When war is required

July 27, 2008, 1:29 a.m.

Back on topic.

This is a crisis where the best thing to deploy is Commandos and Special Forces teams. When I say SF I mean units like the SAS who have a great deal of experience in dealing with thses wars.

These small teams live on the land and in the villages. They train the locals to defend their villages against these hostiles. And engage the enemy at the same level.

The SAS did it on the Jebel years ago and in the Sudan.

in military terms, it is very straightforward; elite, highly disciplined, and (more or less) moral forces who can defend, and train the "good guy" villagers, SAS, Blackwater mercs, CSOR, .. pretty high probability of success.. but a short term success

however, like biopace was saying, how do we ensure that the "good guys" don't decide to exact revenge (and then some) on the former "bad guys"/janjaweed, and prevent them, with the advanced military training they have recieved, from becoming the very animals/rapists/terrorists they were supposed to stand up against? the military solution has a role, but it is short term solution.. im not sure if im stating the obvious, but i think fundamentally, this is a social/cultural problem

a long term solution involves educating the children, the future, on how wrong the current mentality/addiction to hate is, and hopefully it will start a gradual change in mindset of continuous back-and-forth revenge by one side on another..bring in the expats, who have a broader mindset, and education, like the medical student in the article.. they can relate to the victims, the various factions, and show them how to truly resolve things

but there is a military role; there has to be some kind of stability before this education can take place and have a lasting effect

aside: many years ago, i read an article in SOF mag, about this former spec. forces operator who lived, worked, and trained decent Sudanese villagers, by himself, training them be more effective in using their rudimentary AK47s, tactics, manuvers and such.. i wish i could find that article.. apparently he was funded by private donations

July 27, 2008, 4:33 a.m.

I'm sorry I didn't reply earlier, I was riding my bike. Maybe you should try doing that sometime instead of being an armchair general.

Yes actually, I was with KFOR Roto 0. I call bullshit on your "general" who is actually a sergeant (big difference in rank, not to mention that one sergeant does not equal "some generals".. learn some math maybe?). I can call up a couple of Majors, a Lt Colonel, a couple of Captains, some Master Warrant Officers, some Warrant Officers, some Sergeants, some Master Corporals, some Corporals, and some Privates who would gladly come to your house and give you a wonderful presentation on how full of crap you are.

I'd also love to see the general who was put in charge of guarding a monastery. Usually their training level would place them in the position of being in control of much more than that, but since this is you were are talking about, I'm not really surprised.

Again I don't know his "position" in the military.

So you served in kosovo yes? Instead of spouting out hate bs against serbs why don't you tell us your side of the bombin errr story.

July 27, 2008, 4:59 a.m.

So you served in kosovo yes? Instead of spouting out hate bs against serbs why don't you tell us your side of the bombin errr story.

but you're the one who says you know generals. or don't you read what you post. You don't know anyone who served or is in the military do you. instead of making up fiction just admit it.

Your reading comprehension skills seem to be lacking, no one here has denegrated the serbian people, just put the blame squarely where it belongs. The only one spewing any hate towards anyone has been YOU.

i'm a has been, trying to be a never was on the comeback trail.

July 27, 2008, 5:55 a.m.

Alright I'll rephase my story.

When I was in arizona vising st anthony's holy monastary in 2006, I stayed with a mexican family by the name of Ortega. Now their daughter, angelica was baptized by a man by the name of Leonidas, who is greek orthodox but half greek half american. He had served 20 years in the United States Military and had recently retired because he wanted to take care of his kids. He spent time in the Gulf war, served some time in africa in 1995 and was sent to kosovo. I do not know his exact position in the military though but I do know he lead a battalion. When I went to his house for greek easter, we sat in his living room talking about arizona, religion etc… when I looked on his mantle and asked him why there was a holy communion chalace on his fireplace. He explained to me everything about Kosovo, KLA, KFOR, and the looting of monastaries by US soldiers/Vagrants/albanians etc…

Anyways time goes on and he tells me that he bought the chalice from one of his friends who served with him, when he took it back home "as a soveigneir". He had bought it earlier that week with intention to give to a serbian monastary that is in fresno, california, which he did do.

And in 2003, When I was in greece (I was 17 at the time) I spent alot of time with my "exomologity" or in english spiritual father who at that time had recieved a job as a bishop. I've known Father Timothio my whole life, as he came to canada in 1999 on a pilgrimage to visit my dying mother, who he had known his whole life. He took me to Mount Athos, and then asked me if I wanted to travel to a monastary in serbia called "high decani". He warned me about the tension in the area but told me we would be travelling with military supervision. It was there that I met several priests, diaspora, pilgrams who told me the attrocities of the serb state.

So you guys can keep calling me a liar, but I don't care anymore. That's my story.

