what happened to Majin?

Nov. 2, 2012, 6:58 p.m.

good for you andreas. i think a lot of people that have their "regular life stuff" together don't realize how much of a struggle it can be for those that don't to do what seems normal for most.

a question though, are you really benching 315 for 5x5 or was that a typo. and if yes is that touching the bar to your chest? if so that puts you in some pretty lofty company when it comes to bench press strength.

Hey Splinky,

Wouldnt a workout regime like that make him keep weight and mass instead of losing it?

….and some of the rest of you need to get off the kid's nutsack. I've busted his balls before too,but it looks like he's trying to better himself and not get in e-fights here.

Stay focused,Andreas.

Pastor of Muppets

Nov. 2, 2012, 7:04 p.m.

Wouldnt a workout regime like that make him keep weight and mass instead of losing it?

Depends … if you do it right, you can shed fat faster than you put on muscle.

Nov. 2, 2012, 7:08 p.m.

uh.. try dating someone that's bipolar and doesn't take their meds, then self-medicates with pot and alcohol.

In my world,that was called "being a teenager"

Pastor of Muppets

Nov. 2, 2012, 7:15 p.m.

Use meds as a crutch, do the work so they can be retired. Be cautious of a geological cure.

Nov. 2, 2012, 7:18 p.m.

Minus the bipolar, you just described most of NBR.

I think you've confused bipolar with bisexual.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Nov. 2, 2012, 7:31 p.m.

Hey Splinky,

….and some of the rest of you need to get off the kid's nutsack. I've busted his balls before too,but it looks like he's trying to better himself and not get in e-fights here.

Stay focused,Andreas.

yes, and no.

firstly, you have to distinguish between weight/mass and muscle/bodyfat.
properly implemented a 5x5 routine would help you lose fat, gain strength and muscle mass all at the same time. reality though is that most people just don't have the stones to train hard enough and be disciplined enough to get those sorts of results. plus, the type of results will be highly dependent on your diet. the key thing is setting up a lifestyle and routine that you can maintain over the long term.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Nov. 2, 2012, 7:55 p.m.

I eat like a tank. Its working great for me. And yes 3 plates to the chest. I'm on my phone so I can't really post the video I have of me warming up on 2 1/2 plates last month. Also I'll reply to some people when I get to a computer

Nov. 2, 2012, 10:02 p.m.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10151172412474333

This was taken last month? This was my first set. I finished with 30's on each side. I just did 3 plates the other day.

You can't really tell from the video but I have pretty big tri's and a big chest.\

And apparently a Giant Back.

I'll be satisfied at 210. I'm not in 6 packs, and I don't really "diet" per say. I just eat alot of meat, and no carbs and no junk.

Nov. 2, 2012, 10:09 p.m.

Amphetamines for ADHD and bipolar disorder. What will they think of next?

I havn't been officially diagnosed with bi-polar disorder, but we have been talking about it back and forth with my psyche. I think i have an advantage because I know what I am, and how I think. I just don't want to think the way I do. I'm sick of feeling super manic one day, then insanely depressed the next. It happens to me every winter. I know that it's situational. I need to put myself in a better situation, and get to where I want to be, and actually move forward.

I'm sick of meeting random girls. Just last weekend I had 5 girls texting me that wanted to sleep with me, but I don't want that. I want a friend. A relationship. I dunno.

I can't take the rain, and when I tell work how to solve the problem, they don't listen to me and it makes it 10 times worse.

I'm all over the place. As for Python and Ruby. I'm actually working on a project. School isn't for me right now (financially) so this is the only way to self learn my way to a job. I'll check out the other languages for sure.

Nov. 2, 2012, 10:17 p.m.

Homeopathy is the solution!!

http://www.healing-arts.org/children/ADHD/homeopathy.htm

Kn.

:lol:

Amphetamines for ADHD and bipolar disorder. What will they think of next?

They only work if you truly have adhd.

