Wealth in the USA

March 4, 2013, 12:08 p.m.

I would like to know how they are measuring wealth.

March 4, 2013, 12:20 p.m.

As Clint Eastwood would say … "With a dipstick. Why?" (I think the question posed to Mr Eastwood's character was "How do you measure your sanity?").

March 4, 2013, 1:50 p.m.

Saw that earlier on Reddit. Frightening.

Now, cue counter punch stories, inane smileys, and copied/pasted opinions of others in 3… 2… 1…

You forgot u-tube, asshole.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXHckAFMzaw

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

March 4, 2013, 2:17 p.m.

Hey … I have an idea. Instead of a "Credit Card", we should own "Feudal Cards". Everytime we, say, buy a granite counter top on credit, we have to pay it back in barley, beets, turnips and hogs.

Outlaw credit cards and only allow debit cards or cash.

It's still hard to believe that the US had negative mortgages.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

March 4, 2013, 3:01 p.m.

You forgot u-tube, asshole.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXHckAFMzaw

A video that copies and pastes headlines for you without providing any analysis or insight? You must be in heaven!

March 4, 2013, 6:43 p.m.

Hey … I have an idea. Instead of a "Credit Card", we should own "Feudal Cards". Everytime we, say, buy a granite counter top on credit, we have to pay it back in barley, beets, turnips and hogs.

And this is why everyone should have to take a basic micro and macro economics class. Currency is far simpler than dealing with a barter system and coincidence of wants.

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

March 4, 2013, 6:45 p.m.

Outlaw credit cards and only allow debit cards or cash.

It's still hard to believe that the US had negative mortgages.

For those smart enough to live within our means, credit cards are a great way to get an extra 1-3% cash back off those of you who can't figure out that you need to have more $$ coming in than you have going out. (Unless you want to run your life like Obama is running this country)

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

March 4, 2013, 7:10 p.m.

For those smart enough to live within our means, credit cards are a great way to get an extra 1-3% cash back off those of you who can't figure out that you need to have more $$ coming in than you have going out. (Unless you want to run your life like Obama is running this country)

If I were to run my life like Obama is running your country,my parents would have had to carry on like drunken pirates (which they didn't) and pass their debts and crimes on to me.

Pastor of Muppets

March 4, 2013, 7:11 p.m.

all you guys that made shitty POV riding videos made this guy a billionaire.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ryanmac/2013/03/04/the-mad-billionaire-behind-gopro-the-worlds-hottest-camera-company/

after Foxconn spend $200M for 8%.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

March 4, 2013, 7:29 p.m.

fuck are they Fucked

FYP

March 4, 2013, 7:34 p.m.

With a string?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hphgHi6FD8k
Amen.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

March 4, 2013, 8:01 p.m.

all you guys that made shitty POV riding videos made this guy a billionaire.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ryanmac/2013/03/04/the-mad-billionaire-behind-gopro-the-worlds-hottest-camera-company/

after Foxconn spend $200M for 8%.

Who cares about riding videos. Russian dashcam videos are the future. Sounds like that guy Woodman had a lousy time developing the camera. Traveling the world while surfing, skiing and paddling - sounds tedious.

And this is why everyone should have to take a basic micro and macro economics class. Currency is far simpler than dealing with a barter system and coincidence of wants.

Uhhh I was kidding … we were comparing consumer debt to feudalism. Feudalism is making a comeback - its not just for serfs anymore.