Whats your brightside POV from COVID?

March 28, 2020, 9:33 p.m.

Posted by: heckler

NSMB forum is getting more traffic than just Tungsten and Shogun talking to themselves. πŸ‘πŸ‘

Just 'cause you got nothin' to say....pfffffffft

March 29, 2020, 7:39 a.m.

Posted by: tungsten

NSMB forum is getting more traffic than just Tungsten and Shogun talking to themselves. πŸ‘πŸ‘

Or maybe he’s just got better things to do.

March 29, 2020, 11:31 a.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

Right now? No he doesnt.

March 29, 2020, 10:14 p.m.

With both craft brews shut down I'm spending a whole bunch less money on Beer, almost nothing on gas which has gone down, not spending money to ski or apres skiing

but I had to cut the rent so not making as much $$$ from the tenant, $ wise its probably a wash or actualy maybe I'm a little ahead

Last edited by: XXX_er on March 29, 2020, 10:22 p.m., edited 3 times in total.
March 30, 2020, 8:11 a.m.

Been riding and running, doing weights pretty much everyday since I was laid off 3 weeks ago. Down 10 pounds, wanna lose 10 more. Don't have an excuse ..... Almost like being a pro athlete not having a job.

March 30, 2020, 8:47 a.m.

Posted by: Brocklanders

Been riding and running, doing weights pretty much everyday since I was laid off 3 weeks ago. Down 10 pounds, wanna lose 10 more. Don't have an excuse ..... Almost like being a pro athlete not having a job.

Close.Β  Just none of the supercars, mansions, A-list celebrity wives and D-list celebrity mistresses.

March 30, 2020, 9:07 a.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

Posted by: Brocklanders

Close. Just none of the supercars, mansions, A-list celebrity wives and D-list celebrity mistresses.

Great response, you got me there I actually did laugh out loud.

Last edited by: Brocklanders on March 30, 2020, 9:14 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 30, 2020, 9:20 a.m.

For those thinking about building a manual machine.

Now on day 3.

I can now stay in position without a safety rope fon average 30 - 45 secs sometimes longer. Even did a one hander a couple of times.

Going to take it outside today and see if my new found confidence actually improves my usual 3 sec manual.

April 1, 2020, 3:29 p.m.

TSN is showing the ACL Cornhole Championships.Β  Add a six pack, and what more could you ask for?

April 1, 2020, 3:41 p.m.

Posted by: Kieran

Now on day 3.

I can now stay in position without a safety rope fon average 30 - 45 secs sometimes longer. Even did a one hander a couple of times.

Going to take it outside today and see if my new found confidence actually improves my usual 3 sec manual.

I have nothing but time and also no idea how to build this. Obviously for manuals on le bicyclette?

April 1, 2020, 4:22 p.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

Not anymore.Β 

Canada announced 75% emergency wage subsidy for all businesses.Β 

https://www.canada.ca/en/department-finance/news/2020/04/the-canada-emergency-wage-subsidy.html

April 1, 2020, 5:11 p.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

Posted by: Kieran

Now on day 3.

I have nothing but time and also no idea how to build this. Obviously for manuals on le bicyclette?

https://www.lunchridemtb.com/plans scroll down past the ramp.

And its helped a little I think, still doing 3 sec manuals but I feel less afraid of popping off the back of the bike.

Last edited by: Kieran on April 1, 2020, 5:14 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
April 3, 2020, 1:29 p.m.

School was closed almost three weeks ago, had to read some essays...finished that...and with bikeparks in Europe probably not opening for spring (or summer even...who knows?)... I bought a gravel bike to replace my old beat-down commuter. Been riding and collecting miles almost daily.

Still plan on buying a used DH bike tho as well, if all goes well.Β 

Now on to an official two-week break, my kiddo is here with me and since we do not have any curfew we either go riding or digging tomorrow. And will do so on repeat until next week Wednesday when I drop him off at his mother's.

Lots of riding. Lots of lifting and martial arts practise. Still all a bit weird tho.

Good to read that most of you are alive and kicking. And that Zee Board is doing fine as well.

And I honestly am fed up with streaming. I miss the good old days of renting a film or even buy one...unpacking....celebrating the movie. Not just clicking an icon and binge watchibg whatever whenever.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Last edited by: Mic on April 3, 2020, 1:32 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
April 5, 2020, 10:14 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

I think we’ve taken some great strides toward French Revolution 2.0.

I was more so of hoping for an Industrial Revolution 2.0 that directly addresses the fundamental flaw of the original that never took recycling, reuse and renewable energy into consideration. Perhaps this recession will be the brink of a new cyberpunk era.

Last edited by: bokinator on April 5, 2020, 10:14 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
April 6, 2020, 12:51 a.m.

Posted by: Mic

And I honestly am fed up with streaming. I miss the good old days of renting a film or even buy one...unpacking....celebrating the movie. Not just clicking an icon and binge watchibg whatever whenever.

My favorite parts of watching a movie were the trip to the rental store and the hour spent picking out a movie.