Water that burns

Jan. 2, 2012, 11:07 a.m.

I have a better idea.

Lets invite every uneducated batshit crazy housewife and any conspiracy crazed,Youtube educated taxi driver that we can find,to give their professional opinion on the subject and then create policy from that.

^^^^^^^

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Hard Tack again.

Jan. 2, 2012, 11:52 a.m.

:lol:

Did you even read that article? It says right in it that hydraulic fracturing operations were most likely not the cause of the earthquakes. Then they go on to blame an injection well, get real :rolleyes: That article was absolutely abysmal, some real bad reporting on that site. And the title of the article is incredibly misleading. Such shoddy journalism.

The sad thing is that most people just skim news items these days…and many well meaning folks get suckered into believing the BS, Tungsten included.

Pastor of Muppets

Jan. 2, 2012, 12:02 p.m.

The sad thing is that most people just skim news items these days…and many well meaning folks get suckered into believing the BS, Tungsten included.

Because multi-tasking social networks is more important than a serious foundation/background/literacy in things.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Jan. 2, 2012, 7:30 p.m.

:announce: donut need no stinkin' litresea, gots musik….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=timfvNgr_Q4
:rave: That's Carlos Santana there at the end ……….

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Jan. 2, 2012, 10:04 p.m.

Just to be clear, there's absolutely no way in hell that fracking has anything to do with earthquakes in areas that were seismically inactive until hundreds of deep holes were drilled there?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Jan. 3, 2012, 5:32 a.m.

Just to be clear, there's absolutely no way in hell that fracking has anything to do with earthquakes in areas that were seismically inactive until hundreds of deep holes were drilled there?

Do you think that if you drilled a few hundred tiny holes in the foundation of your house,that it would collapse?

On scale, gas frac operations are so tiny that they could never cause plates to shift.

….and "seismically inactive" doesn't exist. The entire earth is seismically active,its just our short attention spans that have us believing that if it hasn't happened in recent memory,then it never happened at all.

Pastor of Muppets

Jan. 3, 2012, 5:15 p.m.

Got it. Just a coincidence. Oklahoma, Arkansas, and now Ohio.

It's a known fact that seismic activity has been produced by humans, whether it's by building dams, or mining, or drilling holes and pressing millions of gallons of water onto them.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Jan. 3, 2012, 5:19 p.m.

When I was a kid there was an earthquake in Ontario.

Fracing?

Pastor of Muppets

Jan. 3, 2012, 6:08 p.m.

Lets frac Surrey…

Jan. 3, 2012, 8:59 p.m.

Ohio land area: 40, 860.69 mi2
Area of an average bottom-hole bore hole: 12.56 in2
Total wells in operation: 64, 427
Total bottom hole surface area of all wells drilled and actively producing in Ohio: 12.7715 mi2 (round to 13… original calculation based on estimates of average bit diameter)
Percentage of land mass area affected by boreholes: 0.0318%

Hardtack's argument stands. Go outside to your foundation. 7 / 100ths of 1% of it. Is there a problem with your foundation?

Edit: Oh, and if you want to get into the cubic volume of the hole, just keep in mind please that the cubic volume of the earth surrounding the hole will also come into play, and that logically, since the hole maintains its size and structure throughout it's lifetime (with the use of casing or lining), it's fair to say that it has little to no affect on it's immediate surroundings. When it's life is over, it's back-filled and cemented shut.

Jan. 4, 2012, 9:13 a.m.

Got it. Just a coincidence. Oklahoma, Arkansas, and now Ohio.

It's a known fact that seismic activity has been produced by humans, whether it's by building dams, or mining, or drilling holes and pressing millions of gallons of water onto them.

Yes. It is a coincidence. There are small tremors all over the world all the time. Humans can not create seismic activity in the sense of moving plates and large masses of the earth. Humans can create vibrations from pile driving, blasting and other activities. Those are seismic events in the sense that they create vibrations that can be felt and measured. They do not create movement of faults. Humans do not have have the ability to create an earthquake. Imagine the mass of say the Juan de Fuca plate. Imagine trying to move a car with a fire cracker.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Jan. 4, 2012, 4:50 p.m.

i saw flames on youtube, it must be true! we need a hero

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap7m1CYzS6A

Jan. 4, 2012, 5:30 p.m.

Hi I'm 75% of the NSMB userbase and I know everything about anything even though I have no real world experience/schooling in said subject. I also get all my knowledge from news article quotes from other people who don't know their dick from a hole in the ground.

Jan. 4, 2012, 8:45 p.m.

:idea: Mr.Villa, if'n you don't know your own dick isn't a hole in the ground better than no hole at all? :clap:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/british-columbia/bc-politics/bc-launches-review-of-oil-and-gas-industry-practices/article2290621/

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Jan. 4, 2012, 10:44 p.m.

[QUOTE=tungstun's latest bs article]
Opening Sentence:
The B.C. government has launched a review to determine if controversial practices by the oil and gas industry such as fracking and flaring pose a threat to human health.

Premise:
She wants a formal registry of residents who have suffered adverse health effects because of exposure to toxic gases. Some northeastern B.C. residents have blamed sour gas leaks, for example, for severe health issues ranging from cancer to depression, but it’s a link that industry has not accepted.[/QUOTE]

For one: Hydraulic fracturing has nothing to do with the release of gas to the surface. That's well control. Sorry Globe, you screwed up.

For two: Both fracing and flaring have nothing to do with sour gas leaks. Sorry Globe, you screwed up again.

Will one of you hippies ever quote something credible?

kthxbai