When war is required

July 25, 2008, 2:34 p.m.

Kosovo was like that. Take weapons away from the Serbs to keep them from killing Albanians, and the Albanians turned around and started revenge killings on the Serbs. No wonder this stuff takes generations to work out.

Don't get me started on kosovo.

The albanians have been murdering serbs for 300 years. They are still being murdered today. The media fed the west so much BS it made me sick.

July 25, 2008, 2:37 p.m.

The albanians have been murdering serbs for 300 years. They are still being murdered today. The media fed the west so much BS it made me sick.

That kind of thinking is what propels such behavior. "they've been murdering us for XXX number of years, they all deserve what is coming to them". Get it, Faithless?

all investing is is a type of arbitrage, and thats not gambling. theres an element of risk and potential of profit involved, but those are broad and dont qualify somthing as gambling.

most Christians I know, myself included, would say that science is the way through which we learn about everything that God has created, but we learn at the pace which he sets for us.

July 25, 2008, 2:40 p.m.

That kind of thinking is what propels such behavior. "they've been murdering us for XXX number of years, they all deserve what is coming to them". Get it, Faithless?

Do you relize why russia, serbia and any "eastern" state is up in arms about kosovo declaring independence?

That did nothing but fuel this hatred.

Even today serbs are still being murdered, their businesses are being destroyed and monasteries are still under KFOR protection.

And the actions of milosivich was to protect the serbs that were being murdered and attacked every day.

July 25, 2008, 2:52 p.m.

if i recall correctly, china has made significant investments to develop deposits of oil/resources in that area; facilities, trained personnel, fighter jets…

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7503428.stm

July 25, 2008, 2:58 p.m.

Do you relize why russia, serbia and any "eastern" state is up in arms about kosovo declaring independence?

Even today serbs are still being murdered, their businesses are being destroyed and monasteries are still under KFOR protection.

And the actions of milosivich was to protect the serbs that were being murdered and attacked every day.

Hmm - take a look at what happened in Ireland - did further war and conflict bring an end to Oranges bashing Greenies? Nope - it took talking - lots and lots of talking. This too was an ancient - historical conflict that leaked into modern times (i.e. Brits trying to dominate Irish)

Don't try and convince anyone that the Serbs are pure and virginal as white driven snow - they have comitted their own share of atrocities - and I bet you absolutely no one knows the original reason why. Thus humaity carries on as it has for millenia.

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

July 25, 2008, 2:58 p.m.

Yeah? Bothers you eh? Have you ever been there? No? Then shut the hell up and stay in your lane.

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

July 25, 2008, 3:05 p.m.

Time to learn some politics - the UN ends up sitting around because China, Russia, UK, France and US have veto's on the security council - so unless action is in ALL of the member states best interests - nothing happens. It's usually the US who says "no" to most aggressive humanitarian missions.

[SARC]So you are telling me that the UN is ineffective and never reacts to a humanitarian crisis because of the special interests of the members of the security council!! Ground breaking. Thanks for the lesson in politics.[SARC/]

July 25, 2008, 3:06 p.m.

the day the people of the world learn to stop relying on the UN to solve problems will be a good one. theyve proved their uselessness with respect to genocide. its a beaurocracy at its worst, they sit around arguing how bad it is and if they should call it genocide all the while people die. nations need to start stepping up by themselves and with their friends.

July 25, 2008, 3:07 p.m.

the day the people of the world learn to stop relying on the UN to solve problems will be a good one. theyve proved their uselessness with respect to genocide. its a beaurocracy at its worst, they sit around arguing how bad it is and if they should call it genocide all the while people die. nations need to start stepping up by themselves and with their friends.

But isn't this how the war in Iraq happened?

July 25, 2008, 3:13 p.m.

And what media outlet fed you that load of BS? What did anyone have to fear from the women and children he had killed?

July 25, 2008, 3:14 p.m.

But isn't this how the war in Iraq happened?

well it happened because the us acted independently (sort of) of the UN. however it also goes to show how completely useless the organization is in their inability to effect any sort of punishment on the US. my statement is that if the UN didnt exist, the world wouldn't be drastically different.

July 25, 2008, 3:15 p.m.

i sometimes wonder, if intervention by nations would cause economic/political fallout.. perhaps action thru unofficial channels (along the lines of a certain South African and his Mi-24?) might be better.. my thought is that ANY possible unintended consequences from that would be better than the current situation

July 25, 2008, 3:58 p.m.

[SARC]So you are telling me that the UN is ineffective and never reacts to a humanitarian crisis because of the special interests of the members of the security council!! Ground breaking. Thanks for the lesson in politics.[SARC/]

Hey - you're the one that came up with the "failed state watch list" idea (as good as it is). Unfortunately, most of the big 5 could care less.

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

July 25, 2008, 6:19 p.m.

i sometimes wonder, if intervention by nations would cause economic/political fallout.. perhaps action thru unofficial channels (along the lines of a certain South African and his Mi-24?) might be better.. my thought is that ANY possible unintended consequences from that would be better than the current situation

Two words: Power Vacuum. More fighting, more factions, more extreme activities as the factions fight to outdo each other. More opportunity for other players (Russia? China? Iran? The US? Europe?*) to step in.

Not saying it wouldn't work; just pointing out the major issue.

• from each other's points of view, I mean
July 25, 2008, 6:39 p.m.

united abominations

Ha Ha! Made you look.