what happened to Majin?

Oct. 31, 2012, 10:17 p.m.

discowitch is that laura chick

how'd your date go?

Nov. 1, 2012, 5:43 a.m.

how'd your date go?

:grinno:

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Nov. 1, 2012, 8:33 a.m.

Not a chance. I've been in the same room with both of them at the same time, so - nope.

Nov. 1, 2012, 11:54 p.m.

Proof. ;)

Nov. 2, 2012, 12:12 a.m.

Nice wink, musta been hanging round zebra.

Clunking is for retards.

Nov. 2, 2012, 2:55 a.m.

oh she's cute. But isn't that another board members daughter?

If anyone must really know, I've worked full time at 2 jobs this year to pay off a lot of debt. One of my investments lost me a lot of money last year, I lost everything (my car, my mental health) and I'm cleaning up the mess. I'm currently studying programming with emphasis on Ruby and Python Currently. I was about to enter the nursing program but realized that even though it's a free ticket to move wherever I wanted it wasn't what I truly wanted to do. I've decided that I hate Vancouver and it depresses me and I'm trying to move to Australia (have personal friends in Brisbane and Sydney that are trying to convince me to come over) but I need to have a skill set before I make the jump, since I am aiming for citizenship.

I've put on weight (Remember when I lost 80 pounds?) and I've currently lost 50 pounds of fat and built a strong base of muscle. My goal by New Years is to have visible Abs, but I'm quite pleased with my lifts (all numbers are in 5x5)

Squats: 2 Plates
Deadlifts: 3 Plates
Bench: 3 Plates
Pendelay Rows: Plate and a Half
Power Clean and Press: Plate and a half
Front Military Press (Barbell): Plate and 1/4

Current Weight: 230. I want to get down to 210. I think that would be a healthy body mass for me.

As for my mental health, there is a possibility that I'm bi-polar, but I refuse to believe it, while I do have upswings and downswings I do believe it's situational. I've been on Adderall Since April, and this drug has been a godsend for me in terms of actually getting shit done, and cleaning up my life. I've needed help for a long time. I guess none saw the dangers of me complaining about me dealing with domestic violence since the age of 9 till I was 19, the lack of parenting, the lack of parents etc… I've come now to accept how much this has changed my life and I'm kinda angry that people here, teachers at school and other authority figures did nothing as I was having my life destroyed especially since I was so vocal about it.

It's kinda of a curse. I put up with a shitty childhood, but in return I've stopped countless people from ending their lives or through a rough time (I think I've had 10 girls cry in my car in the last 4 years) because I was a listened and helped them through there problems. I always wondered what I had to offer to this world, and it was my compassion. And it helps me sleep easier at night.

I want to do more, and meet more people. I've become pretty lonely, but at the same time I've been too busy to even log onto a computer other than the casual redditor etc.

Anyways heres a picture of my brother's dog dressed as the big bad wolf

Chao. See you during my next big life change.

Nov. 2, 2012, 4:18 a.m.

I am left baffled…..

On so many fronts.

And somebody negative rep Farmer for me.

Nov. 2, 2012, 4:20 a.m.

I'm currently studying programming with emphasis on Ruby and Python Currently.

Learn Java and look into nosql DBs like MongoDB. There will be a big demand for this in the near future (the demand has already started).

Kick the prescription drugs as soon as possible or you'll get addicted. You're only supposed to take them until you get back on your feet, and then wean off.

Forget about other people's problems - it's just another escape. If you can't make yourself happy, you can't make anyone else happy, so focus on the first thing you need to take care of.

That is all.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Nov. 2, 2012, 7:44 a.m.

bi-polar depression needs to be handled by meds, blaming others for your internal fight will put you two steps back, focus forward. Go bang some Aussie sluts in Whistler, see if you could handle living with that accent.

Nov. 2, 2012, 9:07 a.m.

Kick the prescription drugs as soon as possible or you'll get addicted. You're only supposed to take them until you get back on your feet, and then wean off.