July 27, 2008, 5:55 a.m.

Oh and I don't understand how I'm spewing hate by supporting my orthodox and serbian brother in arms.

You guys can call me a religious nut, you guys can call me a hypocrite because I surround my self in an environment that contradicts my religion, BUT I NEVER FORGET where I came from, and religion has shaped me into the person I am today. A person who never cheats, steals, lies and acts immorally towards others. Everyday I thank god for giving me the will to live and the will to keep moving even though any other person in my position would have gave up. I owe my life to this "fake invisible entity" that NSMB keeps referring him to and state in a way that they are right.

Without the light I am nothing. I am a box that will rot in the ground. The contents of the box is more important that my earthly needs.

I am done with this thread.

Continue to cyber bully me until I fall into a depressed state again.

July 27, 2008, 8 a.m.

You guys can call me a religious nut,

Well, since you asked. Tunnel visioned religious wack job.

That's so nice. Let's blame others for your mental state. Sure like I travelled thousands of miles just to put a gun to your head and order you to be depressed.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

July 27, 2008, 8:18 a.m.

religion has shaped me into the person I am today.

1. i assume the church isn't asking you to be a spokesperson?

2. way to drop the magic words "cyber bullying"

you know what? YOU came into this thread from out of nowhere and said things that weren't true. you got called on them and of course backed away from your first post and tried to make this about something else.

you (when you are proven to be wrong or lying) defend yourself by saying you are the ultimate troll. then you say you are being bullied and are going to get into a "depressed state"

well i speak for the group when i say, be a man for once in your life. this isn't "bullying" - people are calling you out on your bullshit , same as they would to me, nat bailey or enduramil.

speaking of nat and enduramil, they are on the far opposite sides of the political spectrum - yet they are able to debate and act like men. sure they throw a few jabs at each other , but at the end of the day they both get to say what they wish (even once we dogpile on endi on behalf of nat.

you aren't a child anymore. give your vagina a quick wipe and get real. either stay on the BB at continue to say your opinions (fyi is anyone says milosevich was defending himself and innocent serbs and nothing more they will get called out) or go away.

if it bothers you or gets you depressed, or you feeling like a victim of bullying, log off.

turn off sigs…it will change your life

July 27, 2008, 9:11 a.m.

I'm not spouting hate against the Serbs, and if you go back and read you'll see that I am explicit in my distaste for the atrocities committed by all sides. Nobody in that conflict has clean hands.

As for the bombing, I didn't see anything but the aftermath as I was sitting in Macedonia, waiting for orders to go in. We (the ground forces) didn't go in until the bombing stopped and the Serb army agreed to pull out. I know guys who were in Aviano, Italy supporting the planes doing the bombing, but I don't pay much attention to them as they spent most of their time sunning themselves on Italian beaches while we were sleeping under canvas. Stupid Air Force and their booze and beaches and babes.

What do you really want to know, about the Albanian girl who worked in our camp who lost her entire family to the Serbs? Or the Serb who fired an RPG into a crowd of his own people because there was a family in there who helped some of the Albanian refugees? Or the packs of dogs roving the countryside, abandoned by their owners and thus turning feral? Or the stench of rotting meat through the summer as the bodies in the fields and undiscovered in burnt-out houses decomposed?

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

July 27, 2008, 9:23 a.m.

Everyday I thank god for giving me the will to live and the will to keep moving even though any other person in my position would have gave up.

You are one narcissistic sonofabitch aren't you?

Here you are living a comfortable western lifestyle and you came into a thread about schoolgirls getting gang-raped by soldiers and start talking about "your struggle". I know some shitty things have happened to you but common man, try putting things into perspective a bit.

Usually I stay out of the typical majin bashing that goes on around here but this is too much…

www.natooke.com

July 27, 2008, 10:38 a.m.

This is Meg,

Why instead of you dragging this out, didn't you just post your story 5 pages ago. If you had done that it might have given some credence to your story.

But you didn;t you went with lies, half truths and implications and then accuse the other good people of bullying you when all they are doing when they are calling you on bullshit. Can't you see why you have no credibility.

What everybody is saying to you, is that EVERYONE Involved was responsible for the atrocities. Only you are saying the Serbs are innocent and then in the next breath saying that's not what you are saying.

Again i will say this to you, you only visited (under military supervision) you were only showed what Serbs wanted you to see, you were not shown the complete picture of what was happening in the region. You have never lived there, worked there and experienced the sheer terror of what it is really like to be an innocent caught in a war zone. A weeklong visit to a monestary does not make you an stru[HTML_REMOVED]#269;njak or [HTML_REMOVED]#956;[HTML_REMOVED]#953;[HTML_REMOVED]#945; [HTML_REMOVED]#945;[HTML_REMOVED]#961;[HTML_REMOVED]#967;[HTML_REMOVED]#942; on the topic at hand which is this:

Dafur will be the Holocaust of the 21st Century. It is already well on its way, if good people don't step up and stop the annihalation of innocents.

