Wealth in the USA

March 3, 2013, 11:17 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPKKQnijnsM

No surprise that it's broken, but how broken it is, is frightening.

March 4, 2013, 1:23 a.m.

Saw that earlier on Reddit. Frightening.

Now, cue counter punch stories, inane smileys, and copied/pasted opinions of others in 3… 2… 1…

March 4, 2013, 1:25 a.m.

That's just the way they like it. Debt is control.

Fox news, credit cards, Krispy Kreme, and Walmart.
The Merkin Dream!

The best things in life all start with the letter B
Hooray for: Bacon, Bikeys, Boobies, Boards, and Beer!

March 4, 2013, 5:43 a.m.

they'll actually argue that this is in their best interest.

fuck are they dumb

Ha Ha! Made you look.

March 4, 2013, 6:15 a.m.

I live off of 1000 a month and am somewhat happy….

though i use Jedi mind tricks to achieve my zen state.
Money aint everything…but that vid does show that some have everything and most dont.(as far as money is concerned)

consolidating of wealth has been happening for a long time, illusion of wealth is recent history, delusion of wealth for the common man is now.

March 4, 2013, 7:24 a.m.

Doesn't really surprise me, but really goes to show how unhealthy the U.S. is currently.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
— Sigmund Freud

:canada: :usa:

March 4, 2013, 9:01 a.m.

I watched the documentary "Maxed Out" … I thought it was weird all these people complaining about credit debt and how evil banks and lenders are. OK, banks and lenders are evil BUT if you use them as a lifeline to finance a lifestyle of mindless, conspicuous consumption, you have sold yourself to them. Once you get into debt you are, whether you like it or not, their bitch.

Money aint everything…but that vid does show that some have everything and most dont.(as far as money is concerned)

Money is the supreme deity of modern society. We hold it in awe, we worship it, we are mesmerized and will to just about anything to acquire it and its power (I'm just as guilty as anyone BTW). But what exactly is it? Pieces of paper, scraps of metal and magnetic domains on a spinning platter. It is our all-powerful God. Kenn may not believe in god, but his heart, his rational mind are also beholden to idols of pieces of paper, scraps of metal and magnetic domains. Money is a real-world embodiment of things like the Rings of Power, the Force and all the other mythic powers that rule the fantasy worlds dreamed up by men (and chicks).

March 4, 2013, 9:23 a.m.

]

Money is the supreme deity of modern society. We hold it in awe, we worship it, we will to just about anything to acquire it and its power (I'm just as guilty as anyone BTW). But what exactly is it? Pieces of paper, scraps of metal and magnetic domains on a spinning platter. It is our all-powerful God. Kenn may not believe in god, but his heart, his rational mind are also beholden to idols of pieces of paper, scraps of metal and magnetic domains. Money is a real-world metaphor for things like the Rings of Power, the Force and all the other mythic powers that rule the fantasy worlds dreamed up by men (and chicks).

I agree with you completely…and have given up the love for money and do what i can to defy the system…i try not to bow down to that god. But like you say…it rules the earth as we know it and i know.

Every day i try to distant myself from money…it is possible, but one has to be willing to go completely jungle to do it.
Doable…but easier said than done. People talk the green talk…and i just laugh.
But as close as i am…not nearly close enough.

March 4, 2013, 9:44 a.m.

No surprise that it's broken, but how broken it is, is frightening.

there'll be a revolution. it's inevitable. build moar FEMA campz !!!

March 4, 2013, 9:47 a.m.

That's just the way they like it. Debt is control.

Fox news, credit cards, Krispy Kreme, and Walmart.
The Merkin Dream!

It's feudalism…

Except we don't get land anymore, we get credit…

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

March 4, 2013, 10:01 a.m.

It's feudalism…

Except we don't get land anymore, we get credit…

The land was credit. You didn't own it - the land was loaned to you and you and worked the land to pay off the loan debt to your landlord.

March 4, 2013, 10:21 a.m.

The land was credit. You didn't own it - the land was loaned to you and you and worked the land to pay off the loan debt to your landlord.

true…

and before whiteman came with their governments, land was free for the taking….if you had the spears bows and manpower to just kick ass and take land titles.

:drunk:

March 4, 2013, 10:32 a.m.

true…

and before whiteman came with their governments, land was free for the taking….if you had the spears bows and manpower to just kick ass and take land titles.

:drunk:

The Nisga were way smarter than whitey cuz they didn't leave anybody around to challenge the courts and win a "Delgamuukw like" decision

not only is that small percentage of wealthy people keeping you down ….you are willingly letting them

March 4, 2013, 11:14 a.m.

Hey … I have an idea. Instead of a "Credit Card", we should own "Feudal Cards". Everytime we, say, buy a granite counter top on credit, we have to pay it back in barley, beets, turnips and hogs.

March 4, 2013, 11:57 a.m.

just for today, can my Sombrero double as a tin foil hat?