Water that burns

July 20, 2012, 8:38 p.m.

Just for go-t………..

New Information Shows There May Be More Underground Contamination Pathways for Methane and Toxic Fracking Fluids Than Previously Thought.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

July 21, 2012, 3:43 p.m.

Our taxes just went down because the town is selling effluent to industry for frac fluid at $0.5/l

July 21, 2012, 4:08 p.m.

Just for go-t………..

New Information Shows There May Be More Underground Contamination Pathways for Methane and Toxic Fracking Fluids Than Previously Thought.

I like the NRDC (one of the few I used to give $ to when I had it).
So they talk about brine being a problem and then say:

One other thing that is important to keep in mind is time scale. It's uncertain how long it took for Marcellus brine to migrate into shallow groundwater but it likely happened on a geologic timescale - i.e. over thousands or millions of years. The IPCC standard for CCS is less than 1% CO2 leakage per 1000 years, which should be achievable at properly selected sites.

So far geologic sequestration is only occurring on a demonstration scale, so there are certainly lessons yet to be learned. But, unlike fracking, there are some good regulations in place to help ensure that sequestration is done right.

I get confused. I'm sure from all the hyperbole from the left and right the truth is
somewhere in between "the world is going to crack and kill us all" and "don't worry, we
know what we're doing". I get so jaded from both sides when I read/hear exaggerations
and data being massaged one way or the other that I begin to just not care.

But thanks Tungsten for finding a more readable news source and for not posting yet one
more video with ominous music and ADD images being thrown at me like a picture machine
gun. I tend to last about 3 seconds on those.

…and just when we thought we had this whole geology thing down, new findings:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-18875385

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

July 21, 2012, 11:25 p.m.

…and just when we thought we had this whole geology thing down, new findings:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-18875385

The Sleeper had awakened.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Sept. 22, 2012, 10:55 p.m.

Coming to a town near go-t today………..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-ztsujyc1o

Coordinated Actions Worldwide Call for Banning Fracking

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Sept. 22, 2012, 10:59 p.m.

Sept. 22, 2012, 11 p.m.

"The truck engines, left to idle by their drivers, sucked the fumes from the air, revving into a high-pitched whine. Before anyone could react, one of the trucks backfired, releasing a spark that ignited the invisible cloud.

Fifteen-foot-high flames enveloped the steel shed and tankers. Two workers died, and four were rushed to the hospital with burns over much of their bodies. A third worker died six weeks later. "

http://www.propublica.org/article/trillion-gallon-loophole-lax-rules-for-drillers-that-inject-pollutants

Sept. 23, 2012, 8:18 a.m.

I think my problem with tungsten is that he never seems to have an opinion on anything, he just copy and pastes someone else's or puts up a picture. My wife works in water conservation and I work for big oil, we manage to have some awesome debates without either side coming off as batshit crazy.

Sept. 23, 2012, 11:45 a.m.

I think my problem with tungsten is that he never seems to have an opinion on anything, he just copy and pastes someone else's or puts up a picture. My wife works in water conservation and I work for big oil, we manage to have some awesome debates without either side coming off as batshit crazy.

Yeah but none of us here, as far as I know, are sleeping in the same bed……

Sept. 23, 2012, 10:27 p.m.

If you put him on ignore, you won't see his posts. Then if he posts something worthy, usually
someone else will quote it and it saves you time reading the rantings of counterpunch.

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

Nov. 9, 2012, 11:06 a.m.

Yoko Ono, Sean Lennon Put Anti-Fracking Message on New York Billboard

Radioactive

Nov. 9, 2012, 11:10 a.m.

As long as she doesn't sing.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Nov. 9, 2012, 11:37 a.m.

Hippies

Nov. 9, 2012, 10:39 p.m.

As long as she doesn't sing.

For those who don't know……

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdZ9weP5i68

Feb. 7, 2013, 8:27 p.m.

On now…………..

http://www.cbc.ca/natureofthings/episode/shattered-ground.html