Well this looks pretty bad...

Aug. 15, 2014, 10:07 a.m.

I'm actually pretty neutral on all of it,just presenting another angle on all of this.

Btw,theyre still working on the Bish fwiw.

Pastor of Muppets

Aug. 15, 2014, 10:09 a.m.

Very complicated governing structure with the TN.

Aug. 15, 2014, 12:14 p.m.

Very complicated governing structure with the TN.

Probably not if you compare them to the Gitxsan ?

http://thetyee.ca/News/2014/08/11/First-Nations-Blockade-Red-Chris/?utm_source=fb-page-editor-post[HTML_REMOVED]utm_medium=fb-page[HTML_REMOVED]utm_campaign=fb-08-2014

these ^^ don't really look like road builders, more like elder's [HTML_REMOVED] aunties but you have to give them credit they have been sucessful at what they do

On the Apache/Chevron file maybe Chevron has another partner or is hoping ?

Aug. 15, 2014, 12:41 p.m.

Probably not if you compare them to the Gitxsan ?

nope - but i'm not comparing them. Just stating that its not as easy as pointing fingers. And I agree, very successful at stating their case, negotiating and operating a multi million dollar business.

Aug. 15, 2014, 1:04 p.m.

I think the klabonia keepers were old FN folk who were sucessful at shutting out very large corporations (shell [HTML_REMOVED] now imperial) not operating any kind of business

The dealings with every FN bands are complicated, they are a different culture a different nation and we often insult them

Aug. 16, 2014, 9 a.m.

^^ initial consultation begins with FN distrust, as it should.

Aug. 18, 2014, 11:06 a.m.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/mount-polley-mine-spill-minister-reveals-plans-for-2-reviews-1.2739488

1st review will be the Mnt polley incident

2nd review will be ALL the mines in BC with a tailings pond

Aug. 18, 2014, 1:49 p.m.

So even though a large portion of the world's mining companies are listed on the TSX, does not mean they are canadian. for instance, Barrick one of the largest gold producers in the world is listed on the TSX, but they are located in Colorado. Vale which bought out Inco which was the main producer of nickel in sudbury is from Brasil. I'm not saying Canadian companies are free of fault, no one is. i don't think that you have to look very far back into our history to know that, Sudbury was and is still a mess and that was Canadian operated on our own soil. but that was the technology of that day and era. i'm not saying there aren't sketchy fuckers out there today that get away with stuff that you're embarrassed as a nation about. but on average, if you work with, talk to, live in the places around the world where each of these companies operate, you realize there is a significant cultural difference.

Barrick is headquartered in Toronto, Newmont is in Colorado. A large portion, i.e. the majority of mining companies are listed on the TSX, and headquartered in Canada. Granted the three largest are based elsewhere (glencore, Rio Tinto, BHP…)

jake has come through for me before, I fully suspect he is just trying to find all his clothes and finishing up breakfast

Aug. 19, 2014, 8:14 p.m.

expert panel details.

http://www.mining.com/web/mt-polley-expert-panel-review/

Aug. 19, 2014, 9:43 p.m.

Barrick is headquartered in Toronto, Newmont is in Colorado. A large portion, i.e. the majority of mining companies are listed on the TSX, and headquartered in Canada. Granted the three largest are based elsewhere (glencore, Rio Tinto, BHP…)

sorry, i meant to type newmont but had barrick on the brain.

"You know what's wrong with Vancouver? You can't pee off of your own balcony without getting in trouble"
- Phil Gordon

Aug. 26, 2014, 4:23 p.m.

I think the klabonia keepers were old FN folk who were sucessful at shutting out very large corporations (shell [HTML_REMOVED] now imperial) not operating any kind of business

The dealings with every FN bands are complicated, they are a different culture a different nation and we often insult them

Oh look,the "blockade" is over. I'm sure no money changed hands :rolleyes:

Pastor of Muppets

Aug. 26, 2014, 7:08 p.m.

The barter system works.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Sept. 1, 2014, 1:04 p.m.

http://canadians.org/blog/update-mount-polley-mine-disaster-imperial-metals-and-government-focus-covering-instead

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Sept. 2, 2014, 5:38 a.m.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/mount-polley-mine-spill-minister-reveals-plans-for-2-reviews-1.2739488

1st review will be the Mnt polley incident

2nd review will be ALL the mines in BC with a tailings pond

…there's also 100s of ponds in BC w/o operating mines or even owners on them. BC's ENER should have a list posted there somewhere for those who are interested. Spent 5-10min looking for it, but all the results are Mt Polley. :/

Sept. 2, 2014, 6:43 a.m.

http://canadians.org/blog/update-mount-polley-mine-disaster-imperial-metals-and-government-focus-covering-instead

This was Published Aug 30th… and Oh man, what a sad story with super misleading title and even worse reporting.

It makes no mention of the Aug 18th BC gov't AND the Soda Creek + Williams Lake FNs Bands partnership for an independent expert review. And in fact explicitly claims that the FNs our on their own and that the Gov't is helping to cover things up.

Oh ya. There's NOooo info or data on water and sed results either… yup… none. Such cover ups!

And the horrible "injustice" of Imperial's suggestion that leaving the material in place is just corporate greed. That is actually worth considering and may truly prevent more mobilization of the metals… Compare it to the article's implied alternative of "Oh look! A giant unconfined tailings pile of metals… let's take mobile equipment and stir it all up again and let's do that before we put containment around the whole thing." F*ing great idear right there… Ever try shoveling 1,000kg? shit ain't easy. Now try 4,500,000,000 kgs of it. And do all that while that while meeting these limits which are measured in PPM and PPB. Here's what 400ppm! looks like (which is 100s or 1000s above some most of the limits). So try not to spill anything while moving that 4,500,000,000 kgs of fine sand without containment in an active waterway.

It's sentimental string pulling crap like this that really undermines the good and much needed work these types of groups do. I wish these people would go learn some damn science before complaining that *000,000s of metric tonnes hasn't already been 'cleaned up' within a month of it happening.

!~Much Rant~!