at the GLC to watch the bike park, taking the dog to Lost Lake, drinking beer on the dog beach dock, etc…

This just doesn't make sense with the crap up there this weekend. Mind you, I can't name a single club up there, so, there's a side of Whistler I just don't see.

Can we encourage all these douches to just stay home ? How about Whistler organizes a massive 'yoga festival' or move the Gran Fondo to the same weekend ?

That's the attempt with go fest events. It's always just this weekend that this violence happens not a summer vs winter thing. If you're visiting and don't stay out late it's fine. Heck even the crowd in most of the bars is fine because a ton of the idiots can't get in to bars. Only sucks for people working late in town having to deal with these idiots.

May 18, 2015, 10:20 a.m.

That's the attempt with go fest events. It's always just this weekend that this violence happens not a summer vs winter thing. If you're visiting and don't stay out late it's fine. Only sucks for people working late in town having to deal with these idiots.

Ah, so there is an 'event' going on that Whistler is trying to promote over the douchery. Guess the same strategy as the old New Years.

I can appreciate how crummy it would be to work late.

When I was there last summer, was up early to take the dog for a walk. The village showed the events of the night before . . . beer cans, dropped pizza, garbage and puke. One hour later on my way back through it was spotless, the cleaning crew was just finishing the last of their work. Gave me the impression of 'two solitudes' in Whistler, one during the day through the dinner hour that reflects the tourism brochures, one overnight that happens when old guys like me go to sleep and unless you are up early you don't see the consequences of it on the village.

May 18, 2015, 3:48 p.m.

Kid that passed away went to my high school. He did hang out with the type of kids that would go up to Whistler on the long-weekend and stir up trouble. He seemed to be a nice kid, but hung out with the wrong crowd.

:japan:

May 18, 2015, 4:16 p.m.

We have been up 3 of the last 4 May long weekends (not this year) [HTML_REMOVED] it has been getting better. The go-fest should help. The aforementioned douche bags are the type who partake in no activities that Whistler is known for. These people do not zipline, hike, bike or boat. They are just in town to cause trouble. Generally, that's the only time of year you will see them up there.

Thread killer

May 18, 2015, 9:52 p.m.

Man city folk are annoying.

Made worse when their parents enable them to be Jack Asses and Douchebags.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

May 18, 2015, 10:41 p.m.

Made worse when their parents enable them to be Jack Asses and Douchebags.

Yes, a lot of stupid parents renting hotel rooms and pretending they are staying with them to circumvent the occupancy rules and then taking off back to the city or wherever… Leaving tons of highschool grad kids throwing up off the balconies and so on… Awesome

May 18, 2015, 10:55 p.m.

what's it called when persons of the same cultural heritage dress generally the same , act generally the same , congregate in the same places with other very similar persons that are engaged in the same type of " business " practices , transport themselves in expensive vehicles yet have no visible means of support , but often find themselves in altercations that result in violence .

oh wait , that's called " racial profiling " , and apparently it's not cool to do that .

but it's all right to come to whistler and kill people .

it just sickens me that people come here , a place that was built on having a good time , and bring this shit with them .

May 18, 2015, 11:28 p.m.

it just sickens me that people come here , a place that was built on having a good time , and bring this shit with them .

This. I was pretty saddened to wake up Sunday morning to hear this happened 2 min from my place.

There was a small element in town you could tell was there just to stir it up.

May 18, 2015, 11:36 p.m.

what's it called when persons of the same cultural heritage dress generally the same , act generally the same , congregate in the same places with other very similar persons that are engaged in the same type of " business " practices , transport themselves in expensive vehicles yet have no visible means of support , but often find themselves in altercations that result in violence .

oh wait , that's called " racial profiling " , and apparently it's not cool to do that .

but it's all right to come to whistler and kill people .

What he said. Sometimes you just have to call it for what it is.

Thread killer