Whats your brightside POV from COVID?

April 6, 2020, 7:49 a.m.

Except when you put in your movie you have 7 previews to skip through and then you're still not watching the movie you're at the fucking menu screen, putting even more bullshit between you and the movie you now no longer want to watch.

April 6, 2020, 8:46 a.m.

Posted by: thaaad

Posted by: Mic

And I honestly am fed up with streaming. I miss the good old days of renting a film or even buy one...unpacking....celebrating the movie. Not just clicking an icon and binge watchibg whatever whenever.

My favorite parts of watching a movie were the trip to the rental store and the hour spent picking out a movie.

And then returning it a week late.  $25.00 to watch Howard the Duck.

April 6, 2020, 8:48 a.m.

And I honestly am fed up with streaming. I miss the good old days of renting a film or even buy one...unpacking....celebrating the movie. Not just clicking an icon and binge watchibg whatever whenever.

My favorite parts of watching a movie were the trip to the rental store and the hour spent picking out a movie.

Used to go to Odessey video on Lonsdale before we moved. Guy has 1000s of titles. Miss browsing the movies like that. Unfortunately he was holding on for dear life keeping that business open im sure he is toast now. Too bad super nice guy with really good what to watch advice.

April 6, 2020, 12:54 p.m.

Yes. And chatting with other customers or the owner. 

Now...streaming is just mindless consumption somehow. 

Same with bike movies back then. 

Oh....I sound like an old and bitter man, shaking his fiat at the sky.

April 6, 2020, 12:55 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

But...others were worth it. Definitely.

April 6, 2020, 4:04 p.m.

Are you saying you didn't love Howard the Duck?

April 8, 2020, 11:24 a.m.

well, sorr..but I have never seen Howard the Duck.....I was thinking along the lines of certain actresses. 

By the way, is Gooch still alive?

April 8, 2020, 9:52 p.m.

well, sorr..but I have never seen Howard the Duck.....I was thinking along the lines of certain actresses. 

By the way, is Gooch still alive?

Someone bring the Gooch Signal out of deep storage.

April 16, 2020, 9:18 p.m.

I built a horse shoe pit in the backyard. Still have to fine tune it. Sand needs to be deeper, maybe a 2 x 8 backboard. Don't feel like standing in line at Home Deppo to get supplies.

April 16, 2020, 9:26 p.m.

Right now I am highly loving not working till 10:30pm at night. It's going to be hard going returning to that schedule when we go back to work.

April 16, 2020, 9:27 p.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

I built a horse shoe pit in the backyard. Still have to fine tune it. Sand needs to be deeper, maybe a 2 x 8 backboard. Don't feel like standing in line at Home Deppo to get supplies.

I'm in and out of there regularly Stu so I can pick up some supplies for you and drop em off if you want. Lemme know.

April 16, 2020, 11:57 p.m.

Who’s old enough and cheap enough that they remember renting the VCR to go with their movie?   Now, that was a big deal evening with the parents!

( sorry, I refuse to keep quoting the movie rental messages)

April 17, 2020, 1:44 a.m.

I do, I remember renting gaming consoles as well.

May 10, 2020, 8:27 a.m.

Since I can't get a haircut I'm growing a pretty sweet Jagr mullet.

May 10, 2020, 12:02 p.m.

We never talked about a time line but the tennant only took advantage of 1/2 price rent for 1 month,  and she is back to sending me full $$$ ... i just let it slide