What is Best Tire Store in the Lower Mainland?

Aug. 6, 2014, 5:28 p.m.

Costco wouldn't install a tire that wasn't the same as the original spec. For example, if the car came with a V rated tire, they won't install a similar tire that is H rated.

Volco can have good prices, but don't let them talk you into what you buy. They like to push what they can do best on, and they'll give you BS on how great a crappy tire is.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Aug. 6, 2014, 6:14 p.m.

Costco is reasonably priced, but don't go back to them for rotating or any other work afterwards. As far as I know, they only install new tires. If you buy from a locally owned shop, at least you're supporting locals, plus you can go back for any problems later on.

Thread killer

Aug. 6, 2014, 6:41 p.m.

It might have changed, but Costco gives free rotation and balance every 10,000 km.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Aug. 6, 2014, 9:13 p.m.

I've heard that Costco is very sticky on only installing OEM size tires on your vehicle.

i ran into this

Aug. 7, 2014, 12:04 a.m.

I saved a few hundred dollars (and border fees included) buying them here:
I will NEVER buy tires in Canada. EVER. Your getting completely hosed (I know, I worked in auto industry for 15+ years).

Best service too…..also when you go there, notice the plates of each car in the garage. They will likely say BC……
Discount Tire
918 Lakeway Drive
Bellingham, WA 98229
(360) 647-0583

Aug. 7, 2014, 1:38 a.m.

I've purchased from Discount a couple times, but their prices aren't always better than what you can buy up here.

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

Aug. 8, 2014, 9:02 a.m.

Thanks for all the help.
I will looking in to Discount Tire for my truck in the fall. I was looking for all weather that have the snowflake mountian. I found some at a fair price, not super cheap
Costco seemed to be really expensive on the items i was looking at 25/tire for same sizes and model.

Aug. 8, 2014, 9:32 a.m.

i've had good experience w/ 1010tires. solid pricing, free flat repair, etc. i opted for the tire replacement coverage on the last set of tires i bought - something i never typically do, but it was cheap enough ($25ish i think). i ended up with a non repairable nail puncture (too close to the sidewall), and they replaced the tire foc, no hassle. good stuff.