Where do I buy a TV in this town/best cable deals

Dec. 15, 2015, 12:10 p.m.

If you can wait a few weeks we got a screaming deal last year at The Brick.

Dec. 15, 2015, 12:36 p.m.

who the fuck pays for cable tv anymore

You are definitely going to be one hell of a grumpy old man.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Dec. 15, 2015, 12:52 p.m.

who the fuck pays for cable tv anymore

Do you have a clever way to steal it or are you talking about something like Captain Snappy's work around?

What kind of warranty w/open box store?

Good point sprinter………xxx'er they butt rape you when you're found out!:eek:

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Dec. 15, 2015, 1:27 p.m.

Research and then buy your TV online. Although I got mine from Bestbuy on a Boxing Day sale. (Someone else's sale and Bestbuy had their price match guarantee). Get the cheapest most unlimited internet you can get in your area then install Kodi. Probably TechSavvy or Novus.

http://www.htpcbeginner.com/best-kodi-addons-2015-for-cordcutters/

Dec. 15, 2015, 2:08 p.m.

how do I watch PVR'd seahawks games without it?

Local cable doesn't really offer the content I'm looking for, so my use case probably doesn't match yours. Nonetheless, I pick up sports content at a few sites to get my fix. It really depends on what content/quality you're looking for. You can stream mostly anything you want to watch and if you're not hooked to the tube, you'll probably come out ahead on what a monthly cable bill will cost you. Just my two cents…

There are other ways to pick up the Hawks, but I pay for gamepass because I want to watch them in 1080. 112$ usd for full season (note: to get this price you also have to have unotelly or some equivalent to make it look like you're in South America). This gives you access to all nfl games live and otherwise. If you just want to follow a single team, there is a cheaper option. Gamepass also has a late season package which I'm sure is a fair bit cheaper at this point.

I subscribe to Sling TV for everything ESPN (and NBA on TNT). For 19.99 month, I get more sports than I have time for. I also pick up Pac-12 Network international for 16/month during college basketball season (probably not much demand for that here;-)).

Dec. 15, 2015, 2:55 p.m.

How much Internet data usage does streaming a football game use up?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Dec. 15, 2015, 3:12 p.m.

How much Internet data usage does streaming a football game use up?

Without looking at my usage, I'd guess 5-8GB on average @ 1080.

Dec. 15, 2015, 3:30 p.m.

That's not bad. Can watch a lot of games with a home ISP 150GB plan (which is around the minimum).

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

Dec. 15, 2015, 4:15 p.m.

That's not bad. Can watch a lot of games with a home ISP 150GB plan (which is around the minimum).

Yeah, I have a large limit because I work from home, but I don't think I've ever exceeded 100GB in a month from streaming "TV".

Dec. 15, 2015, 5:35 p.m.

You can try surf Internet. I use them for Internet and they have basic tv for cheap. I only have their internet but they are going to be adding specialty chanels in the new year.

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

Dec. 15, 2015, 5:39 p.m.

There are other ways to pick up the Hawks, but I pay for gamepass because I want to watch them in 1080. 112$ usd for full season (note: to get this price you also have to have unotelly or some equivalent to make it look like you're in South America). This gives you access to all nfl games live and otherwise. If you just want to follow a single team, there is a cheaper option. Gamepass also has a late season package which I'm sure is a fair bit cheaper at this point.

I've never bothered looking into this but think I will next year.

How much is GamePass for Canadians? How do they not use your billing address to assess what to charge you? Do you have a South American CC?

Dec. 15, 2015, 5:40 p.m.

I've never bothered looking into this but think I will next year.

How much is GamePass for Canadians? How do they not use your billing address to assess what to charge you? Do you have a South American CC?

I forgot to ask.. when I look there now, they mention I can watch the SuperBowl and the playoff games of 2015… but no mention of the ones coming up. WTF is up with that? Will you be able to watch them?

Dec. 15, 2015, 6:01 p.m.

How much is GamePass for Canadians?

At the beginning of the year, I think it was roughly 50-75$ more expensive than the Brazilian sign up. Maybe 170-ish USD. The small catch is that there is a restriction on Sunday night and Monday night games for Canadians and Australians. I can't remember the specifics, but check the fine print.

How do they not use your billing address to assess what to charge you? Do you have a South American CC?

I know, ridiculous right! They seem to rely on IP monitoring for everything. Set the region in Unotelly to Brazil, Brazilian currency shows up. I paid on a US credit card linked to a US billing address.

Dec. 15, 2015, 6:40 p.m.

I forgot to ask.. when I look there now, they mention I can watch the SuperBowl and the playoff games of 2015… but no mention of the ones coming up. WTF is up with that? Will you be able to watch them?

When I look there now, I see offers for "end of season pricing", but nothing to indicate that you wouldn't get the upcoming games. That said, I remember being confused by advertising verbiage when I signed up for the same package a couple years ago. Nothing to lose by starting a free 7 day trial on Sunday;-) Note, it does look like the end of season pricing is 20 USD more expensive in Canada (99.99 CAD and 214.99 BRL).

Plenty of free documentation on Unotelly's site with all the details.

Dec. 15, 2015, 7:15 p.m.

Thanks man. I'm using PIA and can exit out of any continent I need to…

How long until the "Condensed" version is online? During the week or immediately after the game?