Well this put me in a shitty mood (A-Todd)

Oct. 12, 2012, 10 a.m.

Some of it, I'm sure, is because the torment has become relentless, 24X7 and public through media like Facebook and texting. With kids used to being permanently connected to these things, there seems to be no escape. I shut down my kid's Facebook account permanently after seeing what people were posting (he later thanked me for it) and my other kid has no desire to ever be on Facebook, boasting "I'm the only kid in high school who isn't on Facebook".

Oct. 12, 2012, 10:14 a.m.

One thing about the parents being/not being there. Sometimes even with the most supportive parents who listen that isn't enough for these kids. You can come home to a happy place where your family cares and loves you but you know the next day you have to leave and go to school. And in this case the bullying penetrated the walls of her house.

To me it seems parents can only do so much. What else do you do when you try moving schools. I suppose to completely uproot and move to another city if it becomes that dire.

Things do change once high school is over as everyone goes their own way however the high school years can seem an eternity for some people.

Totally, we also don't know much about her parents involvement because it isn't in most of the stories, we are just guessing.

Oct. 12, 2012, 10:21 a.m.

So tragic, some people can be so shitty. :(

I wonder what the chances are of the 4chan freaks getting a hold of this and exacting some revenge…..

www.natooke.com

Oct. 12, 2012, 10:27 a.m.

So tragic, some people can be so shitty. :(

I wonder what the chances are of the 4chan freaks getting a hold of this and exacting some revenge…..

to me this seems like the best way to get at the asshole who started it all.

Oct. 12, 2012, 10:58 a.m.

Some of it, I'm sure, is because the torment has become relentless, 24X7 and public through media like Facebook and texting. With kids used to being permanently connected to these things, there seems to be no escape. I shut down my kid's Facebook account permanently after seeing what people were posting (he later thanked me for it) and my other kid has no desire to ever be on Facebook, boasting "I'm the only kid in high school who isn't on Facebook".

Tchnology makes it easier to keep up the torment. So even if you move schools they don't have to be there. they just have to put in a bit of work and they can start up again.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Oct. 12, 2012, 11:09 a.m.

according to what i read this morning, she had the support of her parents, was in counseling, and had moved schools three times to avoid the bullying, but i guess it just wasn't enough.

as an adult they don't call it bullying, it's harassment, and it's very real.

Oct. 12, 2012, 12:10 p.m.

ugh.. so if you watched the video she said she showed people her tits in grade 7? obvious lack of morals.. and self respect. Don't beat around the bush and blame the parents, this girl had all the help she could get, some people just aren't mentally strong enough.

Setting yourself up for a life of hell thanks to the interweb and being naive.

next time I would say change your name..

And yea I was bullied in elementary, so spare me the wa wa.

Clunking is for retards.

Oct. 12, 2012, 12:43 p.m.

A young, impressionable girl was tricked by an older online predator, and that speaks to her "bad morals"?

Oct. 12, 2012, 12:45 p.m.

Also, saying you were bullied in elementary might not really be relevant depending on how old you are. Bullying happened when I was in school too, but it's a whole different world now. Things like Facebook and texting didn't exist then.

Who is blaming the parents? Those douchebag kids deserve all the blame.

Oct. 12, 2012, 12:46 p.m.

ugh.. so if you watched the video she said she showed people her tits in grade 7? obvious lack of morals.. and self respect. Don't beat around the bush and blame the parents, this girl had all the help she could get, some people just aren't mentally strong enough.

Thats heavy dude.

One of the things I cherish with my children is their ability to be naive. Their ability to go through life at this time without the worries and pressures that are waiting for them is part of what makes them so special.

Unfortunately as they get older they are going to have to learn some of these lessons the hard way, like most of us (including yourself) have.

Showing boobs on the internet is a culture. We have our own multi million view thread that proves that. We are bombarded with sexuality all day everyday in advertising. Her messages also mentioned that after a year of vid chatting with this guy she caved and showed him. She made one small (arguably) bad decision. Do you really think for a second that had she envisioned the outcome, she would have made the same choice in the heat of a moment?

The outcome and fallout with people still attacking the memorial page with nasty messages just showcases how our society has become detached and brainless behind the shield of a keyboard. It happens around here all the time. People type things that they would never dream of saying face to face because the can do it and walk away from the computer consequence free.

This is a horrible event that has garnered mass attention. I am willing to bet it happens much more under the radar. I like to think that this will bring some change but am sure for most people, it will slowly disappear in the rear view like so many other online indignations that get mass attention.

RIP to a tortured young girl, condolences to her family and hopefully some of the bullies take a lesson from this.

Oct. 12, 2012, 1:03 p.m.

Some individuals need more self esteem, for sure.

But what's with the people around them? In grade 7, if someone was being a bully, we'd go and mess up the bully and tell them it wasn't acceptable. Same in high school. Is everyone now either a bully or an ostrich?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Oct. 12, 2012, 1:07 p.m.

You never made any mistakes growing up?

Oct. 12, 2012, 1:09 p.m.

Well, it was a stupid and immature move but should she have been harassed to death?

Kids make mistakes, even ones with decent parents. Some kids don't develop socially as fast as they do physically and that's the kind of stuff somebody could be duped into, especially if they're lacking in confidence. I wouldn't call it a lack of "morals", just a lack of maturity and proper guidance perhaps. But she got exploited and treated like shit. No one deserves that.

Wrong. Always.

Oct. 12, 2012, 1:12 p.m.

Well, it was a stupid and immature move but should she have been harassed to death?

Kids make mistakes, even ones with decent parents. Some kids don't develop socially as fast as they do physically and that's the kind of stuff somebody could be duped into, especially if they're lacking in confidence. I wouldn't call it a lack of "morals", just a lack of maturity and proper guidance perhaps. But she got exploited and treated like shit. No one deserves that.

well said.

Oct. 12, 2012, 1:18 p.m.

obvious lack of morals.. and self respect.

You haven't visited a lot of the world outside of north america, have you?

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.