I accept it but one should seek other sources of enlightenment rather than jumping straight to meds

There is a problem in todays society where we have some small behavioral issues and our
doctors put a label on you and on to meds you go.

That said, if you truly have adhd, your body chemistry and how it metabolizes things are
vastly different from "normal" people. That's why speed calms you down and gives clarity.
Where most people take speed and it does the opposite. The problem arises when people
get scared of "getting hooked" on the drugs and refuse that avenue when it is indeed the
best road for them to take. One of the biggest thing I've done is reduce the amount of
sugar I intake…that includes natural sugars from fruits.

There are a lot of bipolar people in Hawaii, I think it tends to attract that kind of
person looking to escape from the crowds and they feel it will give them peace. Someone
who is truly bipolar needs help, and most the people I know that are need to stay on their
meds.

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

Nov. 3, 2012, 12:05 a.m.

Love how the context-sensitive ad banner @ bottom of this page is now telling me how to get help with my tax break because I'm bipolar.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Nov. 3, 2012, 1:36 a.m.

I havn't been officially diagnosed with bi-polar disorder, but we have been talking about it back and forth with my psyche. I think i have an advantage because I know what I am, and how I think. I just don't want to think the way I do. I'm sick of feeling super manic one day, then insanely depressed the next. It happens to me every winter. I know that it's situational. I need to put myself in a better situation, and get to where I want to be, and actually move forward.

I'm sick of meeting random girls. Just last weekend I had 5 girls texting me that wanted to sleep with me, but I don't want that. I want a friend. A relationship. I dunno.

I can't take the rain, and when I tell work how to solve the problem, they don't listen to me and it makes it 10 times worse.

I'm all over the place. As for Python and Ruby. I'm actually working on a project. School isn't for me right now (financially) so this is the only way to self learn my way to a job. I'll check out the other languages for sure.

Java, and .Net.

Try doing frequent cardio workouts. Not iron pumping - something not stressful like riding a bike for 45 minutes or jogging a few kilometres. Low impact workouts (no muscle strain), and getting outside is important. Forget the rain - just go for a jog down some nice trail and enjoy the trees. This type of thing is good for keeping the mental state alert and also on an even keel.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Nov. 3, 2012, 5:18 a.m.

Java, and .Net.

Try doing frequent cardio workouts. Not iron pumping - something not stressful like riding a bike for 45 minutes or jogging a few kilometres. Low impact workouts (no muscle strain), and getting outside is important. Forget the rain - just go for a jog down some nice trail and enjoy the trees. This type of thing is good for keeping the mental state alert and also on an even keel.

This is good advice, regarding ignoring the weather…. perception is everything. One can create your own positive reality by force…eventual it becomes nature. The brain is a muscle, takes work to re program it.

Was on meds for 10 years, was diagnosed bi polar, bi curious, bi whatever…said f that and got educated. Was hard work but got off all meds and booze I was self medicating with. Sadly after two years clean I was/am back on the sauce but still depression, anxiety and mood swing free always looking at the glass half full.( not the beer glass)

My posts are usually initiated while drunk and show it….its time to take back control and practice what I preach.

A good book for any who struggle with the mind/emotion…just have to do the work.
http://www.amazon.com/What-Say-When-Talk-Yourself/dp/0671708821To

Congrats on your positive moves so far Majin.

Nov. 3, 2012, 7:46 a.m.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10151172412474333

This was taken last month? This was my first set. I finished with 30's on each side. I just did 3 plates the other day.

nice dude. it's too bad you don't play sports of some sort as you could potentially have turned your size/strength into a scholarship somewhere. work hard at your squats/deadlifts and you'll be getting into beast territory.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Nov. 3, 2012, 8:24 a.m.

Just last weekend I had 5 girls texting me that wanted to sleep with me, but I don't want that. I want a friend.

was diagnosed bi polar, bi curious, bi whatever…

Bushman, meet Majin. Majin, Bushman.