July 27, 2008, 11:04 a.m.

Oh and I don't understand how I'm spewing hate by supporting my orthodox and serbian brother in arms.

I am done with this thread.

QUOTE]

Meg, again

Are you really this dense.
Because in supporting "brothers in arms" no matter who they are one perpetuates the sorrow, one condones their actions and says it is all right go ahead and rape and murder babies.

What you should be doing (and especially some one as christian as you claim to be and the rest of the rational free world is doing) is to call for your brothers to put down thier arms, to stop the carnage, to live in peace, to be accepting of others as Christ, Allah, Buddha and all dieties teach us do to.

July 27, 2008, 11:45 a.m.

I'm not spouting hate against the Serbs, and if you go back and read you'll see that I am explicit in my distaste for the atrocities committed by all sides. Nobody in that conflict has clean hands.

As for the bombing, I didn't see anything but the aftermath as I was sitting in Macedonia, waiting for orders to go in. We (the ground forces) didn't go in until the bombing stopped and the Serb army agreed to pull out. I know guys who were in Aviano, Italy supporting the planes doing the bombing, but I don't pay much attention to them as they spent most of their time sunning themselves on Italian beaches while we were sleeping under canvas. Stupid Air Force and their booze and beaches and babes.

What do you really want to know, about the Albanian girl who worked in our camp who lost her entire family to the Serbs? Or the Serb who fired an RPG into a crowd of his own people because there was a family in there who helped some of the Albanian refugees? Or the packs of dogs roving the countryside, abandoned by their owners and thus turning feral? Or the stench of rotting meat through the summer as the bodies in the fields and undiscovered in burnt-out houses decomposed?

So true.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

July 27, 2008, 11:57 a.m.

well i speak for the group when i say, be a man for once in your life. this isn't "bullying" - people are calling you out on your bullshit , same as they would to me, nat bailey or enduramil.

speaking of nat and enduramil, they are on the far opposite sides of the political spectrum - yet they are able to debate and act like men. sure they throw a few jabs at each other , but at the end of the day they both get to say what they wish (even once we dogpile on endi on behalf of nat.

Thank you.

Faithless using the example GW used of Nat and I. Well, unlike the Balkan faction you seem to support I understand freedom. Which means that even though I think Nat is a Hippie and think his ideas are crazy. And even though I disagree with Nat I will still if called upon fight to he sure he retains those freedoms that allow him to be different.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

July 27, 2008, 12:01 p.m.

This is Meg,

Why instead of you dragging this out, didn't you just post your story 5 pages ago. If you had done that it might have given some credence to your story.

But you didn;t you went with lies, half truths and implications and then accuse the other good people of bullying you when all they are doing when they are calling you on bullshit. Can't you see why you have no credibility.

What everybody is saying to you, is that EVERYONE Involved was responsible for the atrocities. Only you are saying the Serbs are innocent and then in the next breath saying that's not what you are saying.

Again i will say this to you, you only visited (under military supervision) you were only showed what Serbs wanted you to see, you were not shown the complete picture of what was happening in the region. You have never lived there, worked there and experienced the sheer terror of what it is really like to be an innocent caught in a war zone. A weeklong visit to a monestary does not make you an stru[HTML_REMOVED]#269;njak or [HTML_REMOVED]#956;[HTML_REMOVED]#953;[HTML_REMOVED]#945; [HTML_REMOVED]#945;[HTML_REMOVED]#961;[HTML_REMOVED]#967;[HTML_REMOVED]#942; on the topic at hand which is this:

Dafur will be the Holocaust of the 21st Century. It is already well on its way, if good people don't step up and stop the annihalation of innocents.

Well put meg.

And a philospher once said years ago,

"All that is necessary for evil triumph is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke- 1700's

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

July 27, 2008, 1:07 p.m.

Well put meg.

And a philospher once said years ago,

"All that is necessary for evil triumph is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke- 1700's

or "The road to hell is paved with good intentions".

Reps for Feral - anyone who went in with KFOR Roto 0 deserves lots of Reps.

and WOW - imajin sure walked into it this time.

Faithless/imajin - I don't know you personally from a hole in the wall - I try to limit my criticism to the content of your posts - so - when you post - use your brain - post the truth - if something is your opinion - own it as your opinion. Remember who the audience on this board is (and it is a very sophisticated audience representing a wide range of viewpoints, knowledge, intellect and life experience). If you spew BS and false accusations - you will be called on it and getting all upset and being an idiot when you post will just get you banned (again).

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca