Where is the Cheapest Beer in GVRD?, Tell me NBR

Dec. 1, 2011, 10:04 a.m.

The Mighty team meetings happen at the Whip, and I very often don't go because I can't justify a $7 pint or $24 pitcher. Same with Alibi Room: even higher prices. I'm just not THAT into drinking good tap beer.

That said, anybody know a place that carries the Storm Scottish Cream Ale? That was the one thing that could draw me to the Whip, but they stopped bringing it in at least a year and a half ago.

flickr

Dec. 1, 2011, 10:11 a.m.

looks good. have you been to boundary bay in b'ham? fantastic beers. used to be a standard detour after a day of boarding @ baker.

We always cross at Sumas, have a cabin in Glacier so we also stumble to Graham's which is decent, with an interesting history.

just re-opened too, food is good as well.

http://www.mountbakerexperience.com/09-11_article11.html

Also good bike riding there too.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Dec. 1, 2011, 10:16 a.m.

After duty there are no savings when importing beer from the us.

The met has some good drink specials and some interesting characters.

unless you are importing more than two 12-packs the border guards rarely bother you send you inside to pay taxes on the beer, provided that you accurately declare you have it when you're at the window…

"Bicycling is a healthy and manly pursuit with much to recommend it, and, unlike other foolish crazes, it has not died out."
- The Daily Telegraph (1877)

Dec. 1, 2011, 10:17 a.m.

looks good. have you been to boundary bay in b'ham? fantastic beers. used to be a standard detour after a day of boarding @ baker.

Casa Que Pasa.. holy shit-awesome burritos.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/casa-que-pasa-bellingham

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Dec. 1, 2011, 10:19 a.m.

have a cabin in Glacier

damn you. granted, i haven't been to baker since i moved to van, but such a great hill. many a fantastic day up there. was up there back in the mbhc days; pretty cool scene.

Dec. 1, 2011, 11 a.m.

casa que pasa has an interesting backstory. the original owner spent all his money on coke (not the kind you drink) and didn't pay taxes for many years. faithful burrito customers showed up one day to find it padlocked and an IRS seizure notice pasted to the door. it was sold at auction to new management and has continued with the awesome burritos since then.

"Bicycling is a healthy and manly pursuit with much to recommend it, and, unlike other foolish crazes, it has not died out."
- The Daily Telegraph (1877)

Dec. 1, 2011, 11:24 a.m.

casa que pasa has an interesting backstory. the original owner spent all his money on coke (not the kind you drink) and didn't pay taxes for many years. faithful burrito customers showed up one day to find it padlocked and an IRS seizure notice pasted to the door. it was sold at auction to new management and has continued with the awesome burritos since then.

sick.. the Fried Potato one I had was crazy..

Dec. 1, 2011, 11:49 a.m.

That said, anybody know a place that carries the Storm Scottish Cream Ale? That was the one thing that could draw me to the Whip, but they stopped bringing it in at least a year and a half ago.

list of where they have different storm brews on tap:
http://www.stormbrewing.org/ontap.html

On a side note, Storm is great for ordering kegs:
130$ gets you a 37.85L keg with CO2 tank and bar style pull tap.

:canada: :czech:

Dec. 1, 2011, 4:14 p.m.

Now this is using the internet for public good.
so different when I was younger.
still cheap beer, always finds a crowd.
g

FVMBA Website

Dec. 1, 2011, 9:59 p.m.

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!
after a slow start I knew the board could help with this one.
I knew there were some one's that I was missing and it looks like a riding and burrito weekend is needed just south of the border.

Now back to the usual NBR

Bewbs

and

Heavy equipment

Dec. 1, 2011, 10:35 p.m.

I was at Joey on Broadway tonight. Pale ales were $2.99 and the talent show was on. Good deal as far as I could tell.

Dec. 1, 2011, 11:08 p.m.

just went to Burrard Public House in PoMo that just opened today..

pretty good beers on tap. The usual crap, but also have:

- Driftwood Ale
- Russel Blood Alley Biiter
- Russel Angry Scotch
- Howe Sound Father Winter Ale
- Howe Sound Devils Elbow IPA

Dec. 1, 2011, 11:15 p.m.

I thought I saw it at the Cascade on main, but doesnt look like its on that list.. Tho foundation is on the list, and theyve got good nachos!

Dec. 1, 2011, 11:34 p.m.

seriously? did you look at my previous links?

St. Augustines has 6% of a keg left, you could be drinking it right now!!

Dec. 1, 2011, 11:35 p.m.

We always cross at Sumas, have a cabin in Glacier so we also stumble to Graham's which is decent, with an interesting history.

just re-opened too, food is good as well.

http://www.mountbakerexperience.com/09-11_article11.html

Also good bike riding there too.

Haha that place is a riot!

I was staying at a buddies' cabin last winter in Glacier so we decided to roll over there for tequilla shots. When I walked in there were 2 things that i immediatly noticed: There was a bitchin' band playing, and the place just reaked of weed! When I went to the bar to get some shots the girl says "sorry we only have beer and saki, this is a tavern. not a bar" so i asked for a round of saki for my friends and I and the girl says "sorry we're out of saki."

I drank beer.