Well this put me in a shitty mood (A-Todd)

Oct. 11, 2012, 10:57 p.m.

http://www.theprovince.com/news/Cyberbullying+Teen+suicide+prompts+grief+Coquitlam/7376942/story.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM-0NAhGuAg

I had a pretty good summer and lead a pretty awesome life. People I work with are awesome, classmates are good stuff, and I got some pretty sick friends. I even get along with my family sometimes. Hard to believe that I live in the same world as this girl. She made some mistakes, but it's pretty hard to make good choices when you're desperate. Hell I did a ton of dumb shit but fortunately no one decided to archive it and rally up a region wide campaign against me.

Oct. 11, 2012, 11:59 p.m.

Every dad's nightmare
RIP.

Oct. 12, 2012, 1 a.m.

Very sad. The mistakes she made are ones many youth make but it is extremely rare for someone to use it against another. I don't know the whole story but she looks like an attractive young teen who I am surprised someone would use it against her.

I am surprised she didn't call out the one dude but maybe she didn't know his name?

Oct. 12, 2012, 1:31 a.m.

This is in Poco? Is the place that much of a hole?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Oct. 12, 2012, 7:02 a.m.

Bullies are the worst.

There should be a "punch a bully in the face" day. On it, all the adults that were bullied as kids would get a free pass on punching kids in the face. There'd be a process. Like, an adult would go to a school and a teacher would have to say "yup, that kid over there in the purple - bully" and then the adult could punch that kid in the face.

Bullies would look forward to the day like the anti Christmas. They might forget to be good every now and again, but then they'd remember getting punched, like a hundred times the year before, and they'd think a little before they called some normal girl a slut.

If I were in politics this would be part of my platform for election.

Oct. 12, 2012, 7:30 a.m.

so absolutely horrible. the poor girl :(
RIP

Oct. 12, 2012, 7:50 a.m.

A truly sad story. I hope the guy that fallowed her around gets a good public shaming or ass raped in jail buy the biggest dude.
The worst is the trolls posting sick shit on her FB memorial page. Some of her bullies are even saying they had a party to celebrate her Suicide, so sickening.

The one thing I do not get is the guy keep finding her on FB why did her parents and counselors not close her account?

RIP Amanda.

is going big on a bike the only way to get you stoked on the sport? what happened to riding with your bros, travelling, and riding unique places, to get people stoked on riding?

fines are useless. there needs to be more punches to the throat.

Oct. 12, 2012, 7:53 a.m.

What a terrible tragedy. There's a whole lot more to life than high school. I wish more kids realized that. I also hope those kids who caused her death have to spend the rest of their lives dealing with what they did.

RIP

Oct. 12, 2012, 7:58 a.m.

Wasn't too interested in this story due to media frenzy, but seeing this is really sad - she had the wherewithal to make and post that video, either a brave attempt to reset herself, or a suicide note. Bad, bad stuff.

Oct. 12, 2012, 8:02 a.m.

There's a whole lot more to life than high school. I wish more kids realized that.
RIP

So true. Rep this man

is going big on a bike the only way to get you stoked on the sport? what happened to riding with your bros, travelling, and riding unique places, to get people stoked on riding?

fines are useless. there needs to be more punches to the throat.

Oct. 12, 2012, 8:24 a.m.

What troubles me is that kids like this can't seem to find people or ways to help them cope. How did this girl get to a point where she felt she had no one to talk to? Were her parents not there? Did schools not provide enough counseling options? Were the options inaccessible for her?

Sadly, bullying will always exist. We can run all the programs we want to "fight" bullying, but it'll never disappear. I think efforts are better spent on ensuring no kid is without help when needed.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Oct. 12, 2012, 9:10 a.m.

What troubles me is that kids like this can't seem to find people or ways to help them cope. How did this girl get to a point where she felt she had no one to talk to? Were her parents not there? Did schools not provide enough counseling options? Were the options inaccessible for her?

Some of it is simply no one especially the parents actually listened to their child. I can see how this path can start just from my own past. My dad is a great example as when I came to him to tell him about problem.. bullied at school. He didn't listen it was him talk you listen mentality. It doesn't take long before the child doesn't bother talking to adults because they believe adults won't actually listen. It's hard sometimes as a dad to listen when Gabi is talking about stuff. It always seems to happen at the time when I'm in the middle of other stuff. It's easy to tell her not now and blow her off. But twice now in the last year by listening to her talk it has come out that 3 kids in her Kindergarten where bullying her at school.

And it's not just in high school. The wife just this week found out her 4 second years where bullying the first year players in the last 3 weeks.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Oct. 12, 2012, 9:46 a.m.

This hits me hard as I was bullied alot in school and was close to ending my life. My parents sold there house and we moved and things did get better. Im lucky i had such amazing parents with out them I would not be alive today. RIP It is a very sad story indeed.

Builder of Little Bastard

Oct. 12, 2012, 9:53 a.m.

Yeah the worst is the shit kids are saying on her page after the fact. Her poor parents

Oct. 12, 2012, 9:55 a.m.

One thing about the parents being/not being there. Sometimes even with the most supportive parents who listen that isn't enough for these kids. You can come home to a happy place where your family cares and loves you but you know the next day you have to leave and go to school. And in this case the bullying penetrated the walls of her house.

To me it seems parents can only do so much. What else do you do when you try moving schools. I suppose to completely uproot and move to another city if it becomes that dire.

Things do change once high school is over as everyone goes their own way however the high school years can seem an eternity for some people.