Where were you on 9/11/01 ?

Sept. 11, 2010, 12:40 p.m.

I was just arriving at work when the second plane hit the Trade Centre. I recall having a very hard time getting online to CTV newsnet to see what was happening.

Nobody did much work that day…it was almost as if everything stood still for the day.

Sept. 11, 2010, 12:57 p.m.

I was moving in with my girlfriend at the time, should have taken this as a sign. Was weird listening to it happening on the radio, didnt really beleive it until I saw the video on the news.

The Ham

Sept. 11, 2010, 1:21 p.m.

I was in a motel in Cranbrook. Don't ask.

Sept. 11, 2010, 1:23 p.m.

I was on my way to work and stopped in at the corner store and the clerk was completely freaking out.

i'm a has been, trying to be a never was on the comeback trail.

Sept. 11, 2010, 1:27 p.m.

who cares?

Sept. 11, 2010, 1:34 p.m.

was just getting to school for gr 10 at a new school

Builder of Little Bastard

Sept. 11, 2010, 1:43 p.m.

I was having my 6th Birthday Party. I had actually just made my birthday wish to go visit the Twin Towers via the Concord and was cutting the cake when we got a call from our family friends in New York.

Thoughts go out to the victims families, and the survivors.

Sept. 11, 2010, 2:14 p.m.

We in Europe had the time zone thing, and back then I was living together with a flight attendant. We were just relaxing, had not tv or radio on, suddenly my parents called, saying that some terrorists apparently flew into a skyscraper in NYC. We were both going like "Yeah, right….a movie probably".

A couple minutes later her grandmother was calling, repeating what she saw on TV. We ran to the radio, listened to it and were literally shell-shocked.

Later that day we went to a cafe and saw the first film sequences and I kept telling everyone in our group that the world as we had known it before ended on that very day. It changed history.

And was and still is utterly sad and tragic. May the survivors and the families of the victims have found a way to cope with the sadness and the loss.

My deepest respect for the people on the Virginia flight, and I still think of the US American who had once been on the Olympic Judo team and sho together with other passengers made the flight go down in a field - and not in Washington or somewhere else.
Still puts my training into perspective. May they not be forgotten.

By the way, I just read the German translation of a letter that has been published online worldwide by one of Osama Bin LadenS' closest associates. Very interesting and moving piece.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Sept. 11, 2010, 2:26 p.m.

I woke up in Vancouver for the first time ever. Watching hotel TV by the Airport realising that all my plans were in ruins.

The buddy i was supposed to meet for a 2 week biking road trip got stranded somewhere in central Canada, along with all of our hotel reservations, car hire etc.

I got stranded in Vancouver for 2 weeks and decided that this was where i wanted to live. I rode the Shore every day, riding from downtown to Seymour and Fromme, then riding home.

2004 i was back for a month.
2005 i was back for a year and never left.
2010 i became a Permanent Resident.

I don't know if i would have been so motivated to live in BC if i had just done the road trip.

Sept. 11, 2010, 2:26 p.m.

Was very hungover.

My wife came in and said "a plane has crashed into one of the trade towers"

I recall being groggy and asking her to repeat

"Something went wrong on a take off from the airport and it hit one of the trade towers"

I got up, all hangover anxiety ridden and sat on the couch literally 5 seconds before the second one hit. Before the second one hit, speculation was that it was an accident. Then the Pentagon reports started coming in and reports of the fourth hijacked plane. Then the towers came down, reports of the fourth plane going down…

An awful day in human history. Changed the world. One of my life's most surreal experiences. Thoughts to victims, survivors and hero's.

Sept. 11, 2010, 4:02 p.m.

Waking up to go to highschool

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Sept. 11, 2010, 4:18 p.m.

I was watching the morning news live when it happened. Was heading into Crap College. Went in later and classes were cancelled.

Sept. 11, 2010, 4:20 p.m.

North of Loops in Barrier. Asleep when the planes hit. Woke up went to the kitchen- turned TV on on the way. Took a dump and saw a plane hit a building, thought my buddy left it on the movie channel. Sat down to eat and the first clue something happened was when I changed the channel and it was still on.

Watched it for about an hour. Turned TV off and went for a run knowing it would be available for viewing for the next 24 hours on CNN.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Sept. 11, 2010, 4:26 p.m.

I was home sick, my mom woke me up and told me what happened.

As horrible as it was, it was nice sitting at home, not being in a school environment where there were false rumors and hearing everything second hand not even from the radio. that really helped me understand the bigger picture.

anus

Sept. 11, 2010, 4:29 p.m.

In school, every teacher decided to play it on the tv in the classroom so I left, because it didn't concern me.

Clunking is for retards.