Depends on how bad his adhd is. Mine's pretty mild and I've gotten along ok, only been
fired once, but came close a couple other times and relationships are very hard for me.
BUT, I can get most things done by overcoming my scatterbrain[ness], and I do very well
in my job as it fits my adhd well.
Wellbutrin worked for me for a couple years, I was using it to stop smoking and discovered
I was a easier person to get along with while on it. Age has helped with mine too, I was
a terror when I was younger, and I'm much easier to be around now.

If Majin can't get through life he may need to be on something for life. For some like
one of my best friends, within days of "weening" off the stuff, he's in bar fights, getting
shot, shooting himself etc. He wasn't bipolar, just severe adhd, and without meds, he
became suicidal. Every time he came off meds, he tried to kill himself. After having shot
himself twice, being shot three times, jumping off a bridge in Seattle into the water
in the middle of winter, taking every dangerous job he could think of (~15yrs crab fishing
in Alaska…spending 20 minutes in the bearing sea clinging to some floating ice…, 5yrs
long lining off Gloucester he thought a few years logging in Oregon might do the trick,
no dice, so he moved to South Dakota to work on a rig, still never died so he finally
shot himself and made it stick last year at the age of 43.

If you want to get off it, ask your doctor about Wellbutrin since it's not addictive, though
not effective for most people but good for some. Most adhd people self medicate, whether
it's weed, or alcohol or in the case of Lemmy (probably adhd from listening to him talk
in his interviews lol) daily crystal meth doses in his coffee, whiskey or beer.

Forget about other people's problems - it's just another escape. If you can't make yourself happy, you can't make anyone else happy, so focus on the first thing you need to take care of.

This is so true. Co-dependency doesn't really help anyone. It's good to be there for someone
but don't let them drag you into it, it's so easy to do. Not sure if this fits you, but
look up "adult children of alcoholics" (adults that grew up with one or more alcoholic
parents grow up with a skewed sense of what is normal in life and relationships), there's
several good books on the subject and some great coping mechanisms to help you see co-dependency
starting before you get caught up. A therapist that understands this may help.

Whatever you do, don't go down my friends path, ask for help (not on the internet).

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

Nov. 2, 2012, 9:32 a.m.

ADHD is not either/or its on a continuim and according to a psychologist bud A common thread with ADHD types is they are good at Adrenalin sports like mtn biking,skiing,skydiving cuz they can thrive on massive amounts of sensory overload, she said that just watching a group of ww kayakers she could see definate ADHD characteristics in all of them

Just cuz you got ADHD does not mean you can't be sucessful … smart people learn coping strategies

edit:majin does sound better … Rome wasnt built in a day

Nov. 2, 2012, 2:15 p.m.

Proof. ;)

Red Bull [HTML_REMOVED] wine, my type of gal

bi-polar depression needs to be handled by meds, blaming others for your internal fight will put you two steps back, focus forward. Go bang some Aussie sluts in Whistler, see if you could handle living with that accent.

haha that made my afternoon

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Nov. 2, 2012, 2:48 p.m.

wrong. meds are not the solution. you have just developed another dependency, one that is not so easy to quit. depending on the meds you will have a horrible withdrawal. SSRI, SNRI, benz… benzo's are dangerously addictive..

Nov. 2, 2012, 2:55 p.m.

Homeopathy is the solution!!

http://www.healing-arts.org/children/ADHD/homeopathy.htm

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Nov. 2, 2012, 2:56 p.m.

wrong. meds are not the solution. you have just developed another dependency, one that is not so easy to quit. depending on the meds you will have a horrible withdrawal. SSRI, SNRI, benz… benzo's are dangerously addictive..

So what … if one pill a day makes the difference between holding down a job and living in a relationship instead of holding onto a shopping cart and living on the street, take the pill. You probably know people who have made this choice, but they'll probably never tell you because of your assumptions about them. Would you refuse to take meds for acid reflux, hyperthyroid or arthritis? What about epilepsy? Who gives you the right to stigmatize someone who willingly accepts treatment for a disorder or chemical imbalance in their brain?