Where should I move????

July 13, 2004, 11:28 p.m.

victoria, or nanaimo…

duncan is…..meh…..

i wish i could move.

Couple cans of Lucky and a backhoe and you can do pretty much anything. Mainlanders :rolleyes:

July 13, 2004, 11:34 p.m.

Originally posted by CoffeeMan
forgot to mention lack of jobs.

your forgetting i dopnt work………well not good paying job!…ahahhaha

July 13, 2004, 11:35 p.m.

not for you, but in general for people who are fed up with congestion and stuff i would say work and live as close to downtown as possible… sure there are people everywhere but there is a HUGE value in being able to walk everywhere.

i often forget where i park my car, not seeing it for days and weeks (ok weeks is a lie) and i likely need to drive more than your average joe with the whole real estate thang.

i can understand going out to the burbs to get away from the traffic, but seriously it is like langley and coq and delta and shit like that are SUPER busy and drive me way crazier than downtown ever could

turn off sigs…it will change your life

July 13, 2004, 11:52 p.m.

yes, small towns are far more civilized, but jobs are pretty much nada…..unless you know someone, or bring your own business…..
Victoria is pretty cool, but kinda flat…..
Even with this massive growth, grid lock, and crime…..Van still Rocks….shhh.
Oh I miss the good old days, when we were a small sleepy city……what happened???????? That was not even 10 years ago.
Where did all you people come from?

July 14, 2004, 12:22 a.m.

out of that list i have to choose kamloops.. as you said everything is there..lakes, skiresorts, plenty of riding..shuswap lake is an hour away…van is still not far away at 3 hours.

then again ireland is a great place to live too…friendliest people ever and the landscape blows my mind.

GW has a good point too…i lived downtown for a few weeks and it is quite nice and fairly quiet too.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.
This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight D. Eisenhower "The Chance for Peace" 1953

July 14, 2004, 12:26 a.m.

thanks all the input people.

i could NEVER live downtown. i stayed with some friends that live down there and i need my space. there is a need for me to go outside and have a nice yard and whatnot.

right now its a ireland and kamloops. more kamloops than ireland. realistically it would probably be too much paperwork and redtape to be able to do that. one day though.

whats the job situation like in the loops?? good, bad, average??

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

July 14, 2004, 12:44 a.m.

it depends what your looking for really…computers etc..is not so good i believe..hospitalitiy industry is pretty good…anything heavy equipment will get you a job real quick.

mudpuppy will know more..hes been through the move-to-kamloops-find-a-job thing.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.
This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight D. Eisenhower "The Chance for Peace" 1953

July 14, 2004, 12:45 a.m.

The jobs are there in Kamloops, you just have to search. Whenever I lose a job/get laid off I always seem to find another one within a month or so.

Sun Peaks is Rockin

July 14, 2004, 2:37 a.m.

Yeah I moved up to "Loops for a while. But you really don't want my opinion, I hated it for the most part. There is some nice stuff up there and good riding in the summer (from what I hear…only rode like once or twice). But the polution is crappy, the stank of the mill is crappy the jobs (IT that is, if your a tradesman you should do allright) are crappy, everything being brown for most of the year and when its not brown its frozen and slushy, and all the billy bobs are crappy. But the spring is pretty nice, the few weeks there is green and not uber hot up there is nice. Anyway I am back in Victoria now and it is great….so happy to be back where things are green and the ocean is right there…ahhhhhh. Anyway good luck on your search…..

July 14, 2004, 3:40 a.m.

damn i forgot all about the pollution from the mill.

this really sucks. we have til the end of september to decide where we wanna setup. oh well.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

July 14, 2004, 6:39 a.m.

Nelson is mecca after that I would choose mid island.

to bad my wife wont move there:(

July 14, 2004, 11:57 a.m.

I'd definetly say Nelson, this place is fucking rad or Rossland maybe. lots of biking,scenery,skiing and whatever else.
not too many jobs i guess but theres always soemthing

- bike sexual