Well this put me in a shitty mood (A-Todd)

Oct. 12, 2012, 1:49 p.m.

ugh.. so if you watched the video she said she showed people her tits in grade 7? obvious lack of morals.. and self respect. Don't beat around the bush and blame the parents, this girl had all the help she could get, some people just aren't mentally strong enough.

Setting yourself up for a life of hell thanks to the interweb and being naive.

next time I would say change your name..

And yea I was bullied in elementary, so spare me the wa wa.

I recall a photo of a young lady baring her chest and "VPS1 Sucka Rules" written there. Since your name here was once VPS1 Sucka and you've obviously then been somehow involved in the internet posting of bare-chested young ladies, I hardly think your opinion matters.

Oct. 12, 2012, 2:06 p.m.

"I'm the only kid in high school who isn't on Facebook".

I "like" you and your kid.

but only on NSMB, not crackbook.

Oct. 12, 2012, 3:10 p.m.

Thats heavy dude.

One of the things I cherish with my children is their ability to be naive. Their ability to go through life at this time without the worries and pressures that are waiting for them is part of what makes them so special.

Unfortunately as they get older they are going to have to learn some of these lessons the hard way, like most of us (including yourself) have.

Showing boobs on the internet is a culture. We have our own multi million view thread that proves that. We are bombarded with sexuality all day everyday in advertising. Her messages also mentioned that after a year of vid chatting with this guy she caved and showed him. She made one small (arguably) bad decision. Do you really think for a second that had she envisioned the outcome, she would have made the same choice in the heat of a moment?

The outcome and fallout with people still attacking the memorial page with nasty messages just showcases how our society has become detached and brainless behind the shield of a keyboard. It happens around here all the time. People type things that they would never dream of saying face to face because the can do it and walk away from the computer consequence free.

This is a horrible event that has garnered mass attention. I am willing to bet it happens much more under the radar. I like to think that this will bring some change but am sure for most people, it will slowly disappear in the rear view like so many other online indignations that get mass attention.

RIP to a tortured young girl, condolences to her family and hopefully some of the bullies take a lesson from this.

Well said! good comments.

:canada:

Oct. 12, 2012, 3:30 p.m.

I recall a photo of a young lady baring her chest and "VPS1 Sucka Rules" written there. Since your name here was once VPS1 Sucka and you've obviously then been somehow involved in the internet posting of bare-chested young ladies, I hardly think your opinion matters.

She was 18 when posting boobs, this girl was 12. A bit of a difference.

Regardless, the people doing the bullying and taunting should be put in one of Harper's new prisons. Oh wait - we don't punish criminals in Canada because we're morally too superior for that.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Oct. 12, 2012, 5:50 p.m.

What troubles me is that kids like this can't seem to find people or ways to help them cope. How did this girl get to a point where she felt she had no one to talk to? Were her parents not there? Did schools not provide enough counseling options? Were the options inaccessible for her?

No, there isn't nearly enough in place for support. Not many people know this about me but I was literally bullied every day of my schooling from kindergarten through to Grade 12. My first memories of school are being hit and kicked. I would go to teachers and they would ask the kids and they said no they never did anything and that was it. I guess my bleeding nose and black eye was self inflicted. The teachers were a joke, the school was a joke and the school districts were a joke. I am not surprised that stuff like this happens.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

Oct. 12, 2012, 10:18 p.m.

ugh.. so if you watched the video she said she showed people her tits in grade 7? obvious lack of morals.. and self respect. Don't beat around the bush and blame the parents, this girl had all the help she could get, some people just aren't mentally strong enough.

Setting yourself up for a life of hell thanks to the interweb and being naive.

next time I would say change your name..

And yea I was bullied in elementary, so spare me the wa wa.

Oct. 12, 2012, 11:39 p.m.

My reflex to something like this is to find a the nearest narrative and rail against it appropriately.

Then I channel my completely atheistic Jesus vein and empathize with every fucking actor involved, including the young and naive who think that you can "buck this one up".

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

A little strong in this case as I think we're getting better, but clearly not fast enough. Rather, I'd hope instead of offering saccharine solutions, we dig deep and think back of how we too enabled shit like this, realize it is all too common, and have a gut check and work to make sure something like this never happens again, through whatever means are available to us.

Oct. 13, 2012, 8:34 a.m.

So I started this I may as well weigh in.

I remember getting friended by the fake facebook account for this girl, at the time I was like hmmm have 30 mutual friends, must know her. Then deleted later when I got to a computer and realized how young she was and that I didn't know her. I also remember something similar happening to a girl that lived near me. Same webcam b/s, instead of facebook the photo was emailed around. He took the extra step and put a copy face down on the dad's windsheild one morning. That's about where that ended as obviously it was taken seriously after that.

It's just too easy for stuff like this to happen, and for young people to end up feeling desperate. Kind of a downward spiral as it just leads to worse and worse decisions. You can say her parents should have been there or that there should have been more councelors and support, but at that age it often doesn't mean shit if it's not one of your peers. A good friend can often be the only person that can really get through, and it's just unfortunate she didn't have that.

Oct. 14, 2012, 6:20 a.m.

….and if a certain young lady IS your daughter,you might want to have words with HER as she appears to be trolling for the wrong kind of attention.

Pastor of Muppets

Oct. 14, 2012, 8:44 p.m.

Well that didn't take long….

http://imgur.com/r/pics/TrnjM

www.natooke.com

Oct. 14, 2012, 8:49 p.m.

geeze

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Oct. 14, 2012, 9:07 p.m.

Those 4chan kids are scary!

Oct. 14, 2012, 9:07 p.m.

Well that didn't take long….

http://imgur.com/r/pics/TrnjM

Fucking wow.

Pastor of Muppets

Oct. 14, 2012, 9:21 p.m.

Would suck if he was wrongly implicated. If not, well…

Oct. 14, 2012, 9:47 p.m.

http://motleynews.net/2012/10/14/anonymous-exposes-amanda-todds-extortionist-name-kody-maxson/

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells